Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 07/11/17 14:07

paradox-01

Re: Omega Tournament - New Level (Now released!)

s10k wrote:

Hey guys!

Just a little update. I've been busy in real life in last few months so I haven't worked much in this project. I've got now some spare time and I'm working now a bit more in this.

I've just choose a name for this project: Omega Tournament.

Here's a new screenshot:
Oni%202017-07-11%2020-52-35-46.png

Lava pit? Classic big_smile

I wonder if you could make the zone near the ring out dangerous ... burning their feet if they stay at that zone.

Keep it going !

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/11/17 14:07)

#27 07/11/17 15:07

s10k
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

I wonder if you could make the zone near the ring out dangerous ... burning their feet if they stay at that zone.

hehe that's the idea.

Thanks. big_smile

Last edited by s10k (07/11/17 15:07)

#28 10/19/17 17:10

s10k
Website

Hey guys!

I'm still working in the level, right now I am finishing the third arena.

In the last months I have also been working recording some videos while working in the level as you can see:

videos-work-in-progress.png

I hope to show you more once I make more progress. wink

Last edited by s10k (10/19/17 17:10)

#29 10/20/17 10:10

Iritscen

This looks like it will be really helpful, thanks for taking the time to document your steps.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#30 11/01/17 14:11

s10k
Website

Third arena is finished. smile

I'm going to start now the fourth arena.

This fourth arena will be based of in the following ltemplar's suggestion:

ltemplar wrote:

Well ..whey not create multi level arena then? For example you start on roof  kick your opponent down he fell a level bellow, then go by stairs(or jump down) and continue the fights. You can also add some destroyable obstacles (glass) which can hurt the unfortunate victim that fell into it.

#31 11/12/17 06:11

s10k
Website

Damn fighting bsl limitations is hard. You sure do that you are pushing it to the limits when you start receiving SLiSchedule_Task_Find FAILED [IMPORTANT] errors. hmm

#32 11/15/17 18:11

s10k
Website

EdT wrote:

You might try saving the glass as separate env files and replace them each round.

In the xml file import the glass like this:

<Import Path="glass.dae">
</Import>

Then in the bsl:

env_show 1 0

So I have been planning this new arena. And I am thinking in adding some glass like ltemplar suggested.

I've tried to see if in fact it is possible to restore the glass or not without creating duplicated glass objects. And look what I have found:
http://script10k.oni2.net/videos/restoring_glass.mp4

Yup! The engine natively supports restoring the glass objects as much as we want!! This is great for my new arena. smile

You just need to use env_show obj_id 1 and it will restore the glass.

#33 11/15/17 21:11

EdT
Website

Nice find about restoring the glass.

#34 11/25/17 10:11

s10k
Website

We are getting there! big_smile

Oni_2017-11-25_15-56-13-37.png

Last edited by s10k (11/25/17 10:11)

#35 11/25/17 16:11

EdT
Website

Cool!

#36 12/10/17 18:12

s10k
Website

I listened to this today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZBHkMDc3v8

I think it could fit pretty well in the level soundtrack. big_smile

#37 12/11/17 17:12

s10k
Website

Good news I fixed the crashes on this last arena. It was crashing when a blue or red striker fought. I fixed it by cleaned some level0 old files that I had in my level0 folder. So as rule of thumb always clean up of your level files when you are getting unexpected crashes.

The next step is work in the bonus and extra stuff.

Last edited by s10k (12/11/17 17:12)

#38 12/12/17 08:12

Iritscen

So you're not modding using a package? sad

#39 12/12/17 09:12

s10k
Website

No. That takes too much time to install each time I change anything.

I have a level0 and level31 folders with oni files and I do the conversion using onisplit from onis to dat files directly (if I changed only level31 files I will only convert the level31 to dat which is a really fast operation).

I will only create the package for the release.

Note: I have only a small AEI package right now which is for XmlTools patches necessary for my level, and I only install it one time. Then the files modified are moved for my level0 and level31 which I mentioned above.

