Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 01/12/17 00:01

Nobody

Re: Oni remake

I'm a bit of a ghost on the forum, but I kind of want to throw my word into this topic.

The thing is, if your mindset is "why it will fail", your success coefficient will be equal to the survival coefficient of a jellyfish in a blast furnace. Rather we should think "how to make it work".

Take the stressed intellectual property issue for example. I am a lawyer (yes, I am a lawyer who plays video games, watches anime and spends his salary on 1k$ graphic cards). In my practice, intellectual property is always an issue up until such time as you sit down at the negotiation table and start talking, then it's suddenly an issue no longer. I can't help you with making the game, but give me something that can be used as a weapon in negotiations and I can try to negotiate with the intellectual property owners. I'm not going to promise miracles, but I know of several projects that happened in that way. The intel. prop. rights owners were approached with an interesting project that was skillfully defended by the creators and proved possible and the owners gave it green light and eventually even began supporting the creators with money and people.
-> A solution of the top of my head, but still.

The way I see it now, the real and fatal problem is that no one is sufficiently dedicated to the project. If we want it to happen, we have to be prepared to sacrifice a part of our lives to it in order to make it work no matter what the problems, otherwise it will remain a dream.

The first thing to do would be to start a recruitment topic. Not a general "let's talk about it". But a "we are doing it, who is going to help and what can you do?" I can start one, but I have minimal knowledge of how to actually make a game, someone who knows that stuff is needed, any volunteers?

One final thing I wanted to say is this. I love literature and stories in general, I have studied it and I write in my spare time although I have yet to make anything I would be fine with publishing (blame it on the fact that becoming a lawyer takes years of studies... not much time for other stuff). The way I see it, Oni is pretty much finished. Every story has an end. It may the beginning of a different story, but still. I would love to see a sequel to Oni that picks up where the game left off. But I have worked with the idea for years and I just can't see it as anything more then an amateurish, post-apocalyptic boulevard fiction. IMO that's the real reason why no sequel to Oni ever happened, there is just no story to tell with it. (I know some people tried writing some stuff but... I think of it the same thing I think of my own ideas.)
-> I am thus not sure that a sequel to Oni is actually even needed or is a good idea all together. It hurts to leave Konoko, but...
-> A different work in the same universe or a "spiritual" successor is of course possible but that's a different matter all together.

#27 01/12/17 14:01

paradox-01

> there is just no story to tell with it lol lol lol
You have to reverse engineer it wink then you get a hell lot of background story which can be used in return to create more, "future" information because the path has been cleared from all the story gaps fog. I believe the story has potential, you simply have work on that one.
For instance Kerr says: "Griffin [...] is a cold hearted man". Also there his TCTF file. Composing something out of this might become anything but you when take all the other open questions into account you can get a good story. There a lot of stuff waiting to be explored and connected... If you don't want a sequel maybe a prequel then? Muro's rise is untold.

> I just can't see it as anything more then an amateurish, post-apocalyptic boulevard fiction
> A different work in the same universe
Isn't a different story denied by your first argument that there can be only a post-apocalyptic future?
Definitive? No sequel?

> or a "spiritual" successor
I liked Oni for both, the story and the gameplay. I don't want to get rid of one of these elements.

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/12/17 15:01)

#28 01/12/17 19:01

Nobody

Haha! I shouldn't have written that between midnight and 1 am.

> A different work in the same universe : I actually meant a spin off and a spin off is always possible.

Now concerning a pure sequel that picks up where the story of the game left off. " Mankind as we knew it is doomed: the Chrysalis will change us all. Let's hope it's for the better."

I have studied all of the available information at length, including all of the data consoles and the diary entries and the dialogue (good thing it's all on the OniGalore web site). I have disassembled the story and the world, made charts and plans out of it and analyzed the different possible direction the story might go. I even had a couple people look at it with me.

The way I see it, the only possible plot for a direct sequel with Konoko as the protagonist is along the lines of "The remains of humanity are struggling to survive in a rapidly decaying world with the Chrysalis as their only hope." This is a most classical and used up post-apocalyptic plot. To make a story that wouldn't leave the impression of something pieced together from the million post-apocalyptic books out there is a challenge worthy of Alexandre Dumas, Leo Tolstoy and Jack London and even if such brilliant literary minds were to work on it, I still doubt the results.

One way of solving the problem is by creating interesting characters in an otherwise so-so world.

Another possible solution is to stretch and slightly alter the existing story by coming up with some kind new element that suddenly makes it possible for things to evolve in a different way. (Say James is still alive for example.) But this technique always leaves a bad after taste, it's like the author is desperately trying to continue a work he had concluded.

I admit that there is sufficient raw material in the world of ONI to, with a great deal of work, make a good (average) sequel (story) to ONI, but to make it into a story that will strike the heart and the mind and be remembered and relived for years to come, I highly doubt that. Thus I am not sure it's a good idea to do it at all. If at the stage of planning I conclude that the final result will be mediocre at best, I think it wise to abandon it then and there rather then waste time on it.

I know I sound a bit harsh, sorry, but the only way to write a good book / story is to be, first and foremost, diabolically harsh on yourself and criticize everything you write to death, otherwise you will end up falling victim to the delusion of "I wrote a great work". 

As a quick example, the world of the "Lord of the Rings" has ample material to make as many sequels and spin offs as you like. But all attempts to do it have yielded, forgive the expression, crap... Having material isn't enough.

That's what I think. You are free to disagree lol! If you can create an excellent story as a direct sequel to ONI, I will be the first to congratulate you!

#29 01/13/17 14:01

paradox-01

Can you trust her?
Condensing: Your biggest concern about a sequel is the post-apocalyptic setting which is based on that one statement of Konoko.
> Mankind as we knew it is doomed: the Chrysalis will change us all. Let's hope it's for the better."

Don't trust that TCTF trained guinea pig. ~chuckles~
Educated with finest WCG propaganda. Isolated from other children and the outside world most of the time. Someone that would prefers the world's destruction in place of negotiations with Muro - even if it's just to buy time - must be nuts (or doesn't know it better due to indoctrination). Can you trust such a person? She stands in one burnt city and claims only the Daodan can help. She has no clue and sees only what made her strong.

Fix the apocalypse
> Another possible solution is to stretch and slightly alter the existing story by coming up with some kind new element that suddenly makes it possible for things to evolve in a different way.

No need to invent anything.
> You have found a possible weakness in Muro's plan. If the Sturmanderung Pulse can be activated before all the orbital transmitters are aligned, some of the Atmospheric Conversion Centers will survive.

To sum it up: not all countrysides have ACCs and abusing the activation sequence will even save some. I only see a 50%-effective apocalypse. smile

> The World Coalition Government realizes the extent of the ecological damage and has the ability to reverse a lot of it but has decided not to. It is in their best interest to maintain the centralization of wealth so the large population centers are preserved while "third world" regions are not

The TCTF's job is to fight and prevent tech crimes. Their second task is to control prohibited tech e.g. by running the TCTF science prisons.
After (Konoko's overdramatized) ACC destruction the TCTF would be forced to disclose their gathered knowledge. If they refuse the angry mob will pay them a visit. One obvious demand could be to mass-produce SLDs to do all the outdoor work.

That's why I think that a sequel doesn't necessarily need to be totally post-apocalyptic.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Also (again), questioning and improving other points won't hurt.
* The Sturnanderung plan itself it nuts too, there are missing points. But the main problem here? Muro raids Vago in last minute "to steal experimental gene surgery equipment." Really? *Who* says said? Shinatama?
Daodan implantation is a core element in Muro's plan. Quite late bro. I would expect the Syndicate to already have that technology. Indeed the implantation is listed before worldwide ACC upgrades (which probably took months or even a few years).

Tertiary Stage:
9) Daodan core technology (ref.TITAN\uwlb)
10) STURMANDERUNG mountain compound construction
11) Symbiote candidate selection and implantation

<<<Tertiary Stage: COMPLETE>>>

They are done with implantation.

Not only statements should be questions, also actual technology notes so that we don't run into later pitfalls.
* Shields: you can't see magnetic and electric fields
* Plasma rifle: plasma can't accelerate itself nor would it stay in shape unless it is hold together by something

Such errors steal attention from the actual story.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope that wasn't too off-topic. I just felt that also unpopular options should be mentioned before you make a final decision.

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/14/17 06:01)

#30 02/04/17 16:02

ltemplar

Guess what I find when exploring the internet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItobLIJJMY
It seams there was planed sequel after all(they even have early prototype witch one playable level for it), yet never finished, so statement that there is "no more story to by told" is false.

Regarding the possible community ONi game like project.
I don't like to repeat myself but the majority of "why its not created yet" lays in fact that there is no solid vision how this new game/sequel should even look like. As Iretscene mentioned to much lone wolfs around here unfortunately.

Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (02/04/17 17:02)

#31 02/04/17 18:02

Iritscen

Hi ltemplar, nice to see that you still visit.  We actually have a thread about that video and the canceled sequel here: http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3029

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#32 02/04/17 18:02

ltemplar

Oh.. well then my bad.
Sorry for the confusion.

Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (02/04/17 18:02)

#33 02/04/17 21:02

Iritscen

It's no problem, just doing my housekeeping duties as a moderator.  (By the way, there's over a dozen levels that you can play in the prototype, not just one.)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#34 08/28/17 06:08

semicloud

i am replying to this thread cause i see some interest, took 2 years for me to get the answers i wanted according the hierogyphic time stamp on these forums. there seem to be a 2 year gap in response, which is awesome i weird. so i will expound further on this.

i'm not the type of person that post things none chalantly, i don't make random post.  this was something i made was the Blender game engine.

so basically, the graphics is gona be similar to this here, this is

note i just whipped the model for demonstration. I can do a way more high poly version and it can as detailed as the modeler wanted to be.

konoko

this is a live game engine view game render. this is how exactly the graphics will look the game engine

konoko

it's not difficult to add physics and logic to this.

ONi 2: how it would be different

ONi had some great ideas, but some ideas the developers didn't have time to implement. 

Be interesting to see climbing mechanics like tomb raider legend. Now, imagine that but way better. Think Oni kombat but climbing on steroids. to climb on a wall or something. u jump like regular. but, u press the punch button as u jump, konoko grabs a ledge.
again, that's keeping everything consistent with control. that jump punch isn't really used that much anyway.

vehicles are easy. ctrl to engage and ctrl again to dismount. mouse to pivot. again, consistent with existing controls.

more creative puzzles. climbing puzzles, bars wings like tomb raider legend but way better cause the Oni controls are insane.
so we are talking a system probably where u can reverse back flip crap and jump hop unto something. the simplicity of control give that.

so basically, Oni 2 should only be made when it offers significant advancement.

by those 2 points alone, there should be a remake.

one issue i see with Oni is the dumbed down auto block. now, in fighting games like Doa, u press back to block. but in oni, u move backwards.

now, oni can be a serious fighting game if u replaced the back move with block. but u sacrifice the ability for her to reverse. which i contemplated.

because, u want to advance the fighting system as well. a auto block is really dumbed down for me.

anyways, i can't fit all the points here in one post. i just want to see if there is any interest in this.

#35 08/28/17 08:08

paradox-01

> note i just whipped the model for demonstration. I can do a way more high poly version and it can as detailed as the modeler wanted to be.

> it's not difficult to add physics and logic to this.

Make a short youtube video about it? :3

I agree with you that physics and controls are more important. In fact I found they are Oni's most appealing aspects besides the story.

> auto block is really dumbed down for me

Meh... Let's say you are in the middle of a heavy kick but then want to block an incoming attack. In real life this won't  really work. And I have the feeling Oni should be the same. When you missed your chance to block, well, you missed it. A block button won't change that. Or does it? (Maybe let's ignore Oni 1 for a while... just concentrate on this new thing? texture the cube, make Konoko move forward on W, setup a trigger volume to show a text message?)

Yes, I would like to see more of this blender experiment/project/whatever this is.
What do you want to do now?

#36 08/28/17 12:08

semicloud

auto block is dumbed down. after u playing a technical fighting game like DOA, u will see wat i'm talking about.

any fighting game, side view, tecken, soul calibur all have manual block. imagine if those game implemented auto block.

yes, obvious, u can't kick and block at the same time. but i'm talking about when u idle, it blocks automatically. but every other fighting game, u get killed if u don't block. 

it's really dumbed down. go to airport level. face the enemy. let go of all controls. the ai just punch at u and kick, and it auto block everything. it's really dumbed down.

main issue is u sacrifice the back run if i replace the back with block. but i think it's worth it. if make block another button, i would be too complicated for the control skim. 

another thing somewhere mentioned is weapon balance in this forum. if i would make this game again, i would make weapons way more dangerous. for instance, a direct hit from the pistol would take out 1/3 of your health.  a pistol shot to the head would probably take u down to 10 percent health. a sniper shot to the head will kill you. grenades, will pretty much kill you at 15 percent.

if u take a direct blast u die obviously. ammo will be much more scarce cause it's more combat and stealth based, this remake at least.

but, there can be levels where u just purely shoot through

also,  a cover system. makes it interesting. 

so imagine factory level where some striker has automatic pistol. basically, u get hit by those, ur dead. forces you to use stealth and strategy because weapon have high risk. as before, u can just cement truck through the level.

climbing mechanic obviously, puzzles.

i want to run this by the community to see if i anyone would be interested in this type of remake

i want to see wat everyone think about it before i go any further with it.

