Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/29/08 16:04

EdT
Website

New Weapon Concept

I wanted to see if I could add a new weapon to Oni.
Here's the proof of concept:
newweapon.jpg

I took the rifle that Seventeen Seconds made and combined it with the chaingun weapon.

There is still lots of work that needs to be done, especially getting it to be the right shape, the trigger location, handle, improving the textures, etc.

Though, I lack the 3D skills to make the changes, so.... if anyone wants to work on it, please do so.

EDIT: Here are the files for the new weapon: http://edt.oni2.net/AE/w16crb.zip

I suggest putting the 3 .oni files in the level1_Final folder and recompile that level.  That way if you are working on improving the 3D model or textures, it will be faster to see the results, than waiting several minutes for level0 to recompile.

To see it in game use the command chr_giveweapon 0 w16_crb or while in DevMode cycle through the weapons F7 while in level 1.

Last edited by EdT (04/29/08 18:04)

#2 04/29/08 17:04

s10k
Website

Re: New Weapon Concept

Looks very nice.. Good work!

P.S. Check your Private Messaging of the forum

#3 04/30/08 10:04

Iritscen

Wow, we're on our way to a totally new-looking Oni!  At least, if we can do a little bit of new content for each kind of thing (models, textures, weapons), that's going to make for a very cool Edition.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 04/30/08 10:04

EdT
Website

Iritscen: I doubt that any of my mods will make it into AE.  The Motoko outfit and this new weapon was just a result of "I wonder if I can do this?"

#5 04/30/08 12:04

Iritscen

Yeah, I shouldn't have said it like that, I realize that not every mod we make is going into the Edition.  My thinking lately has been that, regardless of what constitutes the official Edition, we can release our own stuff any time and it can be installed alongside the Edition, sort of like an open-source Edition where everyone has their own implementation.  I was going to type a lot of other stuff here, but it's OT.  I think I'll make a new thread for it.

#6 04/30/08 16:04

Your_Mom
Website

Does it still have the "unlimited ammo" glitch?
This looks like an AR from Halo which isn't bad. In fact, it looks pretty awesome.

droid803sig.jpg

#7 04/30/08 19:04

EdT
Website

Your_Mom: I copied the chaingun file and substituted the rifle mesh.  So it will have the unlimited glitch, why don't you install it and give it a try?

#8 05/01/08 19:05

Your_Mom
Website

Means recompiling level0_final, which is an "urgh". That, and the fact that it will overwrite my particle collection and moveset edits sad
Is there a way to export to *.oni?

droid803sig.jpg

#9 05/02/08 08:05

Iritscen

EdT was saying you could put it in level 1 and recompile just that level.  But what is it you are asking about exporting to .oni?  Your particles and moveset edits?

#10 05/02/08 18:05

Your_Mom
Website

Yea. I don't want to have to do those all over again.

droid803sig.jpg

#11 05/02/08 23:05

EdT
Website

Your_Mom: You can export your current .dat and .raw level 0 file to .oni files by this command:

onisplit -export destination_folder ..\..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat

I'm assuming onisplit is located at Oni\edition\install

Of course back up your files, just in case!

Now if you haven't installed AE, you could modify the big_zeal.bat and delete the line CALL step0004.bat, this script runs the modifications part of the install.  This way all your current modifcations will remain untouched.

Or, you could install AE on a fresh install of Oni and keep your modified files separate, so you will have 2 versions of Oni, the AE and your modified version.  In fact this is what I did at first, since I liked how I modified my version of Oni.  But in time, I was able to incorporate all my mods into AE.

Last edited by EdT (05/02/08 23:05)

#12 05/23/08 19:05

Barneyhater
Website

How can I change what it shoots, like instead of pistol machine gun fire, it could shoot out grenades or something (just have an idea)

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#13 05/23/08 23:05

Gumby

You know...I've been thinking. What is there to stop us from giving Konoko dual pistols?

Animations could either be done by combining ninja and konoko pistol animations, or by mirroring konoko's pistol hand. The model could just be two (invisibly connected) pistols. The control could just use attack and alt attack for each gun. The only problem I see is the bullets themselves. Making them appear to come from seperate guns could be done in a few different ways, depending on how Oni's weapon system works...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer