Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/17/08 13:03

Melodyman

Other Oni versions?

Can somebody make oni version whe would be only two differences from original oni: 1) All characters in all levels 2) TCTF_swat back_punch_throw would do damage(30) becouse i think it is bug in Original Oni(that move doest' t do any damage at all). of course some ai moifications woid be nice... And thats all. Seventh Anniversary Edition version has changed all fighting parameters and i don't like  it one bit! I like how was it in original oni! And if someone can make such a version( i think it will be easier than make Seventh Anniversary Edition) i woud be wery grateful!

#2 03/17/08 13:03

geyser
Website

Re: Other Oni versions?

You can do it yourself by removing all the patches from the Edition except the SWAT throw. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 03/17/08 15:03

Loser

Melodyman, please make a list of things you dislike on fighting system in AE. And I beg for things, not just statements as "I simply don't like it". That won't help.

Thank you in advance.
                                                                                                                    Loser

P.S.: TCTCOMthrow_bk_p_tgt is fixed in AE, it deals 30 damage in 71st frame of the animation.

Last edited by Loser (03/17/08 15:03)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#4 03/17/08 15:03

Melodyman

What files i  have to delete From  Seventh Anniversary Edition to make it like original Oni?
I don t like all fighting sistem! the super attack are interaptible, some moves what take you down in original oni now doesn 't. All thigs that is different from Original. I just like Old version fighting that's all smile

#5 03/17/08 17:03

geyser
Website

Melodyman, it's a pity that you don't like "anything" about Loser's hacks to the TRAM.
However, the Edition offers and will offer the option to install only what the user likes.
It will be handled with a GUI eventually, but for now you have to explore things a bit.
Have a look at [Oni\edition\install\x3deltas] and [Oni\edition\install\x3deltas\inplace].
Most probably you'll want to (re)move all of the .oni files there, except for this one:
[Oni\edition\install\x3deltas\inplace\level0_Final\TRAMTCTCOMthrow_bk_p_tgt.oni]
The missing "deltas" will limit the effect of step0004.bat (which tries to apply them).
With the unwanted deltas gone, just re-run big_deal.bat and enjoy a patch-free Oni.

Loser, you already know some of your hacks cause glitches (like Muro's legbreaker).
What you may not know yet is that there are evil crashes, too (memory corruption).
I haven't located the origin of the crash yet, but removing all the patches "fixes" it.
For example, it consistently crashes shortly after the start of ACC(interior), SP0...

So my suggestion is to start "from scratch", and patch, e.g., only the ONCC/ONWC.
"That's something everyone can enjoy (or not)" and then you can hack the TRAM...
The two things I am personally most concerned about (apart from the crashes) are:
1) Konoko's dashing: she should have another TRAC that allows the player to run.
2) The knockdowns: one should be immune to them when in full initial contact...
(something like a zero-damage attack part, with a dummy animtype, early on)

Note that I will be away from the forums for the next few weeks or months.
My commitment to the Edition (if any) will only be visible on the wiki now...

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 03/17/08 22:03

Melodyman

it is not so easy! i removed all the files in X3deltas folder run big_deal but Oni has no changes! It is still Seventh Anniversary Edition sad

#7 03/18/08 09:03

Iritscen

Re: memory crashes, I think I've only crashed once since testing the Edition on the Mac (I reported it at the time, but was not able to reproduce it, so I shrugged it off).  I never have any problems in ACC Interior.  You might respond that that doesn't help you very much that my Mac isn't crashing, but perhaps there's a difference between the components that are in use on the Mac and what you have on the PC (an interaction between the Daodan DLL and the Loser hacks?).  Dunno.

I agree, it would be nice not to dash all the time, it's not very graceful.  I like to play with a certain style, not always running everywhere at full speed.

Re: Melodyman, doesn't he need to start over from a fresh copy of Oni, or at least delete the GDF folder and rename GDFZero to GDF? (GDF = "GameDataFolder")

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 03/18/08 10:03

geyser
Website

Iritscen: Melodyman is not on a Mac as far as I can tell, and GameDataFolderZero is a Mac-only feature.
On PC, the backup GDF is simply [Oni\GameDataFolder], as opposed to [Oni\edition\GameDataFolder]
On the Mac, that doesn't work, so we set it up as [Oni/GameDataFolder] and [Oni/GameDataFolderZero].

Melodyman: make sure you're not running new_deal instead of big_deal, and it should Just Work (TM)
You may also delete [install\step0004.bat] if you're paranoid about it, or even step0002 and step0003.
If you leave nothing but step0000.bat and step9999.bat you should just get the original Oni. Try it.

Last edited by geyser (03/18/08 13:03)

#9 03/18/08 11:03

Melodyman

yes i am on PC. Thank's geyser  everything works just fine! now i have original oni with all improvements i wanted! yes!

#10 03/18/08 11:03

Iritscen

I totally didn't realize that GDFZero was Mac only.  Do I understand you correctly?  Are you saying that the PC AEdition uses Oni/edition/GDF as the actual source of game data, and the original GDF remains as a backup where it always is, in Oni/?  (Ignore the direction of my slashes, it's force of habit.)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#11 03/18/08 13:03

geyser
Website

Melodyman, feel free to try out other Edition features one at a time: ONCC, ONWC.
Then maybe have a closer look at the changes Loser made to throws, specials, etc.
I'm sure you can help Loser develop a less controversial set of patched animations.

Iritscen: that's correct. On Windows we are free to launch Oni from anywhere we want.
So we intuitively create an [edition\GDF] and launch Oni so that it uses that new GDF.
OS X "remembers" the absolute location of GDF system-wide. Hence the workaround.

Last edited by geyser (03/18/08 13:03)

Board footer