Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/13/08 18:02

geyser
Website

New content, anyone?

Well I don't know about you guys, but I've been foraging for new content here.
We already have a few guns and two Iron Demons, but that's where it stops...
So I thought I'd have a look at the free 2D art and low-poly models out there.

There are a bunch of more or less talented guys over at ShareCG.com:
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/petr005
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/Alex3D
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/irishlostboy
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/duskbitz
The latter two have textures and a few decent low-poly models.
Then there are guns, environment parts, and futuristic buildings.
I'm thinking more specifically of the latter for city backgrounds.
Even if you can't go there, they'd make Oni's levels look better.
Generally speaking, though, the buildings need to be textured.

As far as semi-new characters are concerned, we have a hands-down winner:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/18378/3d-model … ision_id=5
He hasn't got any UVs, and the OBJ is rather messy overall, but he still rocks.
The poly count is very Oni-friendly and he can be split into bones very easily.
I'd either have him as an Easter Egg character or as an actual protagonist...
At any rate, he'll do an awesome skin to F8 to, and a nice modding warm-up.

So, consider it official: the first to texture and bone-split that baby gets a cookie.
And if no one does, we can just as well forget about new 3D content altogether.
Because if we can't do this one char, why should we be able to do another? smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#2 02/16/08 21:02

geyser
Website

Re: New content, anyone?

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 02/17/08 00:02

Raptor

kick ass MASTA CHIEF

#4 02/17/08 04:02

s10k
Website

You are really doing a great work. Nice.

#5 02/17/08 09:02

geyser
Website

That's not my work... I'm just looking up more or less free low-poly models that could be more or less easily imported into Oni. I encourage you to do the same.
And don't forget this: "the first to texture and bone-split that baby gets a cookie. And if no one does, we can just as well forget about new 3D content altogether."
I'm serious: this is a test for the whole community. If no one can grab that Master Chief and adapt it as an Oni character, just what modding can there ever be?

#6 02/18/08 19:02

Seventeen Seconds

I'd be interested in modding Halo's weapons suite into Oni if we could apply as a functional mod to multiplayer gameplay (grenades!), same as with Marathon or 007 Goldeneye (games with good MP in my eyes), but I don't see the point of putting Master Chief in the game.  I mean, Oni's already a more interesting game as it is.

In terms of new content, instead of just putting it in because it's new, give 7th edition's very limited range of artists tasks that are going to be linked to gameplay or some kind of 7th edition story.  IE. new levels, adding furniture and color to existing levels, whatever.

2 ideas that were floated a long, long time ago were to give Muro or Mukade their own prequels, Muro in line with his violent rise to the top of the Syndicate leadership, Mukade in keeping with his job as a ninja and data thief (stealth and objectives).

That is if it's possible, but in terms of new content, can't we can aim a little higher than aping Halo?

#7 02/18/08 22:02

EdT
Website

geyser: Are we now able to create/import new characters using OniSplit?

I am a complete dummy when it comes to 3D modeling, so I may not be able to help in this area, just yet...

That is if it's possible, but in terms of new content, can't we can aim a little higher than aping Halo?

Seventeen Seconds: as geyser stated, it is a test of the community's ability to adapt MC to an Oni character.  Once we are able to do that, then we can go for more difficult things.. like the Iron Demon! 

But it looks like for now, you are one of the few that is experienced with 3D, so if you can adapt MC for us, that will be greatly appreciated :-)

#8 02/18/08 23:02

Seventeen Seconds

I think the 3d model is already made, it's more a question of texturing (which is a pain but whatever).  Splitting it into 17 pieces wouldn't be difficult either.

3d modeling Oni-style characters is not hard, because you don't have to worry about deformation and envelopes and that other stuff that comes with using a more modern one-piece mesh.  I could bang out an Oni-ready MC in a few days (when I'll have the time) but I just don't see it adding much functionality or interest to the game.  Putting a unique Oni-style mech into the game would be more up my alley, but we're limited by the available animations.  Honestly what I'd like to do the most is animate new throws and add depth to the combat system, but well... sigh.

I'm not saying I'm refusing to do it, but I just want to point out: if you want to motivate people, you have to aim big.

