Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 09/18/16 13:09

s10k
Website

Re: Vago GUI

paradox-01 wrote:

XmlTools: do you need to post-edit the sound xml file? Otherwise you could use a normal text writer to create them. Just curious why it is needed.

It is not a requirement. I could just use an XML library or even a simple file library for that. However at the time I wanted to integrate XmlTools with Vago and I thought I could use it for the sound wizard.

It basically reads some (template) xml files inside the executable, the XmlTools edits them accordingly with the users choosen options. This technique has also the advantage of if for some reason these Xml files structure change in the future I just need to replace the templates files which sounds better to me in terms of maintainability.

Of course the idea of the XmlTools integration is also to make it easy in the future  to add Xml options or features to Vago. smile

#102 09/25/16 14:09

paradox-01

BTW I added the tickets to the bug page. Happy coding. ... One of those rainy weekends I still have to do the impulse sound docu.

#103 09/25/16 15:09

s10k
Website

I've saw them. Thanks paradox. Although I don't promise any new version shortly.

Last edited by s10k (09/25/16 15:09)

#104 10/12/16 17:10

s10k
Website

New version, some tweaks, bugfixes and ability to create background images for oni using a wizard:

----------------------------------
Change Log:
1.1, 12-10-2016
- Added wizard to create background images
- Added OSBD imp creation to Sound wizard page
- Added option to Vago ask at the startup if the user wants to load lastest saved project
- Added new project action to file menu
- Replaced "Always confirm Vago exit" option with an option to save the current
project (if there are unsaved changes)
- Fixed drag and drop bug wich caused the multiplication of the dropped files
- Moved preferences from file to options menu
- Fixed Max ElapsedTime property recognition in Sound Wizard (Amb page)
- Now the sound wizard drops all the files used in the user workspace
(including the XML files used to create the OSBD oni files)

A special thanks to paradox for the feedback and suggestions.

Last edited by s10k (10/12/16 17:10)

#105 10/30/16 12:10

s10k
Website

Updated, the main new feature is an XmlTools interface which had been requested for some time. It has also a simple Xml file comparison so you can preview an XmlTools command before applying it (this file comparison is very simple and shouldn't replace a full file comparison program).

Change Log:
1.2, 30-10-2016
- Upgraded to XmlTools 2.0c
- Added a XmlTools interface. Click in the XML icon in the main window.
- Now in manual commands you can choose if you want to call OniSplit or XmlTools
- Now manual commands behaves likes an independent window
- Fixed additional sources in levels tab when loading project
- Interface was asking user for additional sources and bnv source files when this
options were checked in levels tab when a project was loading. This was fixed.
- Fixed background image page 2 layout when the image name is large

Some screenshots:

vago1.png
vago2.png
vago3.png

#106 10/30/16 19:10

Scarlett

This is some nice work. I may not know how this work yet but I will once i get my hands on it

#107 12/09/16 16:12

s10k
Website

Hey guys,

Here's a new version, the main new feature is a new wizard that allows you to create easily pages for the game like diary, weapon and objective pages. (thanks paradox for the feature request)

Change Log:
1.3, 09-12-2016
- Changed Sound Wizard default settings to create files that are playable as music ingame
- Now wizards have no longer modal windows. You can minimize and open multiple at the same time
- Added some tooltips to XmlTools interface
- Added wizard to create ingame pages like weapon / item pages or text for consoles
- Added drag and drop support to Extract TRAM with TRBS/ONCC
- Changed the layout of about dialog

wm1.png
wm2.png

#108 12/10/16 00:12

Scarlett

What do you guys use to make these things and how hard is it?

#109 12/10/16 08:12

s10k
Website

What do you refer by these things? Are you talking about Vago application?

Well you need to know programming (maybe java or python are a good starting point), then you need to learn how to build basic user interfaces in these languages, then read a little about oni xml structure in oni wiki page and finally connecting you application with onisplit.

It is not that hard (if you already know some of the basis above) but can take a bit of work.

