Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/19/08 13:04

EdT
Website

Konoko meet Masterchief Alpha 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3zCJNVk1Rc

I used the Masterchief model, modified by owldreamer and imported it into Oni.  Its still rough, there are no UV maps for textures, the model still needs fixing, but its a start.

EDIT: geyser produced a 3 pack model of the Masterchief, you can get it here: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/spartan/mc_three.zip

For info on how to import models into Oni, see this page:
http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Importing_character_models

Finally, for those who are hesitating, I never worked with any 3D program such as Blender, until last month.  So if I can figure it out, anyone can... smile

Last edited by EdT (04/22/08 16:04)

#2 04/20/08 18:04

Gumby

Re: Konoko meet Masterchief Alpha 1

Hmm. I'll have to try this.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 04/20/08 23:04

Your_Mom
Website

So, when will we get a masterchief ONCC?

droid803sig.jpg

#4 04/20/08 23:04

EdT
Website

Its easy to make your own! 

Just duplicate an ONCCelite file. Rename to whatever you want for example: ONCCmasterchief.oni open it with a hex editor, change the name for the TRBS to the masterchief one.  Make sure its the same length as the one in the file. If you recompile at this point, you'll get  the Masterchief with the elite's texture, but all messed up since the UV mapping is not done.

What I did was also duplicate the TRMA for the eltie, renamed it for the masterchief then made a number of single color TXMP for each body part and changed the links in the TRMA file to masterchief's TXMPs. Finally changed the TRMA link in the ONCC to the new one.

Finally, in the BINACJBOCharacter.oni for a level, you have to change an elite's char to point to the masterchief.  That's what I did to make the video.

Of course, much more work is needed.  The model still needs fixing, the textures need to be UV mapped, perhaps, someone can come up with a new melee profile, but its a start!

Last edited by EdT (04/20/08 23:04)

#5 04/21/08 09:04

Iritscen

Even though I've been following the process of getting this to work since its infancy, it's encouraging to actually see an imported model in motion.  Just goes to show that modders can do anything.  They just have to write their own tools first!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 04/21/08 11:04

owldreamer
Website

Hello EdT

That's right smile

Next weekend I'll send you another version of MC, hopefully I can figure out what's about the neck textures. I'll even try uv maps then.

Best Regards

#7 04/21/08 13:04

EdT
Website

owldreamer: Before you spend too much time on the MC, take a look at what geyser has done:
http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/spartan/mc_ninja.zip  This model has the texture mapping.

Also, the issue with the texture coordinates has been fixed in the latest version of OniSplit.

So perhaps, do you have any other character models, you might want to import to Oni?

Last edited by EdT (04/21/08 13:04)

#8 04/21/08 21:04

EdT
Website

Just a new video with geyser's Masterchief:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_of2zQ0Io

#9 04/22/08 13:04

Loser

EdT, just a few questions:
1) Are you using BrutalKonoko_V2 for AI powered konoko in your videos? If yes, I have to congratulate to myself for crating really BORING, REPETITIVE and FRUSTRATING melee profile ^_^.
2) Which moveset are you planning to give to MasterChief? If I pass my exams, I will have more time, so we can try to make a few new animations (altough we are not as good as Steve ^_-) exclusively for MC. Basically, we will take some old, edit them a bit, then rename and import into ONI. I have already toyed with this last year. It is lots of work, but results are interesting. I am thinking about these MC "trademark moves":

P_P_P_P combo Last punch meant as pseudo-unblockable: MC (from previous punch his right hand is in backhand position with fist close to the "belt") pulls out his particle-powered sword (chance for enemy to run away/counteratack) and fluidly switches it on in large horizontal swing similar to Tanker's 3rd punch from his P_P_P swing. Enemy can block hand, but cannot block sword. In the end of the anim, MC switches sword off as he gives it back to his belt (chance for enemy to attack).

PUNCH_HEAVY Again pseudo-unblockable: MC pulls his sword and performs move similar to Tanker's rifle kick_heavy(stab).

THROW_P_FW MC lifts his victim in an ELITE's front throw way, simultaneously he pulls out his sword. Then he forcefully stabs enemy to the gut. After this, MC lets enemy fall to the ground in pain and he quickly sheates sword.

These are just random thougts...maybe I am overusing sword I know, but it is MC's trademark weapon. BTW this PAR3 sword of him is not meant to be pickable as you can't kick it from his hand. If you hurt MC while he has sword in his hands, sword just turns off and fades from MC's hand(let's be a bit evil ^_^').
                                                                                                   Loser

Last edited by Loser (04/22/08 13:04)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#10 04/22/08 13:04

Iritscen

Sounds cool to me!  Adding new moves to characters that we added ourselves would be another step in our plan for world domination... er, I mean, total Oni-modding domination.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#11 04/22/08 15:04

EdT
Website

Loser:

1) Yes, its your BrutalKonoko_V2 melee profile, but I like it!  I notice some moves are done more often than others, so maybe that can be fixed.

2) I'm not sure which moveset will be used.  In the videos, I used Elite and Tanker.  geyser produced a 3 pack of the Masterchief, see this thread. http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … p?pid=6453.  I think we will need to add a new melee profile to BINACJBOMelee Profile.oni for the MC.

Finally,

If I pass my exams

NOT IF... but WHEN!  Be positive!!! smile

EDIT: Loser I sent you an email through OCF regarding something you will be interested in.

Last edited by EdT (04/23/08 01:04)

#12 05/03/08 03:05

guido
Website

great vid!

What if this is as good as it gets?

#13 05/03/08 15:05

Kemot722

I thing Masterchief looks good between ONI characters.
http://b12.grono.net/42/72/gallery-52151506.jpg

I played as Masterchief 1 with Elite Striker's moves more time than others. I see Masterchief 1 is upgraded version of Elite Striker not only different look - He jumps higher (much higher big_smile ) & runs faster.

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/03/08 19:05)

I'm back again smile

#14 05/21/08 15:05

Raptor

hey im a total noob at Oni modding. what program do you use to recompile the levels?

#15 05/21/08 20:05

EdT
Website

Raptor:  Once you have made changes in the Anniversary Edition, you will need to run the step9999.bat in the Oni\edition\install folder to recompile the levels.

#16 05/21/08 23:05

Raptor

it works thanks man smile wow thats rly awsome.geyser did a very good job on him. this may very well be the dawn of a new era for Oni. The Mark V Armor variant was a good choice for Oni cause it looks a little more bulky than the Mark VI. The Elite striker variant seems to fit him best but the others are fun to play with to.

i cant wait to see what lies in the future

Last edited by Raptor (05/21/08 23:05)

Board footer