Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/20/08 16:06

Kirbachev

Trouble with the AE

Ran the installation no problem, after a few false starts. When I use the batch files to play and play AE however, Oni locks up and I'm left with a black screen.
Now I understand that it requires time to sort itself out on the first run, but I left it for about an hour, and there was no change.
Anyone else encounter this? And if so, are there any basic solutions that I could try out?

#2 06/20/08 16:06

EdT
Website

Re: Trouble with the AE

Assuming, you're on a PC, take a look at your GameDataFolder inside the edition folder. Do you see such things as level0_Final, level1_Final folders and the level0_Final.dat, level0_Final.raw?

Also, look in the edition\install folder, are there are files that end with .log such as step0004.log?  If so, can you look through them and see if there are any error messages?

#3 06/20/08 17:06

Gumby

"A few false starts"

What do you mean by that?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 06/20/08 17:06

Kirbachev

EdT: Holy Crap on a stick, I just checked that folder, there's literally hundreds of files in here, and none of them carry those names.

Gumby: I was putting Onisplit in the wrong place, was screwing things up.

#5 06/20/08 17:06

Gumby

You shouldn't have to put onisplit anywhere. You did something wrong. I would advise you to reinstall >_<

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#6 06/20/08 19:06

Kirbachev

Wait, what? I was getting an error message regarding onisplit, and I figured I was supposed to put it somewhere for the installation to call it properly.
For the love of God, don't tell me I have to retorrent the Oni cd image (seeing as it's almost impossible to get the original now)...

#7 06/20/08 19:06

EdT
Website

Kirbachev: your original GameDataFolder should be untouched and located in the Oni folder. The AE version is the one in the edition folder.
Also, yes inside the level0_Final folder are 1,000s of files, but, outside that folder should be the level0_Final.dat, level0_Final.raw files.

#8 06/20/08 20:06

Kirbachev

EdT: Just checked it, it all looks fine hmm  Everything is where it should be apparently.

Board footer