Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/30/08 23:05

725aegis

The ULTIMATE mod

hello...i just recently stumbled upon this forum and oni wiki and it's really cool to see people dedicated to this great game (even though it never got that popular sad......) i think oni's core gameplay is fantastic but should have features that employs its potential amazing replay value. i personally think oni already has great replay value just with shapeshifter....but it can be so much better (i guess that's what most of the people here are trying to accomplish). i tried AE and look through many other mods (ota etc) some ideas were great but i thought some were superfluous. i'm sure even for the pros here they don't have excellent tools to make exactly what they want. i'm no programmer but i can sure learn big_smile hopefully with the help of some here.
but this is my ultimate goal/(hopefully future mod):

(stuff i could probably find mods already made)
let shapeshifter be able to scroll through all models (without having to use all of AE, if anyone here knows something like that i can probably spend tons of time just beating barabas lvl6 with mukade over and over and over lol...i saw this semi addressed in an earlier post i assume...geyser.. and the others who made AE [i don't know them i just saw geyser as the one who responded to that post] just put that feature in AE if any of you can make that a stand alone that would be amazing)
unlock konoko's moves in all stages
change existing models a little ( NOT NEW MODELS just small stuff like change their color or something) to make few more enemy/ally classes (like body guard swats etc)
(hopes)
be able to set the hp of all npcs (in %   for example be able to set all or just enemy or just allys by 200%)
make a similar something similar to ota but you can choose the units on both sides, weapons, individual unit hp, individual ai difficulty, player side, map, spawn units at set intervals, respawn
(dreams)
be able to summon npcs in game at will big_smile including into the arena (friendly or hostile)
fluid tools for oni ( i would never be able to but maybe the pros here can someday) like a mission maker or a movie maker
character editor (be able to swap individual moves at will)

i'm sorry if i put this in the wrong section ( on lunch break) i hopefully will be more involved with this in the future
thank you for your time, opinions, forgiveness (if this is in the wrong sec), and maybe help in the future

#2 05/31/08 00:05

Your_Mom
Website

Re: The ULTIMATE mod

You notice that you can do most of those with 7AE. Shapeshifter, all moves unlocked, changing existing models, all can be done with the plugins or with 7AE.
You can use developer mode to do some of the other things, mots notably spawning NPCs at will. Adding them to the arena is a different story...though it could probably be done. (but its not too hard to actually grab that BSL file and change stuff yourself. It can be opened with notepad...)
And for the rest of them, I highly doubt it will ever be implemented (such is on-the-fly move-changing or fluid tools). Though I may be wrong, as I saw some screenshots of an in-game binary file editor or something on the wiki...

droid803sig.jpg

#3 05/31/08 10:05

725aegis

i tried 7AE there were just TOO MUCH changes.....like the dash only and any flying enemy knock down others  <----- FOR THE LOVE ALL THAT IS ANYTHING PLZ TAKE THAT OUT +_+.....if you know there is a stand alone plugin for all model shapeshifter and unlock all moves plz direct me to it....... tried konoko payne and i thought the developer section was really cool it was just along the lines of what i was thinking of except you can only have 1v1 npcs and you have too many options

#4 05/31/08 11:05

EdT
Website

725aegis:  To install AE without the dash hacks, knockdown, etc.  Look at the file big_zeal.bat located at edition\install.  Find the line CALL step0004.bat and delete it.  step0004.bat is the script that makes all those changes.

Now run big_zeal.bat. So now, you will be able to pick and choose which mods you want to add in the future.

#5 05/31/08 14:05

Gumby

shapeshifter - just get AE, ok?
1 vs 1 - check, it isn't that hard, if you wanted I could make a script to let you fight him over and over again
moves - AE again.
Model colors etc - check - http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=384
hp - ahh. If you wanted to a bit of work. Nothing that automatic is possible as of yet. Using plugins makes any modding easier though.
ota - with a combination of plugins(.oni files) and a few slight changes to OTA it is possible. If you have any suggestions for OTA, please tell me. I would be happy to have an excuse to get off my lazy butt and upgrade OTA. I wanted to make an upgrade before but there wasn't much ideas.
npcs - ehh. sorta possible. The only problem is that the only method of getting them to you isn't feasable. (lots of hours coding for a thing that might not work everywhere.)
fluid tools - learn to script is all I can say there. movie makers aren't feasable (IMO) but mission editing is (somewhat) simple, if time consuming.
character editor - check! the newest version of Onisplit can export the move files for any characters into an easy to read XML file.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer