Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/01/20 14:05

drybomber5

Oni frame rate drops when playing certain levels.

The laptop I have: HP - 15.6" Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 256GB Solid State Drive.

After installing Oni, I installed the anniversary edition. The game runs great and plays well, however I noticed the game gets choppy at times. For example I noticed it the most when playing level 7 (or chapter 7) save point 5, there's 2 rooms you go through where there are electricity effects and it was almost unplayable. It seems to occur when there's any lighting effects, whether it's electricity, flames or even special moves.

When I go to settings > update & security > check for updates, it says everything's updated.

So I was hoping someone on here could help me with this because it's hard to enjoy the game when this occurs. Is this a common problem this game has on modern day laptops/computers?

Last edited by drybomber5 (05/01/20 14:05)

#2 05/01/20 15:05

s10k
Website

Re: Oni frame rate drops when playing certain levels.

I guess same problem as here:
http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3218

Can you try to run the game with the NVIDIA card instead of the integrated Intel one?

http://prntscr.com/s9duzj

#3 05/01/20 17:05

drybomber5

Sorry I should have mentioned that I did try that, and did notice a slight improvement but still failed to perform smooth when there were any lighting effects.

#4 05/02/20 03:05

s10k
Website

Try also the suggestions in the thread that I linked above. Other than that I don't have any ideas how to fix this issue. I am a little worried because this problem seems to have become more common.

Board footer