#40 12/12/17 10:12

Iritscen

Hmm, currently the AEI will only rebuild levels that have had their package selection change, but I don't think it knows when a package's contents have changed.  If it did, you would only have to switch over to the AEI and hit Install again, and it would rebuild just level 0 and/or level 31 as needed.  If you have any suggestions along these lines, let me know.  Modding by package is much cleaner and easier to manage, so I want the AEI to be a useful part of a modder's workflow so that they feel inclined to use it.

#41 12/12/17 11:12

s10k
Website

Iritscen wrote:

If it did, you would only have to switch over to the AEI and hit Install again, and it would rebuild just level 0 and/or level 31 as needed.  If you have any suggestions along these lines, let me know.  Modding by package is much cleaner and easier to manage, so I want the AEI to be a useful part of a modder's workflow so that they feel inclined to use it.

That looks nice to me. It would also save me time to build the package in the final since you are building a package since the beginning.

I think you could detect if the package has changed with the following info:
- number of files of the package in the last installation vs number of files in the current installation
- modified date of all files of the package in the last installation vs modified date of all files in the current installation
- md5 (or any other hash of your choice) of all files of the package in the last installation vs md5 of all files in the current installation

If any of the conditions above for any file differs from previous installation you know that the package contents have been changed (and then proceed to the re-installation).

You would need to save the previous installation information somewhere (maybe sqlite or even a file).

#42 12/12/17 12:12

Iritscen

Okay, good suggestion.  I'm going to add this to Bugs and see if Alloc wants to work on it.

#43 12/15/17 16:12

s10k
Website

Btw feel free to suggest free music that you feel that will fit this level (arena / fighting music).

#44 12/15/17 23:12

EdT
Website

Here is the artist that I used for Old China, hopefully you can some music that fits your arena.

http://music.geisheker.com/

#45 12/16/17 06:12

s10k
Website

Thanks I will check those!

#46 12/16/17 10:12

s10k
Website

Ok guys so new track for Omega:
http://script10k.oni2.net/onibungieforu … 0k_Mix.mp3

Don't be surprised that is trance like since I nowadays listen much to this genre.

Original track is Orchestra Electronica by Nibana. Great great producer!

P.S.: License is Creative Commons for noncommercial usage. License here. Got from here.

Last edited by s10k (12/16/17 16:12)

#47 06/17/18 14:06

s10k
Website

Hey guys!

I am sorry for not saying nothing for all this time about this project.

I had some big changes in my personal life, I moved to another country and I started to work in there.

This project has been stalled since December of 2017 up to the two previous weeks, yes I have resumed the work on this project (this was always my intention but with the big changes on my life I wasn't mentally prepared to do any work on this).

Now I am finally starting to stabilize my life so I feel that I can work again in this project.

I already made some nice progress in last two weeks (but I just worked about 3 / 4 days on those).

Hopefully I will have something nice to show you soon. smile

Cheers!

Last edited by s10k (06/17/18 15:06)

#48 09/02/18 09:09

s10k
Website

Hey guys!

So I have some amazing news about this project.

I have finished all the arenas for the level! The gameplay is also working as I intended.

So what's missing now?

Well I was thinking in adding a boss to the level, so it may even be a new character or a modified one. If I decide to include the boss character this may take some more time (months, just for the boss character) since I never worked with characters modding.

After that I want to add some extras, add some cut scenes and maybe some extra music.

Then do the final adjustments (add intro, end screens etc) and do some mac os testing.

I would say that it is around 80% complete by now.

Anyway you should hear more news soon! I am very happy for all the progress on last few months. smile

#49 09/02/18 15:09

Iritscen

Glad to hear it, keep up the good work!

#50 05/27/19 17:05

s10k
Website

After being idle for quite sometime (real life has been delivering, especially since I moved countries), I have news about this project.

I finished the boss character!

So at the moment I have been working in the extras (just started), I want to add the cutscenes, probably some extra music and finally the final adjustments (add intro, end screens etc).

I would say that it is now +-90% complete. big_smile

If everything goes smoothly (I will also start learning a new language soon, so this may take some time from me again), I should be able to have the level finished in a couple of months.

Board footer