Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/30/17 12:08

Piotr

Crystals

Hi. I'm playing Oni again. It's a great story and combat system. I am fascinated by the crystals that she carry inside. Can you say something more about those crystals, which carried inside body, can give tremendous power? I noticed this idea in many other games or fantasy movies. Do you know where this idea originally came from ?

#2 08/30/17 13:08

SomeGuy

Re: Crystals

Sorry to give such a plain answer but you can read on the concept of Daodan and Chrysalis here wiki.oni2.net/Daodan.
      As for the source of the idea it depends on how abstract about the concept you're willing to get. For example the idea of some inner force, substance or stimuli giving you powers is as old as time (Werewolves, vampires, even Greek demigods) but when you add up all the Daodan concepts explained in the game the idea gets fairly specific. The inspiration from Ghost in the shell is very clear though (sci-fi world, main character having to take on another form, pessimistic outlook on the world, etc.), in a way it's like a parallel universe of that movie, albeit not ambitious and sadly unfinished.

Last edited by SomeGuy (08/30/17 13:08)

#3 08/31/17 12:08

Piotr

Re: Crystals

Thanks smile I will have some research on that.

Last edited by Piotr (08/31/17 12:08)

Board footer