Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/18/17 14:11

s10k
Website

Creating glass objects in game

Can anyone tell me how do we create glass objects in custom levels? I've tried search in the wiki but I didn't found the procedure.

#2 11/18/17 14:11

Iritscen

Re: Creating glass objects in game

I can't recall at the moment if any new levels have even had glass in them, but it seems possible.  See http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD:BINA/TMBD, and also follow the link through to OBD:Mtrl.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 11/18/17 15:11

s10k
Website

Thanks a lot! That worked!

I've just used the texture 'AIR_GLASS_01BREAK' from Oni* on the texture that I wanted as glass on sketchup. After the import it is breakable.

*This textures appears as <Material Name="Clear_Glass"> in BINADBMTTextureMaterials.

#4 11/18/17 16:11

EdT
Website

@s10k I'm glad you found the answer.  I believe you can also add the name of a new material to BINADBMTTextureMaterials under the characteristics you want applied to the material.

#5 11/18/17 16:11

s10k
Website

EdT wrote:

I believe you can also add the name of a new material to BINADBMTTextureMaterials under the characteristics you want applied to the material.

Yes that's true. I am not sure if I will use new textures or the ones that already come with the game.

Probably even if I use new textures, if I give them a name of a original glass texture it will become breakable too, without needing to edit BINADBMTTextureMaterials, though I didn't tested this.

Board footer