Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/06/17 17:01

Scarlett

How to add your own flash/particle image to Oni?

I've been thinking about this for a long while now, is it possible to put your own particle image in ONI? I notice that most particle uses and image like the smoke and the fire and the tanker yellow flash when his super moves hit. Is it possible to add your own flash/particle image to ONI?

#2 01/06/17 19:01

Iritscen

Re: How to add your own flash/particle image to Oni?

Yes, particle textures are not hardcoded; each particle class asks for a specific TXMP (when it is a simple texture; some specify an M3GM instead).  I can at least point you in the right direction.  If you look at the documentation for PAR3 XML here and search for the field called TexGeom, you'll see where you can specify the TXMP.  As usual, you will want to export existing particles to XML in order to learn from the game data and experiment with this feature.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/06/17 20:01

Scarlett

Thank you so much for the reply. I always want to create my own flashes and now I got the answer I need. Thanks a lot smile

#4 09/09/17 14:09

Nioko

Scarlett
Where from you take this avatar?

Last edited by Nioko (09/09/17 14:09)

#5 09/09/17 20:09

Scarlett

My avatar? It is an in game screen shot i took of my custom made character Naomi while she was doing an old custom throw i made for her. The level was the arena of hurt zen garden.

#6 09/10/17 05:09

Nioko

Scarlett wrote:

My avatar? It is an in game screen shot i took of my custom made character Naomi while she was doing an old custom throw i made for her. The level was the arena of hurt zen garden.

The last time I played ~ 9 years ago, so only vaguely I could remember that it was in the game, but decided to clarify it.
Thanks!

#7 09/10/17 18:09

Scarlett

You're welcome smile

Board footer