Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/31/07 11:12

Tantir

Re: Who's your favorite character?

Really? but in cutscene only one of them fly, and crushing sound is play one time.

#27 12/31/07 11:12

Ultimatum479

...Yeah, that wasn't too hard to get (in comparison to his thread).

Work in progress...

#28 12/31/07 11:12

TOCS

I have seen one striker at Level 13 too, but he sounded like a TCTF Agent, and his moves was like. I dunno why his model was a striker.

Last edited by TOCS (02/10/10 14:02)

#29 01/01/08 05:01

LastmanSAC

excellent...

#30 01/01/08 11:01

geyser
Website

"I have seen one striker at Level 13 too, but he sounded like a TCTF Agent, and his moves was like. I dunno why his model was a striker" Details + screenshot/video. smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#31 01/29/08 09:01

Mukade's_Finest

The TCTF officer with a Brooklyn accent at the Science Prison. Plus the Deadly Brain, because apparently brains can growl in Oni

"WHEA'S GRIFFIN'S PET DAHCTA TUDAY???"

But my LEAST favorite character? That bitch with the nasaly voice who pushed the alarm at Musashi.

Oh yeah, and the two guys at the end of the Science prison. "Shouldn't we check it out?" "And how do you suggest we do that?"
They need their own spinoff game where they fight crime through their own ponderous incompetence.

Last edited by Mukade's_Finest (01/29/08 11:01)

#32 01/30/08 05:01

LastmanSAC

i just replayed and pwned ONi again so i will have a pic of that striker... soon-ish.

#33 01/30/08 09:01

Iritscen

Mukade's_Finest wrote:

"WHEA'S GRIFFIN'S PET DAHCTA TUDAY???"

LOL, but the Brooklyn accent is quite popular in Oni for some reason.  Bungie's always had the ability to put out some funny voice acting.  Or perhaps this was the first and only work given to an actual Brooklyn VA studio.  Somehow things never worked out too well for them.  Sad.

But my LEAST favorite character? That bitch with the nasaly voice who pushed the alarm at Musashi.

Yes!  She's the only civvie that I routinely beat the crap out of and enjoy it.  What?  What?  Hey, come on, they wouldn't leave her standing around like that if they didn't want you to beat her up!  Right?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#34 01/30/08 12:01

Mukade's_Finest

I beat up all the civvies who are voiced by the same guy as muro. I hear them and I'm like, WTF Muro has infiltrated TCTF KILL KILL KILL!!!

#35 01/30/08 13:01

Iritscen

@ "voiced by the same guy as Muro"

Wow, I didn't even pick up on that.

#36 01/30/08 14:01

geyser
Website

The TCTF guys are voiced by Kurt Naebig (Muro), Pete Stacker (Griffin) and Kevin Gudahl (Mukade), and maybe a few others here and there.
Pete and Kurt are quite recognizable overall. As for Kevin, he voiced the SWATs: I'm not sure his raw, unprocessed voice is ever heard in Oni.

Incoming from the Anniversary Edition Preview thread:

Iritscen wrote:

By the way, as a total aside, who here actually likes the English voice acting for Shinatama?

I've said it before. She annoys me, but she's even more annoying in the localized versions, so...
She's pretty much redeemed by a few killer quotes, though (e.g., the comment on Karen's death)
The way she weeps and then says "Maybe we should just move on..." - that one is just priceless.

Shinatama sounds like a robot in the German version, which is interesting, but not too fitting IMO.

I'm pretty much down with the voice acting in Beyond Good & Evil. Jade (Jodi(e) Forrest) is great.

Last edited by geyser (01/30/08 14:01)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#37 01/30/08 14:01

Iritscen

Okay, I guess I can't magically move it back to that thread by just saying so.  Darn.

I don't think Karen dies, I think she's just KOed.  And no, I can't tell the difference any more than anyone else, it's just hard to believe she got killed during training.  I do agree that Shinny's quote about how that wasn't supposed to happen is funny, but what other good lines does she have?  The one where Barabas grabs her makes me cringe.

"N-no, h-help m-me!"  What is she, Porky Pig?  Spit it out, girl!

(Also, whenever you see Barabas grabbing her, imagine him saying, "Yoink!"  it makes the scene much better.)

Last edited by Iritscen (01/30/08 14:01)

#38 01/31/08 11:01

Mukade's_Finest

Yeah, in the sencond round through TCTF, Muro is blatanly the civillian saying "Griffin treated you like a daughter!" My deal is, that not 2 minutes later, he's there again, same model same voice saying "AFter all Griffin has doen for you!" It's like Muro was there trying to mess with her head smile

#39 02/03/08 18:02

TropiKo
Website

at lvl 9 i think, the big ventilation fan and 2 tctf troopers set on hunt for konoko... lol what hours? i invited friend from school home and saw most of my (idiot) posts and guessed them all tongue lol im just adding text to make fun of meself arrr (oh this is from spongebob D:)
and then i was telling you how it would be if we modify that script when sweats go boom in der fan... 100 of them (wrote with 1oo big_smile)

I'm the real Pacific brain, even if the picture is with a different jellyfish from a different ocean...
-Why bother?
-Beeecause:
-(chorus) WE DON'T NEED NO, EDUCATION! lololol

#40 02/21/08 09:02

Iritscen

My new favorite character is the old scientist who's hiding behind a console.

Konoko: Now what are you doing hiding back here?
Scientist: Trying to hide.

I love that guy.

#41 02/21/08 11:02

DJ SEI-RYU
Website

LastmanSAC wrote:

That striker who get's left behind in Phoenix Rising.
Konoko- trapped in a world of darkness.
Mukade- the one guy who i think knows most of what's going on.

I know we're talking mostly about Oni on PC, but in my case, in the PS2 version, there is a random striker in the TCTF Regional Building (redux) O_o

#42 02/21/08 11:02

DJ SEI-RYU
Website

Yes!  She's the only civvie that I routinely beat the crap out of and enjoy it.  What?  What?  Hey, come on, they wouldn't leave her standing around like that if they didn't want you to beat her up!  Right?

In the PC version, I just type reservoirdogs and enjoy watching the fellow TCTF cops beat the hell out of the woman.

#43 02/21/08 12:02

geyser
Website

I know we're talking mostly about Oni on PC, but in my case, in the PS2 version, there is a random striker in the TCTF Regional Building (redux)

Aha. So I assume you can shapeshift to the Striker, too? What about other characters? can you shapeshift to them? to any character in any level?
Actually, Strikers emerged in Chapter 13 in the PC version too, as soon as we "globalized" the character classes. We've revealed the bug, sorta.
If the bug is always present on PS2, it means the Striker class is not missing from the level, so Karen is not picked as a substitute. Brilliant.

#44 02/21/08 17:02

Raptor

I usally play as SWAT troopers. theyve got powerful attacks and look cool. the regular SWAT's helmet kinda looks like a spartan helmet so thats probably where bungie got it for halo. the black ops SWAT guy in the begning of the science prison level kinda sounds like he has a cold.

storywise i like Konoko for her total kickassness. shes strong and beautiful physically, mentally, and emotionally. you cant help but respect her for all shes been through.

and yes the tankers are hilaroius. even when close to death thier somhow able to muster up an OH YEAH before he takes a lion fist to the face
i luv the one on the regional hq level thats attacking an officer in one room with his back turned to you. he thinks he so badass until u break his back

the repairmen are classic, IM JUST HEAR TO REPLACE THE EQUPMENT NO NEED FOR VIOLENCE,and DONT MAKE ME HURT YOU with thier new yorker accent lol

Last edited by Raptor (02/21/08 17:02)

#45 02/24/08 17:02

eDea

I like this scientist from Deadly Brain Level...
_It'll kill us all! Run when you still can!!!
_Why did you build it in the first place?!
_Well... You know... cool

Raptor wrote:

the repairmen are classic, IM JUST HEAR TO REPLACE THE EQUPMENT NO NEED FOR VIOLENCE...

Yes! I love this line big_smile

Last edited by eDea (02/24/08 17:02)

There is always someone stronger. Have you forgotten?

#46 03/13/08 17:03

Striker

My favourite character is:

Female striker - she looks hot and has awesome moves.

Last edited by Striker (03/13/08 17:03)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#47 03/14/08 00:03

coool

Muro,Konoko,and TCTF...I don't know what's their name...

Board footer