#9 02/19/08 00:02

EdT
Website

Honestly what I'd like to do the most is animate new throws and add depth to the combat system, but well... sigh.

I think we should use our strengths and ability in the best way to improve Oni.  So you should spend your time in the way you want. Having new throws will be great and will add to the game. 

So don't worry about my request, I'm sure someone else will want to give it a try with MC.

#10 02/19/08 00:02

ItemfinderDeluxe

Just quickly, if you were to place the MC model into Oni, would it need to replace one of the existing models (ie. male Civilian, or Striker), and thus adopt that characters' MELE and TRAM profiles?

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#11 02/19/08 01:02

Seventeen Seconds

The real problem is incorporating the art side with the game side.  We've had a number of quite talented 3d artists drop by (Owldreamer, techsmith) but without a way to incorporate what they can do into the game (or an edition or mod) interest tends to dry up.  Now, all the 3d art guys have their own package, be it XSI, Maya, FBX, whatever.  This doesn't work out so bad for things like polygon meshes because they're so simple -- it's just points in X-Y-Z space plus UV coordinates for textures.  Even then there's been minor glitches (ID textures, normals, specularity).  Animation isn't that complicated -- it's just rotation values over time that are applied to each bone of Oni's 17-bone skeleton.  Unfortunately, each 3d program handles this in a different way which makes it a major headache to translate across platforms -- especially into 3dsMAX, which is what Bungie West used to create everything.  Kaydara's FBX is capable of this translation in theory but nobody's ever made the jump to 'lead animator', and without a guarantee we can put new anims in the game I'd hope nobody would be masochistic enough to volunteer for that nightmare position for nothing.

We can eliminate the translation problem if we don't need an animation team -- and I'd be willing to do it all myself -- but I need a way to put XSI data into Oni.  We haven't been capable of putting in new TRAM files through OniSplit or other means before, though Pierre managed to hack them out.  After that there's the trouble of interpolation, blending sequences, etc., in Oni's engine.  Animation is more interesting than modeling and it was always my ultimate goal, however retrofitting TRAM information into Oni to the point where it's playable is beyond me.  Oni is a game that lives on movement -- this would be the best thing we could add (excluding MP!), because the strongest point of Oni was always its near-limitless combat system.

The first step is to establish a pipeline to move art and animation assets into the game.  Until that's a possibility, new animations are a bit of a moot point.  This is really where the source code would have come in handy, unfortunately sad

#12 02/19/08 08:02

owldreamer
Website

Hi!

geyser wrote:

the first to texture and bone-split that baby gets a cookie.

Now - texturing is not that hard, perhaps I could provide everybody with an unwrapped uv-mesh and we could start a contest smile
What do you mean by "bone-split"? Animation systems are not easy at all smile especially character animation systems. If I should give it a try I need explicit structures (bone architecture, names, restrictions...)

btw:
Hi Seventeen Seconds - quite some time smile
You're right about the pipeline. I could provide new 3D content (not much but a little) but I need detailled stucture information as well here starting with the 3D format...

best regards

#13 02/19/08 09:02

EdT
Website

Now - texturing is not that hard, perhaps I could provide everybody with an unwrapped uv-mesh and we could start a contest

That would be very helpful, I looked at the MC model and it had the URL in front of it.
I'm a complete dummy when it comes to 3D, so I could not even remove it. sad

But with texturing, I might be able to do something in that area...

#14 02/19/08 14:02

owldreamer
Website

Yep - I already removed the polygonal url.
Now I first have to check how the model is constructed and which uwv unwrapping could be best...

#15 02/19/08 17:02

Seventeen Seconds

What geyser meant by 'bone-split' is to break the polygon mesh into 17 pieces that will correspond to the standard Oni skeleton.  Since you'll need a separate UV map for each piece, I think you'd be looking at cylindrical.  The shoulders will also need to be built up in order to account for gaps between the upper arm and torso during animation.  And how you doing too pal cool

#16 02/19/08 21:02

geyser
Website

Howdy all o'y'all. Sorry about the post length.

Once and for all: the standard Oni skeleton has 19 bones, not 17. Pelvis, thighs, calves, feet, midsection, chest, neck, head, shoulders, arms, wrists, fists. 19.
I'd attach an example OBJ with the skeleton, so you can see what goes where, but the attachment feature here is broken. So I'll upload that tomorrow then.

"The shoulders will also need to be built up in order to account for gaps between the upper arm and torso during animation." Correct. Any old capsule will do.
In Oni, the shoulder meshes are typically capsules (hemisphere-capped cylinders) often not even connected to the shoulderplate (if any). We'll do the same.

There is no import pipeline for characters right now. Single meshes (e.g., guns, cars, projectiles) are done, but skeletons and animations need a good format.
While OBJ is good enough for importing body sets (the skeleton can be hacked into and out of the mesh data), animations require something more complete.
FBX has been considered as an option, but the sights are now set on Collada. It's an MIT-licensed format supposed to become an authoritative 3D standard.

However, with only one proof-of-concept character such as Master Who up there, I'm willing to import "by hand" if need be, from separate OBJ meshes.
Anyway, the main purpose of this thread was to see just how responsive we were (and just who would respond). How soon can we get a char Oni-ready?
As for the animations, he'd probably inherit one of Oni's animation collections or maybe some improbable blend. Not a new one before long (see below).

I've looked at Oni's animation format a lot and I'd have volunteered to "lead animator" long ago if character animation software wasn't so damn expensive :)
I'd say converting rotations around is only a headache because of the lack of public SDKs for the 3D platforms, not the platform-specific conventions as such.
While we don't technically have Oni's source, most of Totoro has been REd and rewritten (in C#). 17secs, I'll PM you a linkie (that one is private for a reason).

However, even if the knowledge empowers you to design new animations, that would leave a lot of issues only paid developers would ever want to tackle... :)
Just like there's more to a level than the 3D geometry (which itself is much more than a bunch of quads), there's more to an anim than a bunch of rotations.
Even if you reimplement the animation lookup and interpolation system (types, states, variants), I'm scared at the idea of setting up collision prediction etc.
Frankly, I'd go ahead and animate the Iron Demon if I were you. Less challenging, maybe, but much more rewarding for all of us in the short term, I think.
The way I see it, a bulky robot such as the ID is very convenient to animate because it hardly needs any IK at all. And its animation scheme is very simple.
If there's an animated character suitable for testing the animation pipeline on, it's the ID. You'll know all you'll ever need by the time you're done with him.

"you don't have to worry about deformation and envelopes and that other stuff that comes with using a more modern one-piece mesh" Indeed.
I must say most one-piece meshes out there with a framerate-friendly polycount look ugh-lee when animated. Much uglier than Oni's solution.

@ IfD: "Just quickly, if you were to place the MC model into Oni, would it need to replace one of the existing models" No, it would be an extra character.
However, since CMBT, MELE skills and TRAC are not specific to an ONCC, he'd probably use a combination of existing TRAC and MELE for a start, yes...

"Putting a unique Oni-style mech into the game would be more up my alley, but we're limited by the available animations."
Yes it would and no we're not. No one is keeping you from providing your own Demon with walking/turning/shooting anims.
Once you have them in XSI, we'll be all the more motivated to import them as they'll form one completely consistent whole.
A new, robotic character with its own mini-set of anims will look a lot less off than additions to human melee at this stage...

"Honestly what I'd like to do the most is animate new throws and add depth to the combat system" Care to develop on that?

"I don't see the point of putting Master Chief in the game." Proof-of-concept, easter egg and, erm, fan service. And MP skin ;)
Initially I picked him because he was quite Oni-styled (SWAT meets Mukade) and Oni-friendly (just the Oni kind of poly count).
Then there's the obvious Easter egg nod to Bungie (meeting "Master who? Master Shief" in a secret room, why the blam not?).
As it happens, I also had a half-thought about introducing Halo's ONI as the WCG's never-seen army, but that'd be pushing it.
(after all, Oni's phase technology comes from a parallel world; and who can harvest Screaming Cells better than a Spartan?)
:):):):):):):)

"give 7th edition's very limited range of artists tasks that are going to be linked to gameplay or some kind of 7th edition story."
First, who am I to issue tasks around here? Second, some of them have already taken up challenges (like texture upsampling).
And finally, I regularly remind people that content is nothing without elaborate level logic (which is a scripts/content interplay).
Unfortunately, there are relatively few guys out there who have shown themselves capable of game-quality mission design...
The others still have a lot to learn about BSL and level-specific OBJC before mission-making becomes a "task" I'd give them.
Single-player mission design is perhaps the most technical part of modding. It basically takes a coder to write good scripts.

