Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 15/1/18 19:40

Nobody

Videos of every level of the game (AE) in 2160p(4K)/60fps!!!

All videos now on youtube in 4k at 60fps!!! Enjoy AE!!!

Consider this a tribute to your work and to our common undying enthusiasm for Oni, keeping the game from vanishing within the annals of history since 2001. I do not mod the game myself for lack of time/knowledge, but this I can do.

I have been meaning to do this for a long time (a few years actually) and now, in 2018, I am finally doing it.

I will make videos of every level of the game on my machine and post them on youtube for everyone to see. I intend to do a level every day or two.

I know this has been done before, however, I do intend to make my version a little bit special. I am running the game at maximum quality, with AE graphical improvements at 3440x1440 (21:9), with my monitor refresh rate set to 100hz and getting around 75 fps on average.

My mod selection pursued a simple objective, improve while staying true to the original game, here is my mod list.

Assault Rifle
Better Consoles/Doors
Better Warehouse & Training
BlackOps Syndicate
Bozzman's Barabas Retexture
Bozzman's TCTF Addition
Brutal AI
Casual Tankers (cause I like em)
Character Additives
Character Retexture
Dash Blur
Domino Knockdowns
Fixed moves
Griffin HD
HD Screens
HD Training Room Textures
HQ Airport Textures
HQ Intro Movie (Windows)
HQ Ninjas - Modified
Jewel Fix
Konoko's Special Wardrobe
Konoko HD Armor
Motoko
Muro HQ Textures Lighter
New Weapons Collection
Particle Trails
Perceptible Blood
Realistic Skies
Red Black Switch
Soundtrack Renewal
Stunned Throws Fix
Three-Dee Shells

***Note: while playing I will not be using any of the new weapons or skins, I will play through every level in "vanilla style" if you wish to put it that way. Also, I am not specifically trying to make these videos look epic, my idea is to simply play through the game.

***Note number two: I am not doing a speed run, I will be touring levels, messing around with showy moves, taunts and collecting secrets.

***Note number three: I am mostly intending to show off what was done with AE in general and Brutal AI in particular, I do not intend to pause for plot-related content like info consoles much.

All thoughts, suggestions and comments are most welcome! And I sincerely hope you enjoy the show.

Recorded with Action! software (this is not publicity, just mentioning it for those who may be interested).

Last edited by Nobody (30/1/18 19:51)

#2 15/1/18 19:41

Nobody

Re: Videos of every level of the game (AE) in 2160p(4K)/60fps!!!

#3 15/1/18 20:28

Iritscen

Nice work so far!

byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

#4 16/1/18 4:42

s10k
Website

This is really nice, it showcases the AE. Maybe as bonus in the end you can do some new levels too?

#5 18/1/18 20:43

Nobody

Training and the missing intro cut scene for level 1 https://youtu.be/KaNbPP82uzc

I wasn't planning on doing the training initially, but something pretty rare happened, I've only seen this 3 times so far. Oh, and I didn't get perfect score, lol.

Last edited by Nobody (18/1/18 20:44)

#6 18/1/18 20:47

Nobody

Level 2 https://youtu.be/QprOqJYWw_Y

The worst designed level of the game in my opinion, not many interesting things and a lot of running back and forth, not bad though, especially if you manage to keep your fellow TCTF agents alive (easy in vanilla, harder with AE)

The brain is, however, nice. "Why did you make it in the first place?" "Euh, well, you know..."

s10k, let me know which levels you would like to see, there are quite a few and I haven't tried all of them, so I don't think I will make the best selection

Last edited by Nobody (18/1/18 20:49)

#7 19/1/18 17:25

s10k
Website

Just watched a bit of the videos, it is really high quality. Oni looks like a modern game with these high resolution textures.

The custom levels that I recommend are Old China (by EdT and me), Wilderness Preserve - Hasegawa Adventure (by Samer) and Boss Battle (by Edt).

Last edited by s10k (19/1/18 17:26)

#8 19/1/18 17:36

Nobody

Level 3 https://youtu.be/66_wheLnn4Y

s10k, it looks even better on my computer and the videos look a LOT better too. I do not remember exactly what youtube does, but there is a fair quality loss when I upload the videos. I will look into it and see if I can use another platform, like Twitch, to upload the videos without quality loss, I just need to squeeze out some time to do it, lol.

Glad you like it.

#9 19/1/18 19:02

EdT
Website

Great videos!  The highest quality is 1080P for these videos, which to me looks really good.  But it seems the YouTube can support 4K videos.

#10 20/1/18 0:27

Nobody

If you download one of those videos from youtube at max quality you will get a file of approx. 100mb in size. The real size of those videos as they are on my computer is 6-10GB depending on length. Youtube compresses the living **** out of videos, which makes sense seeing as if they didn't they would soon run out of servers. However, compression happens at the expense of quality.

But videos are okay, especially if you do not put them in fullscreen lol.

I had a quick look around, but most platforms have approximately the same restriction.

#11 24/1/18 18:32

Nobody

Level 4 https://youtu.be/JGehd-pTDoA

Level 5 https://youtu.be/JGehd-pTDoA

It was a close call in the Hangars, lol, I had to resort to some cheap tactics at the end.

#12 30/1/18 19:49

Nobody

#13 30/1/18 19:53

Nobody

In this video, at 4:20, the person shows an "alternative" route for level 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHeWDuMv3Ec

I've tried it and I can confirm that it is a possible jump without cheat, albeit being an exploit (I think). But it's pretty hard to pull off and yields no advantages so I didn't do it.

Board footer