Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 25/8/17 19:42

Scarlett
Member
From: Jamaica
Registered: 25/11/15

I haven't been on in a while

Wow i haven't been on in months because i was having some device issues but I've been keeping my eye on what's going on here. How's everyone and their projects?

Offline

#2 26/8/17 8:45

Iritscen
Moderator
From: NC, USA
Registered: 22/10/07

Re: I haven't been on in a while

Personally, my real life has been completely crazy and I've had no free time for anything at all.  Hoping that's going to change soon and I can start finishing up some Oni projects....


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#3 26/8/17 11:30

s10k
Member
From: Portugal
Registered: 14/1/07
Website

Re: I haven't been on in a while

Hey Scarlett! Nice to see you again! smile

I've been working in my level project and I'm doing a lot of progress! I have begun working in the 3rd arena model. Btw Naomi is always one of the more challenging battle characters, I think you will love to see her fighting in the level. I will post more news soon.

I've also been working as "youtuber" so I basically I'm recording videos while working in the level, so hopefully some of you guys can learn some things from my work.

How has been going your oni project Scarlett?

Offline

#4 26/8/17 17:35

Delano762
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 29/12/10
Website

Re: I haven't been on in a while

Hey everyone.

Things have been crazier for me too, but at least now I know I can animate without IK sliders.

s10k wrote:

I've also been working as "youtuber" so I basically I'm recording videos while working in the level, so hopefully some of you guys can learn some things from my work.

Speaking of which, maybe we gotta start streaming our work? I'm gonna do an animating stream once I'm done with my university exam which is on September 15th. After that, I'll let everybody know when the stream is going to be scheduled big_smile


Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Offline

#5 26/8/17 17:47

s10k
Member
From: Portugal
Registered: 14/1/07
Website

Re: I haven't been on in a while

Of course but make sure your record the stream so others can view it later. wink

Also save the videos in your oni2.net account so they don't get lost if youtube decides to shut them down.

Last edited by s10k (26/8/17 17:48)

Offline

#6 26/8/17 22:34

Scarlett
Member
From: Jamaica
Registered: 25/11/15

Re: I haven't been on in a while

s10k wrote:

Hey Scarlett! Nice to see you again! smile

I've been working in my level project and I'm doing a lot of progress! I have begun working in the 3rd arena model. Btw Naomi is always one of the more challenging battle characters, I think you will love to see her fighting in the level. I will post more news soon.

I've also been working as "youtuber" so I basically I'm recording videos while working in the level, so hopefully some of you guys can learn some things from my work.

How has been going your oni project Scarlett?

That's my Naomi!!! I've been keeping track of your arena mod and i also saw the YouTube video of it. Awesome work s10k. I haven't gotten to my new project because my laptop went trash again so im gonna buy a new one instead. I have also been coming up with more mods ideas like the Trial of The Limit, where you are put to complete challenges in difficult ways, such as killing a boss by shooting, using stealth to assassinate a boss, beat a difficult boss in 1v1 combat, protect an npc from being killed by a boss, and so on. I can't wait to get working on these mods. By the way, is it possible to create a model from blender, MakeHuman and other modeling tools and convert them into models to be used in Oni? After reducing the polygon counts that is

Offline

#7 26/8/17 22:39

Scarlett
Member
From: Jamaica
Registered: 25/11/15

Re: I haven't been on in a while

Iritscen wrote:

Personally, my real life has been completely crazy and I've had no free time for anything at all.  Hoping that's going to change soon and I can start finishing up some Oni projects....

Sorry about that Iritscen sad I hope things will change soon for you to get more free time

Offline

#8 27/8/17 5:55

s10k
Member
From: Portugal
Registered: 14/1/07
Website

Re: I haven't been on in a while

By the way, is it possible to create a model from blender, MakeHuman and other modeling tools and convert them into models to be used in Oni? After reducing the polygon counts that is

I don't know. :S Have you searched in the wiki? Theoretically as long as these tools export to the oni's format (dae I guess?) they should work.

Offline

#9 27/8/17 8:28

Iritscen
Moderator
From: NC, USA
Registered: 22/10/07

Re: I haven't been on in a while

See http://wiki.oni2.net/Importing_character_models, particularly the "New models" section.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#10 28/8/17 23:06

EdT
Moderator
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 13/1/07
Website

Re: I haven't been on in a while

You can make the model in any program you want, but then you would need to get the model into Mod Tools to import to Oni.

Offline

#11 1/9/17 20:47

Scarlett
Member
From: Jamaica
Registered: 25/11/15

Re: I haven't been on in a while

Aaah thanks EdT smile i asked because I'm planning on creating a minotaur instead of an ape for my level. As yes, i can export it as dae format from MakeHuman and Blender. I just need to reduce the poly count because those programs makes  models with a lot of polygons.

And thanks iritscen for the link. Sure will check it out

Last edited by Scarlett (1/9/17 20:50)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB