Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/26/17 12:11

Terribilis_Studio

Oni from terribilis studio

Hi,
I'm John (programmer at Terribilis Studio).
I wanted to inform you that we are developing oni 2 in our studio for 1 year (we do not have a license).
It's a free game because we are a big fan and students for the most part and test versions. I count on your help to improve the gameplay of oni 2.
The first test version of the gameplay will be available this month !!

If you wish to contribute you can send us 3D objects concerning the world of oni.
We use 3ds MAX and unreal engine (fobx obj ... 3ds ...)
We need animations also, we currently use animations MIXAMO that we modify then (frame) but the result is not perfect.

Subscribe and watch our oni 2 presentation video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzQTOS7hTM

(I'm French I'm writing with Google translation)
Follow us! see you soon

FluxBB bbcode test

#2 11/26/17 12:11

EdT
Website

Re: Oni from terribilis studio

Hi John,

Welcome to our forum. I saw your video and I'm looking forward to your release.  I hope it includes a version for the Mac.

Have you tried Anniversary Edition? http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2566  It has many mods for the original Oni game.  There might be something you can use for your game.

#3 11/26/17 13:11

Terribilis_Studio

Hello, Yes I tried it, do you think I can find 3ds max-compatible format in the files? if so it would be great!

FluxBB bbcode test

#4 11/26/17 14:11

EdT
Website

If you use Vago GUI http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2385, you can extract all types of assets from the game, such as level environments, character models and animations.

For example to modify or create new animations, you would extract an animation as a collada or dae file. Then import the animation into a 3D program.  We have been using Autodesk Softimage to edit the animation.  However, Oni does not use bones to animate, it uses the character's meshes directly. 

I don't have any experience with 3DS Max, but it should be able to import the dae files and you could see the animation in it.  There is no direct way to convert the animations from Oni to bones type animation.  Perhaps, you could model the bone's animation, following the animation from Oni.

#5 11/26/17 15:11

Iritscen

Hi there, and welcome.  It's always cool to see someone still interested in making new things in the world of Oni.  Just a quick note for now — I put the link to your YouTube video in your post.  I assume that's the right one?  Once you've made 10 posts, you get the permission to post links.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 11/26/17 17:11

Terribilis_Studio

Thank you for the link. Currently we finish the Training Map to share our test version as promised before the end of the month. We will see later to rework the animations

FluxBB bbcode test

#7 11/26/17 17:11

Erik

This is gonna be great!!

#8 01/03/18 20:01

Terribilis_Studio

Hello !
You can download a very primitive version of the future game ONI of terribilis studio!
https://gumroad.com/l/BhVUS

Last edited by Iritscen (01/03/18 20:01)

FluxBB bbcode test

#9 01/03/18 20:01

EdT
Website

Congratulations!  That is great news!  I will be waiting for the Mac version.

#10 01/04/18 17:01

Zeriver

Pretty good, i like the first person mode it could make entirely new game from ONI. Something more like Dark Messiah or Mirror's Edge.
Fighting is fun although it could use some polishing. I liked little things like when Konoko taunts her avatar appears on the right side of the screen.
I did encounter one funny bug thought, when i killed enemy he got stuck on me and i was running with his dead body around. I recorded the gif but while recording my laptop tends to slow down extremely so it's laggy and i couldn't capture funnier moments when i was jumping, doing some combos and the body was flying around me xD
https:   //imgur     .com/   6vKzVzZ
(Yeah i don't have 10 posts either, that's what you get for lurking)

Anyway it's pretty cool that you are working on this project and it starts to look promising!

8fxk12W.jpg

#11 01/04/18 19:01

Terribilis_Studio

Oh thank you ! ! !
Please report the bug to improve the game in the website :

terribilisstudio.joomla.com/oni-bug-report

Last edited by Terribilis_Studio (01/05/18 06:01)

FluxBB bbcode test

#12 01/05/18 03:01

ltemplar

I will try to be in it as objective as possible(because it's only tech demo).
So here it's goes:

1)What's good in it:
-working consoles and doors
-taunting
-daodan mode(It's working with this interesting "hairs going up" thing like dragon ball)
-auto block
-combo mechanic

2)What's bad
-No directional attacks
-no throws
-no escape moves
-crunch kick attack(has tendency to "displace" the enemies around)
-no block breaking attacks
-camera likes sometimes to jump off or go for "vacation" into unknown places(read its not stable)
-shooting mode not working/not implemented
-disappearing guns after pick up into oblivion...
-one AI to fight at any given time
-Enemy AI is not chasing the player nor do evasive manoeuvres..It's only waiting there in this fighting pose and response only if attacked(by block or combo of it's own)
-Jump kicking ................
-You can't speak to doctor/s(only attack them)
-Concentration mode(in daodan form) sometimes activates sometime not...
-The level is so damn short....

Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (01/05/18 03:01)

#13 01/05/18 06:01

Terribilis_Studio

hello,
thank you for taking the time to analyze and write this long message. Your feedback is valuable and helps improve the game. Please contact us on our bug reporting system next time it's easier for us:
terribilisstudio.joomla.com/oni-bug-report

FluxBB bbcode test

#14 01/05/18 11:01

Terribilis_Studio

We have a problem to compiling the game on ios
We need a license develloper MAC to take a license and we do not have an account (it's not free), someone to an idea?

Last edited by Terribilis_Studio (01/05/18 11:01)

FluxBB bbcode test

#15 01/05/18 12:01

EdT
Website

Wouldn't it be easier to first compile the game to MacOS?  That doesn't require a paid Mac developer account.

#16 01/05/18 20:01

Iritscen

You can actually compile the game for macOS, it just won't be signed.  The user will have to sign it himself on his computer before running it.  We have this issue with the Setup app for the Anniversary Edition on Mac.  If you download the AE for Mac from here, you'll see the instructions that I provide for the user so he can run the app even though it's unsigned.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#17 01/07/18 13:01

Terribilis_Studio

Hello,
We do not have a Mac PC
UNREAL ENGINE 4 requires to install a MAC developer license on the project to compile it
To recover this license you must pay a subscription on the site developer.apple.com in order to recover a license
So we can not do anything for mac without help from the community

Last edited by Terribilis_Studio (01/07/18 13:01)

FluxBB bbcode test

Board footer