Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/19/18 12:02

Striker

Thank you, OCF

I had installed Oni a couple of days ago to take a stroll down memory lane and got reminded of this forum, so I decided to pay a visit. I'm pretty happy to see that the forum is still very much alive.

It has been a while since I last posted (2013). I was about 12 years old when I made my account here 10 years ago in 2008, and I cringe when I read the posts I made on here. Back then, I had a dream of making games, and I would spend hours tinkering with different games and making crude modifications for fun (often unsuccessfully). If you dig into my post history on OCF, you may see the extent of my talents at the time with posts such as:

Are you like a... scripter? Do you script oni or something? How do you script?

Thanks, but it's too complicated. My brain isn't fast and strong enough to get this. I'm only 13.

Even though my skills at the time were severely lacking, the wonderful and patient programmers and artists on this forum acted as a catalyst for my passion, and I have you guys to thank for inspiring me to keep going.

This year I am turning 23. I almost done my Computer Science degree and I make games in my spare time. I've made 4 games in the last year, and continue to make new ones on a regular basis. Currently, I am polishing my latest game for a proper release in hopes of generating some ad revenue. These games were done solo, and are nowhere near as complex as Oni, but this is only the start of my journey. I've acquired a multitude of different skills related to video game development that I will take with me into the future as I strive to get into the industry and start my own video game company.

I extend my gratitude to EdT, Iritscen, Alloc, geyser, s10k, and many others.
Thank you, Oni Central Forum, for being a part of my journey.

[Edit] Thanks for the Discord invite, you can find me there.

Last edited by Striker (02/19/18 18:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#2 02/19/18 12:02

s10k
Website

Re: Thank you, OCF

Hi Striker!

That's really nice to hear!

Oni had a similar impact on me and today I am also a programmer (while not a video game programmer).

I still do some modding and tools here for the community and believe or not they helped me also on my programmer career (gumby is another case that I am aware of !!).

I'm really glad that you are accomplishing your dreams and that we had encouraged you. I hope you can accomplish all your goals.

Keep showing up here from time to time.  smile

#3 02/19/18 13:02

Iritscen

Hey, I remember you smile  Nice to hear that things are going well for you.  The community has also inspired me to learn skills that I wouldn't otherwise have attempted to learn, so I know what you mean.  And the community does indeed still have projects in the works, so please check in from time to time to see what we're up to.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 02/19/18 14:02

EdT
Website

Hi Striker, nice to see you again.  I wanted to invite you to our Discord server: https://discord.gg/eqDMnkD

At times we have lively discussions on Oni smile

#5 02/19/18 16:02

paradox-01

Hopefully our paths will cross again - or hey, take EdT's invitation and simply stay with us. big_smile

Right now Oni's future might look dark and unattractive.
Just know, like the Chrysalis, we are hard to kill.

letsKeepEvolving.jpg

Board footer