Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/28/08 16:05

Muro

Oni Advice

Hello, first off i really enjoyed Oni on the playstation 2. Its one of the top games on that system. I would love to play some team battles or just some general mayhem but thats never going to happen with my console version smile

The games quite old now so i need a copy of the game to run on my PC. It would be helpful if you could answer a few questions.

1 - Do i have to buy a copy of the game off E-bay or download a copy. I don't have a problem with paying for it but I'm just after the best way.

2 - I'm really interested in the arena mod for this, thats why i don't just play the PS2 version. Is it hard to install at all and can you set up teams against each other or just a free for all?

3 - Do you have to play it with a keyboard? I'm used to a joypad.

4 - I run windows XP. I'm assuming i need some kind of patch if i did want to get the game running?

#2 05/29/08 00:05

TomeOne
Administrator
Website

Re: Oni Advice

The "best" way is to not talk about warez, like the rules have stated and you agreed to when you registered.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#3 05/29/08 08:05

Muro

Ah sorry, i was just worried i wouldn't be able to find a copy anymore but i saw one on E-bay. Its used of course but hopefully it will work alright.

#4 05/29/08 08:05

Iritscen

1.  Yeah, we don't condone illegal downloading of the game.  If you know of a legal way to pay for it and download it, I'm all ears.

2.  The arena mod is easy to install, but keep in mind, it generates teams of AI vs AI, with your character on one side.  There is no multiplayer for Oni.  Not in the foreseeable future, anyway.

3.  I suppose a USB gamepad would work, but honestly, the keyboard's the way to go with the PC version, because the console version (I'm told) doesn't allow the controllability that the PC version does.

4.  The wiki is your friend :-)  You'll see a link to it at the top of the forum's page.  It covers the whole subject of patches for Windows compatibility.  I'm not going to tell you specifically where to go because the wiki is supposed to be user-friendly enough to make that apparent.  If you don't find what you want, though, feel free to ask here.

And welcome, by the way!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 05/30/08 19:05

Muro

Thanks for the welcome. I was lucky and picked a copy up for just 2 pounds! I hope it works alright.

#6 06/22/08 18:06

Striker

Here is the link for full Oni download english: &%**%^&*%^&*%^&*%^&*(%^&*(

It's Russian, but if you don't understand, just click on the first link in the middle.

WHOOOPS, SORRY, FORGOT ABOUT THE RULES! Though I know where to get on eillegally.

Last edited by Striker (06/22/08 18:06)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#7 06/22/08 18:06

Gumby

Why is it that Harry gets on to heckle people about warez, but won't move my topic to a different section of the forum? tongue

For XP, just get the daodan dll+EXE...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer