Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 02/29/08 11:02

geyser
Website

Re: ONI Adventures 1 (video)

Can you provide the BMP you used? Also please point out the OUP version you were using and the names of the textures you replaced.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#27 02/29/08 11:02

SektorZ
Website

Er... provide a green 256-color bmp with nothing else but green color?
I used the version I found on the wiki, the textures - the mountain and the dusty snow ones.

#28 02/29/08 16:02

geyser
Website

Names of the textures please. And as for the BMP, the relevant one is the one that gave you the crash...
Was it 100% green, 24-bit BMP? Textures: "MC_MOUNT_LITE1.TXMP" and "MC_SNOW_DIRT256.TXMP"?

Note that the latest version of OUP makes Oni crash right away if you don't close the .dat file access first.
Maybe that's what happened to you after you imported the 24-bit texture? Didn't close OUP, Oni crashed?

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#29 02/29/08 17:02

SektorZ
Website

I don't close it when I test Oni... I save and open the game. Yes those are the textures. The greenscreen works just nice:

#30 02/29/08 22:02

Iritscen

Yeah, I'm sure you can make that work for you in your video software.  Glad to see you got it working.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#31 03/01/08 05:03

geyser
Website

The legs of the Fury seem a bit blurred. Is that intended, or is that precisely because the green screen is not homogeneous?

#32 03/01/08 07:03

SektorZ
Website

It's intended for a more realistic look. You should see the video...

#33 03/11/08 18:03

geyser
Website

"Leave comments, ideas, whatever." Why doncha make an Oni-based video based on this soundtrack: http://www.contemporaryinsanity.org/aud … signer.mp3
I think this one has enough references to Oni (apart from Griffin's voice): "military look", "extra set of keys", "sunglasses". It could be really fun.
Here are the "lyrics": http://budlight.whipnet.com/lyrics/cargopants.html

Last edited by geyser (03/11/08 18:03)

#34 03/12/08 18:03

SektorZ
Website

Phahah another nice Budlight commerse : 3
Yeah It would be cool and will not need any special editing, just camera, which means you can do it too if you want wink
I can also, relating miliary look to .. erm.. snipers? Extra set of keys - showing konoko with "I dont see a buzzer, looks like I'll have to knock", sunglasses - Konoko again. Nice nice idea!

#35 03/12/08 19:03

geyser
Website

"which means you can do it too if you want" I have more than enough Oni stuff on my hands right now big_smile

"relating military look to .. erm.. snipers?" why, to pretty much anyone in Oni. The whole damn Syndicate.

"bothersome marching, drilling and shooting (fashion victory)" That one is quite inspiring, too (mini-script).

"Extra set of keys" Yes. You can powerup_spawn lsi on some extra flag or spawn multiple "ParkStriker"s...

As for the protagonists, Griffin is of course Griffin. For Bickler (the singer) I'd pick Muro.
And the "man of genius" would be Kerr. You can show him designing the pants in his lab.

Board footer