Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 08/08/07 11:08

Your_Mom
Website

Re: Oni ni Kanabô

Yea, well, I'll let someone else make it into a shotgun.
I can get the firing to be right, but each weapon particle emitter triggers a separate sound and they're played ONE AFTER THE OTHER. If a continuous stream, its not noticeable but it sounds horrible in single-shot mode.

droid803sig.jpg

#52 09/14/07 02:09

Gumby

The links are broken for me sad

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#53 09/29/07 03:09

Loser

HERE is "enhanced" MELE pattern for Konoko (pattern "16"). Download file, use your OUP to overwrite your MeleeProfile.BINA in level0.raw with my file. This is NOT finished, but EdT wanted something so I am uploading it. Have fun and don't forget - it is unpolished, so bugs are possible.

Loser

P.S.: And post video of your fight with this AI, if you can !!!

EDIT: Pattern "16" is used by Karen (copfem, who is fighting drones in the training level) and by EVIL KONOKO (end of the Dream lab level). I suggest everyone who wants to try out my profile to UNLOCK all Konoko's moves from level 0 (look for how to do it on this forum, it is somewhere), because my mod relies on some advanced Konoko's techniques.

Last edited by Loser (09/29/07 06:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#54 09/30/07 10:09

EdT
Website

Loser:  Thank you!  Will take time to experiment with it.

#55 10/06/07 02:10

Loser

Hello all,
I had a minute to spare, so I have polished melee glass smashing. HERE you can download RAR, which contains "h2h_dust_e01" and "h2h_dust_p01". Use your OUP to replace your versions with mine (it is in the level0.raw, use "import from file" command).

Now look for some TRAM you want to have glass-smash ability (for example KONCOMpunch_heavy). Go to the Oni galore wiki and see TRAM page, particle part. Modify particle part of your selected TRAM, so one of those particles is called "dust". Also modify start and stop frame of the glass-smash ability and the bodypart the "dust" is attached to.

Save and try it - find some glass that is shootable and try to execute your animation. Be sure that bodypart the "dust" is attached to collided with the glass. If everything is OK, glass should break. If glass didn't break, make sure it is breakable glass (shootable), that you are using your selected TRAM and that bodypart, which has attached "dust" has colided with the glass. If all of that is OK but glass wasn't smashed, something is wrong in the particle part of your selected TRAM. Go there and check it. If everything is OK here too, but you still can't smash the glass, write it here on the forum (make new thread about it in MODIFICATIONS, then everybody write into THAT thread) + say which TRAM you are using. When I will havwe some time, I will try to help you.

Tech talk:
What is new: Old melee glass-smash particles were using "start" and "stop" slots - so only when the particle started and when ended, the glass-smash was active. This new "design" on the other hand uses particle emitting. So once the "dust" is called, it keeps creating glass-smash sphere until it is stopped. Which is more comfortable than loads of particle parts, each with small pause between start and stop (old system). Now you  just need one particle part with "dust", and you simply set in a particle part of the anim when the anim should be glass-smashable.

Enjoy and post some video of you kicking through glass !!!
                                                                                                                                         Loser

Last edited by Loser (10/06/07 02:10)

#56 10/06/07 21:10

EdT
Website

Loser:  ???...???...  sorry, not so smart, looked at the TRAM page... read your instructions... then got lost... :-)
Could you please post a screenshot of a changes you made.

Also, been playing with Brutal Konoko, much harder to fight against.  One thing I notice is that "Devil Spin Kick" is used quite often.
Did you change her blocking ability? She seems to block more.

Thanks for taking the time to post these enhancements.

#57 10/06/07 23:10

Loser

All right, here we go:
According to the first picture, open TRAM part of the RAW file (in this example it is level0.raw, since I am using Konoko's animation as an example).

Then (picture 2) choose which animation you want to apply "dust" to. Highlight it and in the "dat-link-offset" subwindow select the 9th row. You should see in the main window something similar to what you can see on my picture. Can you recognize words "contrail", "glow" ? That is particle part of the TRAM. Now use your knowledge from the wiki, choose one of these particles and rename it (for example- if you want to rename the first "contrail" word, you rewrite it as "dust" word, starting exatctly at the letter "c" of the "contrail". When you finish the word "dust", nullify the next  hexa field behind the letter "t" (dusT). Zero field is separator and engine will now read the name of the particle as "dust".

Now arrange the rest of the block as you wish (start frame, end frame, bodypart). Then save and try. Good luck!

Loser

Last edited by Loser (10/06/07 23:10)

#58 12/27/07 01:12

Im_New

um guys im trying to find the machine gun mod hich 1 do i download? nad afther i download wher do i put it?

Konoko:Im Kicking ur @ss
Barabus:Never....ahhhh help me im falling *pulls his string to trust his jetpack*
Barabus:*SNAP!* noooo

#59 02/10/08 12:02

TropiKo
Website

help please, i really need help
i don't know whats with the chaingun, how to install, WHAT is it, and how to install other mods
none of them work, and i tried alot it still wont work
I'm not good at modding, at least not here, so please help me imma noob sad

I'm the real Pacific brain, even if the picture is with a different jellyfish from a different ocean...
-Why bother?
-Beeecause:
-(chorus) WE DON'T NEED NO, EDUCATION! lololol

#60 02/10/08 20:02

geyser
Website

My advice to "noobs" is to forget the machine gun until it makes it into a release of the Edition.
As for the edition, head over to the latest thread on the Edition subforum, or download these:
For the PC: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/20080121/wedition.zip
For the Mac: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/20080121/xedition.zip
There are quite self-explanatory readmes, and dedicated threads here.

Note that sentences like "none of them work, and i tried alot it still wont work" scare us away.
If you want someone to help you get something to work, you have to make a little effort here.

Last edited by geyser (02/10/08 20:02)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#61 02/10/08 21:02

Your_Mom
Website

I got the machine gun into my personal binary hacks.
I needed to change a bucket load of links though...not advised.

droid803sig.jpg

#62 02/10/08 21:02

geyser
Website

Mommy, you should consider moving to OniSplit-powered modding. No more fixing bucketloads of links.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#63 02/11/08 05:02

TropiKo
Website

lawlawl i just tried other ways after the proper one.
and i told you im a noob in modding tongue.i mod only hl oO

I'm the real Pacific brain, even if the picture is with a different jellyfish from a different ocean...
-Why bother?
-Beeecause:

#64 02/11/08 05:02

TropiKo
Website

Forgot to thank, THANK YOU! XD
alot!

Last edited by TropiKo (02/11/08 05:02)

-Why bother?
-Beeecause:

#65 02/11/08 12:02

TropiKo
Website

i found in big_deal.bat:
XCALL step0004.bat in place of CALL
awch anyway thanks again and again and again spam spam

-Why bother?
-Beeecause:

Board footer