Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 06/11/16 16:06

tens

Re: Oni like games - who knows them?

Seems like Gots First Assault is like a re-skinned generic shooter, I would've actually paid for a campaign version of the same game. They've also made Commander a bit too, appealing? I remember having skin tight clothes that left little to imagination and a few more revealing times, but usually she does not go about a semi-cleavage revealing outfit as an Operative. Sry, I'm a guy who enjoys that bit of faithful recreation. Other than that, the game seems fun but far from a triple A title, mostly considering the graphics.

For now, you could probably find a similar sense of game-play from BlackLight Retribution. Other than the fact it has a title of the "Root" for Oni. It has little to match the gameplay itself.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#52 01/19/17 11:01

playerok

hmm so far the only one I can think is Indiana jones and the emperor's tomb,TPS gun+melee and puzzles extra

#53 01/19/17 12:01

Iritscen

Ah, good point.  I'm surprised no one has brought up that game before in this thread, especially Loser since he's a fan of it.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#54 04/15/17 10:04

Iritscen

Seems like a good place and time to mention that Overgrowth, the sequel to Lugaru, recently entered beta after something like 9 years in alpha.  They have streamlined support for mods so you can easily install them from within the game (this isn't really doable for Oni, before anyone asks).  Speaking of modding, I'm jealous of their in-game editor mode too.  Anyway, apparently the campaign mode is almost done and they won't be in beta for long.  I think it's time to dust off my pre-order information and try the game again.  Here's the latest video showing the state of development: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfZjBOHbRVg

#55 04/15/17 12:04

s10k
Website

Interesting seems they are using imgui for the ingame gui library. Looks nice the game and modding ingame is a big plus.

#56 04/15/17 12:04

Iritscen

Yeah, they use imgui.  Modding in-game is nice if you don't need to do anything but install mods.  Our AEI sometimes has to bring up your desktop, web browser, or email client, so it's better to have it separate from the game.  Well, there's some pros and cons, but I don't want to derail the thread by getting into that smile

#57 06/15/17 20:06

Iritscen

It looks like Absolver, which releases at the end of August, will have especially complex melee (and yes, multiplayer too): http://www.gameinformer.com/games/absol … exity.aspx

I don't see any mention of gunplay there, so perhaps the game focuses entirely on hand-to-hand combat.

#58 06/16/17 02:06

Lithium

I'll follow it, I was super hyped for For Honor but it went to shit super fast

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#59 10/18/17 22:10

Iritscen

Well, two days ago Overgrowth hit v1.0 and was released.  I've only played it for less than an hour, and it doesn't exactly feel like a finished game, but anyone who likes melee-focused games should check it out.  It's very satisfying to kill an enemy who's in mid-air with a well-timed knife throw, or to finish an opponent with a devastating two-footed jump-kick.

Meanwhile, Absolver had a really rough launch with bad connectivity issues, and it looks like it's still rough as of 1.07, but improved.  Reviewers are saying it's fun, but is more like a tech demo than a finished game.  It's also Windows-only, but that wouldn't stop me from playing it in Boot Camp if I was sufficiently interested, as I did with X-Blades.

Board footer