Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/19/17 21:12

killerbladeaex

need help :S

I'm having a problem i don't know how to fix when playing online oni match the other play can see the host when he uses weapons but when given to bots only the host see the bots attack with weapons the client doesn't see the bots attacking with weapons thus causing synchronization problems why the weapons work when given to host but not when given to bots? it doesn't make sense to work for only the host!! btw im trying to make a coop thing and everything seems working except weapons they cause synchronization problems if i remove them the bots become synchronized and play well but a game with no weapons is very boring if i do this "chr_Giveweapon (hostid) w2_sap  from both sides client and host the weapon is given to the host and it is synchronized and fires fine but when giving it to a bot (AI) the blast doesn't appear from the weapon on client side thus causing synchronization problems i even fixed the ai problem which was walking backwards during cutscenes by editing the bink32 i don't know maybe the maker of the code knows something about the weapon problem and how to fix it?

Last edited by killerbladeaex (12/19/17 21:12)

#2 12/19/17 21:12

Iritscen

Re: need help :S

Flatline is Gumby's project, not mine, but I can tell you what he would say: weapons are not synced in Flatline and were not intended to be used.  He talks about that in the official Flatline thread.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/19/17 21:12

killerbladeaex

he is wrong because they are synced with host and client but just not with bots if making a 1v1 fight both can use weapons with no problems but i want bots in coop to use them

Last edited by killerbladeaex (12/19/17 21:12)

#4 12/19/17 22:12

Iritscen

Gumby can't be wrong about his own program tongue  To give you a more technical explanation than before, player input and position is synced, but weapon-specific information is not.  So any player can pick up a weapon and use it by pressing the right keys, but that doesn't guarantee that the pickup or weapons fire will appear on everyone's computer.  While it may appear in-sync at first, it's just a matter of time before weapons go out-of-sync between human players.  As for bots, I don't know how exactly weapons "don't work" for them, but it may just be a limitation of the way they're spawned.  Since Flatline didn't support weapons yet, I don't think Gumby tested or cared if weapons worked for bots.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer