Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/27/07 14:09

Loser

HALO 3 is finally out...

So what do YOU think???

unfinished business is clear - begins with "O" and ends with "I". and has "N" in the middle. ^_-

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 09/27/07 14:09

EdT
Website

Re: HALO 3 is finally out...

I don't think so, but I can always hope!!!

Maybe we can start sending them emails about getting back the rights to Oni and fixing it up right!
It can't hurt and maybe, just maybe something could happen.

Edit: Here's a poll at Bungie.net:
What type of game would you like Bunige to be making next?
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12768474

Let's all sign up and vote for A next-gen sequal to Oni!:  (currently at 16%)

Or if you want to mail them:
Bungie Studios
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

Last edited by EdT (09/27/07 17:09)

#3 09/27/07 15:09

Ultimatum479

I'd say "Think Chrono Resurrection," but hopefully Bungie is cooler than Square with customer support. (Not that being cooler than Square in any field is difficult.)

Work in progress...

#4 09/27/07 19:09

Mango

It's unlikely, but I'll have my fingers crossed! And I do think it's time someone wrote them a letter. Maybe we should have a vote on who of us that should be?

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#5 09/27/07 21:09

Sheika23

so far you techies are farther in making a new oni than bungie

THe 0rijin4L SHEIKA-23

#6 09/28/07 14:09

guido
Website

Bungie is an entity that deserves no more attention. And Halo 3 is just "uncheap" merchandise.
Not worth a try.

Heck, this forum is going to fall apart...

What if this is as good as it gets?

#7 09/28/07 22:09

TomeOne
Administrator
Website

Unless Take Two lets go of the Oni IP... no.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#8 09/30/07 10:09

Seventeen Seconds

Bungie certainly has changed.  I remember installing Marathon 1 on 3.5" floppy disks way back in the day. 
Hunting down the next text access teminal to figure out what was going to happen to Durandal, Leela and company was certainly among the highest points I ever had playing a video game.  That among bodies flying everywhere from SPNKR hits in network games with my friends, that was in the days before "LAN party" was a recognized term.  Oh man the good old days.  They were fun.

Creative ambition and business practices have always been difficult to reconcile.  Even if Bungie/Microsoft regained the Oni license, it's not the same dev team, it's not the same creative environment, it's not the same target market.  That said, even after all the griping, I still love the game Oni to death.  It was an anomaly, it was different, it was misunderstood and overlooked.  But it had the courage to take a different approach, and even if Oni was unpolished and never met the hype it once created, there was never a game I found freer, faster, or more interesting, or that still manages to surprise me today.  I'd take Oni over 10 Halos, any day of the week.  The fact there's still a community living on for a game 6 years old, with no mod tools, no official support, no multiplayer, and no real visible prospects whatsoever is a testament to the quality it has beyond the flaws.

Much respect to all those keeping it alive, and even if I don't have much time to post here anymore, it makes me happy to see all the activity that still goes on here. 

Oni will never die.

#9 09/30/07 11:09

Ultimatum479

A hearty amen to every part of that post, SS, except your lack of time. You _must_ post. tongue

Work in progress...

#10 10/09/07 07:10

LastmanSAC

Bungie won't listen to a bunch of people in chatrooms (we don't have enough numbers to make much of a difference) I'm currently trying to forge contacts though i doubt i will be able to get through to bungie anytime within the next 3 years (that bottom rung is still slippery).
We need someone heavy on our side to get some leverage, any suggestions (apart from La Bel, or whoever the hell the original writer was)?
sad

#11 10/10/07 14:10

guido
Website

I've just taken a look around at bungie forums: somone has opened a thread asking Bungie to reforge the Oni franchise. There're still a bunch of posts, but we can actually contribute to increase their number. If every member in this forum goes there, we may add some weight to this request.

Needless to say I do not believe in Bungie ...

Last edited by guido (10/11/07 01:10)

#12 10/10/07 17:10

EdT
Website

guildo: Can you post a link to that thread. Thanks.

#13 10/11/07 01:10

guido
Website

bungie's general forum can be found at
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/topics.aspx?forumID=1

two threads are worth of interest

"What bungie SHOULD do after halo 3"
Posted on 10/8/2007 4:33 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=13507324

"Start on Oni 2!!!"
Posted on 10/8/2007 5:33 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=13508795

#14 10/20/07 07:10

LastmanSAC

I wonder if Bungie will need some new game ideas - since they're going independent (Or so that is what Good Game said).

By the way, the ending "set out" in Oni is kind of unflexible and - let's face it - unoriginal, you know... the whole doomsday thing - kinda hard to sell.
But since the entire story is essentialy from Mai's view of things, there's a lot of stuff out there that lurks in the shadows of mirrors and is waiting...anyhoo, I'm off to read the storyline for ONi 2, so you guys can figure it out for now.
LOLM

#15 10/21/07 00:10

Gumby

Yeah...I saw a artical a little while ago about Bungie being realeased by MS

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#16 02/27/08 01:02

Dustieno

Sorry, first time posting, not even sure if any one even usees this site. Long time gamer of all sorts. The kind of player who looks at Halo  like A jewel incrusted gift from the treasure vaults of Xerxes himself, and I still prefer Oni over any original game, its what got me visously addicted to Anime ( which was unlikly because of how I hated it), Anyways this may be nieve, I know they can never make it with the same, well Soal for lack of a better word
but god dammit The characters were fun, and though the ending was not very good, the story was excellent.
I'm not saying that the sequal has to be Oni 2,
BLAM!

sorry I was starting to ramble
anways We should all give support in these bungie forums!
eventually they will have to take notice that there is a market with a high demand and no supply DAMMIT!

#17 03/11/08 17:03

Striker

I wish they made Oni 2 or something. There is a guy making Oni 2: Konoko Payne. You can search it up. There is a demo.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#18 03/11/08 18:03

geyser
Website

We are well aware of Pierre's Konoko Payne project, thank you smile
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … .php?id=94

Last edited by geyser (03/11/08 18:03)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#19 05/03/08 08:05

s10k
Website

Bungie is making a game like hallo.. I read it in a games website (of my country).

So forget Oni 2.

Board footer