#110 12/10/16 14:12

Scarlett

What about c++ or c#?

#111 12/10/16 15:12

s10k
Website

C# is kinda like Java imo but you will only be able to develop desktop programs with interfaces for windows (with win forms or wpf).
C++ is more low level so it is a bit harder to learn but once you know a bit it is really a powerful language, one of the best to develop desktop applications with interfaces for multiple operating systems in my opinion.

Last edited by s10k (12/10/16 18:12)

#112 09/08/17 16:09

semicloud

says AE is required to run. are there any other dependencies i should worry about

Last edited by semicloud (09/08/17 16:09)

#113 09/08/17 17:09

s10k
Website

It was made with AE in mind, it probably can work with vanilla too (selecting oni vanilla folder as AE) but AE is the way to go. No other dependencies as long as you install it from AE installer tools menu.

#114 09/08/17 20:09

semicloud

thanks, i'll try it out. also props for coding something like this.

Last edited by semicloud (09/08/17 20:09)

#115 09/26/17 12:09

semicloud

i have vago 1.3. how do i extract character into a .dae format. the character tab has trbs and other format that i can't direct extract from the gamedata folder. how many conversions do i have to run to get .dae from simply a .dat format.

#116 09/26/17 13:09

EdT
Website

First thing go to the Levels Tab Select from  DAT and to ONI Files, then click ADD and then go to Game DataFolder and select Level0_Final.

Now go to Characters Tab, select from TRBS / ONCC ONI to DAE. click ADD go to Vago Workspace/Levels/DAT - ONI Files/level0_Final/ choose the TRBS or ONCC you want.

#117 09/26/17 14:09

semicloud

thanks man, u come through. don't look like i can use it though. com guy look like he been ran over by a pick up truck. rotation vector are all jacked up. since oni dont' use bones apparently, his arm are all dilapted. i almost want to show u the picture but it's to gruesome for this forum.

#118 09/26/17 19:09

Scarlett

To get it standing still you will need to expect it from a character ONCC. And that ONCC should be where some animation files are so the model is viewed upright in a modeling tool

#119 12/30/17 11:12

s10k
Website

New version. Happy new year everyone!

Change Log:
1.4, 30-12-2017
- Fixed crash when abort window was confirmed after the conversion has finished
- Replaced our custom log class by the plog library
- Fixed paragraphs not being created in "Window messages wizard"
- Added extensions validations to the conversions
- Add "Standing Pose" to ONCC extraction (-noanim)
- Fixed some inconsistencies of disabled options, now if a option changes states to invalid
(can't be used with current conversion), it is simply disabled and not used, but will remain
with the state unchanged (e.g. the checkbox may remain checked)
- Fixed bug in Textures tab, options didn't get disabled once enabled (when TGA -> TXMP)
- Added internal upgrade vago projects feature (so the vago projects can be updated over time depending on each
Vago version changes)
- Some code refactoring to make the code more modular and easier to build (now uses s10k's "shared" libraries for
qtcreator projects)

#120 01/03/18 16:01

s10k
Website

Bugfix:

Change Log:
1.4a, 03-01-2018
- Fixed bug while saving project file. Levels tab rows were being saved in Objects tab.

#121 12/18/21 05:12

s10k
Website

Hello guys I have been thinking about this project on the past months. I decided to stop support it. I have been supporting it for many years now. There are still quite a few suggestions that have been created over the years, but I never had the time to look at them. Some persons also suggested some major UI changes. I have also seen that the modding community is also moving the modding on a new direction now and seems likely that new mod tools would be a better fit for this (or at least the existing one will need to be adjusted), this requires work which I am not intending to spend on Oni right now.

So what now? Vago is and has been fully opensource almost since the beginning. If you really want to build over it you can. Other option is to build a new (hopefully better) GUI tool from the ground up that fully supports the new modding requirements. Feel free to take over this (or a similar) project.

Regarding other projects, I am still planning to support XmlTools at least for now.

Board footer