"That is if it's possible, but in terms of new content, can't we can aim a little higher than aping Halo?"
Not having played Halo, I couldn't ape it for the life of me. Like I said, it's proof-of-concept+fan-service.
I'll start "issuing directions" (not directions to people, just promising directions of development) Soon(TM).
It will be wiki-based for the most part. I'm waiting for the namespace to be set up, and then we'll be set.

"give Muro or Mukade their own prequels, Muro in line with his violent rise to the top of the Syndicate leadership, Mukade in keeping with his job as a ninja and data thief (stealth and objectives)."
I know ambitious when I see ambitious, and those are very ambitious indeed. Until there's anything close to a level-importing pipeline, I wouldn't even think of prequels. Single chapters, maybe.

One appealing and readily feasible prequel is that of Barabas: a massive beat-em-up where you play as an Elite.
As for assassins (I don't like the overstatement about Mukade's "job"), stealth situations would have to be set up.
And this goes back to mission design: who'll lay out the flags, patrol paths, who'll test and retest the whole thing?
However, I would have a few chapters where you play as Kojiro (or even Mukade himself), tied with Oni's plot...
Basically revisiting chapters of Oni from the Ninja point of view, or writing a few additional/alternative ones.

As for Muro, his rise to power is a modder's nightmare, but I certainly wish to give him much, much more depth.
Namely, I mean to give more presence to BGI (an entity that's not under Muro's control and resents him a lot).
The Iron Demon serves a purpose here in that it's not just a mecha, but perhaps a reincarnation of Muro... ;)

#17 02/19/08 23:02

EdT
Website

Just curious, any thoughts on this 3D program:
http://www.artofillusion.org/

#18 02/20/08 17:02

owldreamer
Website

Well - a skeleton as used in oni would be helpful cause then I coud make suitable bone-splits. It`s not that hard in C4D to do so...
Should the mesh consists of 19 individual parts or should all 19 parts be combined in one mesh? At the cutting edges - are there deformations so I should provide overlapping possibility?

@EdT
Forget such software, sure it's free but very limited (very!) compared to a reasonable product. There are others like Blender or so. In fact Terragen is very powerful (and still free!) but only meant for landscapes.
DaZ3D offers a cheap 3D solution, so does Truespace. At the end of the line you need a comercial software package in the 3D world. I assume that most pics that are shown in the gallery of the software you mentioned are imported and just modified, modeled in other programs...

#19 02/20/08 18:02

geyser
Website

I couldn't upload the example onto oni2.net today, and the attachment feature is still broken.
Grab mukade.zip from the Russian forums: http://onimia.ru/forum/attachment.php?item=103
If you look at it in wireframe, you'll see my custom skeleton triangles inside Mukade's mesh.
Little isosceles triangles define the rotation of the bone coordinates with respect to the world.
Bigger triangles link parents to children. Yes, in Oni, the shoulders are attached to the neck.
As you can see, the translations are rather obvious, except for the two shoulder-neck joints.
The rotations of the bones are not so trivial. I could post a Mukade with all rotations set to 0.

For manual import, it's better if you export the 19 bone meshes separately, self-centered
(and rotated back from their orientation in the full mesh to their own frame of reference)
For pipelined import, a full char will do, but they'd still have to be 19 parts, not combined.

Deformations are indeed a key issue here. Think of a joint as a fist-sized sphere that belongs to both bones.
When e.g. the arm folds, the arm and forearm will overlap at the elbow pit. That's OK; not something to fix.
However, they will also be a gap on the outside of the elbow, and that's where you have to fix the meshes.

This means you should not just split polygons into, say, "arm" polygons and "forearm" polygons.
First, you can duplicate some polygons so both bone meshes have them (possibly not so pretty).
Second, you can cap both the arm and forearm with a sorta half-sphere that'll work as an elbow.
It's simpler when the character has elbow pads and such, which belong to one of the two bones.

Last edited by geyser (02/20/08 18:02)

#20 02/20/08 18:02

Seventeen Seconds

@ Owldreamer:  They need to be individual parts.  Each individual part is assigned to one of the 17 (:P)bones.  Points are not weighted between two bones, there are no envelopes, each piece of the mesh simply move through space directly as the bone does.  You don't even need to put the parts on the rig.  You just need to separate the mesh into 17 (:P) pieces and then fill in the holes that will be created by pulling apart the mesh.  Don't worry about the parent-child animation hierarchy, but I'd strongly suggest extracting an actual Oni character for reference.

untitled3.jpg

@ EdT:  It's free, just try it and see if you like it.  Free modeling programs can be easily up to a standard as good as professional packages.  There's people who use Wings 3d to model and go back to Maya, Max, or XSI to do animation.  Blender is excellent as well.  As Owldreamer said though, if you want to go beyond modeling eventually you're looking at a professional package.

@ Everyone else:  Regarding MC, maybe I have a compromise.  Why don't we re-texture him into a TCTF assaulter?  We still have your fan service, and we also have a new character a little more agile than a TCTF SWAT.  These guys will be the TCTF's answer to the syndicate ninjas, as well as Konoko's worst nightmare.  Honestly, I think putting MC into the game as MC would be a bit lame, but I've got no problem with the above.  If you really want to color him green you can do so yourself.  And I'm agreed with you on that one-piece meshes still look ugly for the most part.

@ Geyser:  I'd be happy to animate the ID into the game.  I'll holler at Owldreamer to see who's going to take responsibility to jury-rig MC for the 7th edition.  I'd also ask if you can export Oni data to a skeleton in Collada so we have a common standard to work with.  The other stuff we can discuss too, but cut & paste it into separate threads, this one is becoming unmanageable.

Last edited by Seventeen Seconds (02/20/08 19:02)

#21 02/20/08 20:02

geyser
Website

@ 17 secs: Yes, I guess once every character gains momentum it's best split off into a thread or wikipage of its very own.
I guess the fact that you've overlooked my point about MC just goes to show how unmanageable this thread has become.
That's always the problem with my posts: trying not to leave anything out, and what do people do? they ignore half of it smile

So, some final spam on that guy from Halo... (so he is green... OK, I'm glad I figured that one out, at least)

1)
The role of TCTF ninjas, for me, was devoted to Konoko and Casey, who plotwise would be her friend, tutor, and then sidekick.
(what happens to him when Konoko goes rogue and wipes out fellow TCTF troops in Chapters 9, 12, and 13 is "another story")
The Ninja's agility is (IMO) rather uncompatible with the armor they're wearing (one reason why I think they're "daodandroids").
Konoko and Casey would wear light gear, comparable to that of the Syndicate Furies (also named "Red" for some reason).
So while I do support the idea of nightmarishlly agile opponents, I'm thinking Casey & Co rather than Spartans here. Light gear.

2)
The compromise (the way I'd proposed it) was that "Spartans" could be representatives of the WCG's never-seen army.
We've never seen the WCG interfere with Griffin (for the better or for the worse), but in alternate storyline, they might.
Their role in the story is admittedly a bit controversial, so we're on a safer ground if they're just Griffin's subordinates.
Still, I thought a worldwide army that's always "busy elsewhere" was a nice nod to Halo's ONI and Spartans. Oh well.
(of course they'd have different textures either way, and of course those textures would differ from Halo's Spartans)

3)
Another idea is to have them appear as BGI enforcers. There's more to BGI than dudes in suits and big black cars...
The BGI option solves the agility issue: illegal BGI troops can be cyborgs, whereas TCTF or WCG troops just can't.
(unless, that is, the WCG's army is not subject to the regulations enforced by Griffin's TCTF... and back to point (2) )

4)
Master Shief [sic!] (and Cortana?) would still make good "multiplayer skins" and a good pipeline test in my opinion smile
Even if none of them ends up in the game as a Bungie-style Easter egg, they'd just make me feel confident. Not you?

About setting up single meshes for manual import:

"You don't even need to put the parts on the rig." Ahm, of course you'll need to align them properly before import.
And that means you should be aware of what the local XYZ frame of every bone is, at least (little triangles in my OBJ).

"I'll holler at Owldreamer to see who's going to take responsibility to jury-rig MC for the 7th edition." Just do It (TM).

About global import with Collada:

"I'd also ask if you can export Oni data to a skeleton in Collada so we have a common standard to work with."
I'll ask Neo. Maybe he's made up his mind on the exported format already, and maybe he hasn't. Be patient.
Anyway, we're going for some fairly common standards for skeleton setup, so any skeleton out there will do.
Basically, the only thing we may want to define is a standard pose from which the conventions are derived.
Meanwhile, I've already shown you a simple pose in OBJ and explained how the bones were laid out there.

#22 02/20/08 21:02

Seventeen Seconds

Geyser, I suggest if you're posting anything that's longer than the average computer screen you break it into separate posts.  It's like a paragraph for a web forum.  This is not a problem with people ignoring you, your posts are too long.  Keep this thread strictly for content, characters, polygon meshes and related problems, and more people will contribute to the discussion.  Honest.

On that subject, I'm not doing a green Master Chief, and especially not Cortana.  You can import six-sided cubes into Oni if you really want to test whether your import process works.  If you want Oni characters, suggest characters that have something to do with Oni.  I still like the idea of giving the TCTF some kind of elite unit, which will eventually fill a different role in game.  Think of the dudes in the background of Ian McConville's wallpaper. 

desktop_oni_1280.jpg

Last edited by Seventeen Seconds (02/20/08 21:02)

#23 02/21/08 09:02

Iritscen

Aren't Black Ops the elite of the TCTF?  It's hard to imagine making any character class that's more dangerous than them without making them walking tanks.

(I wouldn't rely on McConville's drawing for any help at all, as awesome as it is.  I don't think he was that familiar with Oni.  He probably thought those guys in the BG that he was drawing were existing enemies; he just didn't get the details right.  I mean, read the FG guy's helmet: TFTC???)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#24 02/21/08 10:02

geyser
Website

Eww, a hotlinked image... Whatever's happened to your netiquette? wink
Try this: http://wiki.oni2.net/Image:Ian_McConvil … p_1600.jpg

My posts have their own inner structure. "Flooding" wouldn't solve anything.
But I do realize that I might be biased/confused by my own attention span...

Actually, I intended this thread for more or less free talk about what kind of new content there could/would/should be, so we're still on track.
Just split projects off to new threads (or I'll do it). There you can talk about "content, characters, polygon meshes and related problems".
As for this thread, with a title like "New content, anyone?" surely it can do with some brainstorming about just what a model is for?

Please allow for the possibility that with the green MC and Cortana I was merely teasing you. Your points don't bounce off me, you know.
Since you're not hot for "multiplayer skins" that have nothing to do with Oni, you won't be the one doing them and that settles it. There.

As for TCTF ninjas, I already made my point about the agility issue for one thing, and about BGI or the WCG's army for another.
1)
The point is that Spartans have full body armor, comparable to what Mukade is wearing. But they're not as "special" as Mukade.
My point is that in Oni's universe a human being can't jump around while wearing full body armor and a helmet like a Spartan's.
Lighter armor (Fury gear, Ninja gear, Comguy gear, even Konoko's gear although she's not human) - that's much more like it.
So a TCTF ninja, for me, would be dressed as lightly as a Comguy. That's the kind of role I would have assigned to "Casey".
2)
The problem with the TCTF is that they're an organism for law enforcement and technology regulation, so they can't be super.
Secret BGI troops or equally secret WCG troops could very well be illegal cyborgs which would make them armored and agile.
So, please consider the "Casey= TCTF ninja, Spartan= WCG soldier" proposal more carefully. Aren't we close to a deal?

Last edited by geyser (02/21/08 12:02)

#25 02/21/08 11:02

Iritscen

I always thought of Red as a nerdy kinda guy who manages the computers back at HQ, not as a fighter.  But we're going on literally zero information here, so who can say?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer