Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/25/18 08:12

Christoff 51

Change moves

How can i change a combat moves on specific characters( for example, i need barabus do konoko's throw kick)?

#2 12/25/18 10:12

Delano762
Website

Re: Change moves

By editing TRAC files in XML.
In your example, here's what you have to do:

1. Convert Barabus' TRAC file (a TRAC is a list of character's available animations, which in turn are called TRAMs) to .xml
2. In case of throws, two animations are played: the throw animation from the "thrower's side", and the target animation that's being played on the target of the throw. In case of regular punches, kicks, etc.; there's just one animation being played. So in your case you have to add two animations to Barabus' track. You have to figure out which ones - you can do that by checking the list of every combat move in Oni: https://wiki.oni2.net/Combat_moves
You can see that Konoko's static front kick throw animations are named KONCOMthrow_fw_k and KONCOMthrow_fw_k_tgt. Those are the ones you (probably) want to add.
Before you can add them however, you have to check if the character you're editing already has the same type of animation in his TRAC. If he does, you have to remove them from the TRAC. However, Barabus doesn't have any static front kick throws, so all you have to do, is add the TRAMs to his TRAC.
So finally, all you really gotta do is add this to Barabus' TRAC:

<TRACAnimation>
                <Weight>100</Weight>
                <Animation>TRAMKONCOMthrow_fw_k</Animation>
            </TRACAnimation>
            <TRACAnimation>
                <Weight>100</Weight>
                <Animation>TRAMKONCOMthrow_fw_k_tgt</Animation>
            </TRACAnimation>

3. Save the TRAC, convert it back to .oni
4. Create your own Anniversary Edition package ( https://wiki.oni2.net/Making_a_mod_package ) and place the TRAC.oni in an appropriate folder there.
5. Install the mod through Anniversary Edition. That's it.

Last edited by Delano762 (12/25/18 10:12)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#3 12/26/18 07:12

Christoff 51

Allright, got' it! But how can i add some purple particle trails from Konoko's super moves to Barabus?(Yeah, I know about AE "Particle Trails" package, but how do the same?)

Last edited by Christoff 51 (12/26/18 07:12)

#4 12/26/18 08:12

Iritscen

Here's some information: https://wiki.oni2.net/XML:TRAM#Adding_colorful_trails

Looking at existing AE packages that add contrails to moves is a good idea so you can see all the files that are involved in making this happen.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 12/26/18 11:12

Christoff 51

What's the file type of h2h_murtrail_e01 and other particles? How to change their colors?

#6 12/26/18 16:12

s10k
Website

As far as I remember you need to search for "Tint" element in the particle file (converted as xml) and change that to an RGB color.

Board footer