Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/18/17 20:12

killerbladeaex

Grr how can i keep Ae with original gameplay?

Hi i want the original level0_final.dat and .raw  that has the original gameplay what i mean i don't want barabas to be harder and smarter and i don't want all moves unlocked but i still want to be able to play on AE and add my own mods via ae installer so what i want is AE edition but with original npcs and original moves

#2 12/18/17 22:12

Iritscen

Re: Grr how can i keep Ae with original gameplay?

The AE shouldn't change Barabas' behavior unless you install a mod for him.

In order to prevent all moves from being unlocked, go into Oni/AE/AEInstaller/packages/05000Unlock_All_Moves/ and rename the patches/ folder to something else, like ~patches/.  Then hit "Install" in the AE Installer.  Deleting the whole package will simply cause the AEInstaller to re-download it, but this method will fool it into thinking the package is still installed.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/18/17 22:12

killerbladeaex

Are you sure about that? i managed to remove unlock all moves but not like your method because i tried your method and it didn't work  even when i renamed patches and clicked install the moves were still on for some reason the only way i got unlock moves mod by overriding it with a mod i created that contained level0_final.dat of the original game .. it even removed "annivesary edition" and removed the moves but barabas still uses jetpack and in the original he doesnt and he's harder here and uses more earth quakers and in the original he doesnt even though both difficulties had hard mode btw i reinstalled anniversary edition too its like the barabas mod comes automatically when installing anniversary edition

#4 12/18/17 23:12

killerbladeaex

i did changes to the game and your method worked also barabas returned to normal thanks

EDIT: damit now the host command doesnt work strange  even though bink32.dll is still the same one as before when it worked

Last edited by killerbladeaex (12/18/17 23:12)

#5 12/19/17 07:12

Iritscen

Well, the Daodan DLL won't be affected by the changes in game data that the AE makes, so that's an independent issue.  Not sure what would cause that.

#6 12/19/17 13:12

Scarlett

From what I've seen is that each mod has a number before to tell what kind of mod it is. What if you change those numbers. Like say the folder has a number starting with 1, change the number to something else like 9. So try changing 05000 to something like 90010 or remove the numbers all together so the AE doesn't pick it up. Or better yet, change the name of the Oni/AE/AEInstaller/packages/05000Unlock_All_Moves/level0_final to something else not oni related

Last edited by Scarlett (12/19/17 13:12)

#7 12/19/17 14:12

s10k
Website

I'm starting having doubts about unlock all moves being a core package, this isn't the first complain and will probably not be the last. Personally I don't care about it being core or not as long we can install it.

Last edited by s10k (12/19/17 15:12)

#8 12/19/17 16:12

Iritscen

Yeah, I realized a while ago that a number of players don't want their moves unlocked from the start.  It seemed like a no-brainer decision at the time that we made it core, but I can understand why some people want to reproduce the original experience of playing through the game.  I'm planning to do something about this to make the package optional.

#9 12/19/17 21:12

Scarlett

It think it is better to set it as an animation package instead of a core package

Board footer