#37 08/28/17 13:08

s10k
Website

I agree with you semicloud. Autoblock is weird imo. I would also prefer a dedicated key to block enemies attacks.

#38 08/28/17 14:08

paradox-01

Yea fine whatever.

Just note that you won't lure me old cat from behind the oven anymore by pure talk about theory.

#39 08/28/17 14:08

semicloud

got one person agree with me on a dedicated block button. there best solution is use the back button as block. this will sacrifice konoko ability to move backwards. i think it's a necessary sacrifice for the advancement of the combat system. i don't see any other viable solution.

also, i am thinking implement doa style combat system.

in doa, u have wat i call a rest pose which is basically helena, character to the right scooping down. to get in this position, u can either transition into it with a combo or just pressing two button in Doa. so wat's cool about this is in this position u have access to different moves.

to have konoko get in this position, u can perform something like punch punch, and shift punch. i forgot how doa does it but it can be directly translated to pc control scheme.

doa is probably has the most sophisticated and stylistically aesthetic combat system, why not incorporate it into a game that offer 3d combat.

maxresdefault.jpg

i was curious why there wasn't so much interest in the pierre konoko payne project. it was really promising. my main issue with it is it provides no significant advancement in gameplay. plus, a personal engine like that is probably hard to collaborate on as with blender game engine there is alot of open documentation on it.

no, there was earlier post about lack of coherent vision. i definitely have a coherent vision. i just spent a post talking about the details of control scheme alone.

the climbing mechanics is pretty much fleshed out. it's comparable to tomb raider legend. this was hashed in earlier post.

this is a fan remake, but it's going to offer significant advances in each category.

this is not a theory bro. this is the blue print to the stealth fighter with everything being technically specific as where you can read my specs and implement it exactly

basically, u have to decide on how the game is going to play exactly before you build it. that's why architectures have a detail drawing of a house before the build it. i'm giving you my plans to see what you think.

Last edited by semicloud (08/28/17 15:08)

#40 08/28/17 16:08

paradox-01

I hope I won't piss anyone off with this: I simply think people are more consumers than producers these days - including myself - ha, getting older adds to it.

There are many aspects to Konoko Payne we could talk abound. But I will simply shorten this and exaggerate: beside other stuff, it also had legal issues (not entirely free engine) and it attracted not many other coders just like any other project - because they were all different - either in language or goals or or or. In that aspect I'm only semi-optimistic that a blender will do better. it would mean writing the engine from scratch. Lagaru, Script10k posted on the other thread, felt too much ragdoll/kong-fu-ish to me. EdT could give some details about character import here. I don't remember why that Lugaru Oni2 idea died. You could possibly dig up the thread.

If you want to add block-on-keypress to your Blender Oni (or even Oni1), fine, really, just do it. I just don't care if it is block or auto-block. smile

My problem isn't that you have plans - or no plan.
All I meant to say was that I don't get all fired up when you can't feed us with the basics. Actual gamemaking stuff. Tutorials. If you - we - whatever - can't even reproduce the Oni basic features in blender I have zero hope for a blender based Oni 2.

There was that Unity guy here who reproduced Oni1 to - I dunno, let me lie - 33 % (engine) plus the warehouse level. That was impressive. Yet that project died.

If you want to do something, provide that something with tutorials so others are more likely to join.

Last edited by paradox-01 (08/28/17 16:08)

#41 08/28/17 17:08

semicloud

i'm just trying to see if there is an interest in a remake. if nobody cares about it, there is no point doing one. an example would be how little interest pierre project aroused as it seems.

plus, it's not a remake. it more like ONi 2 because it's gona be better. i already mentioned a more in depth combat system, climbing, vehicles, and puzzles. i'm trying to see if wat interest is.

i'm running the idea by you because i havent' hashed out the story line yet. but i think i settled on an art direction. what u guys thinking about a high poly version of everything.

69be443e290f3bd51cfa928ab31c8409.jpg

problem with a game being ONi 2 is i pretty much have to make the story line where the original Oni left off. or i could just re imagine the game story line with basically the same premise but redo everything.

so with this Oni 2. i will do it with konoko starting off in the warehouse. but that would be closer to a remake, but it's not a remake.
probably be better if i did a remake with the same levels so people can see the difference in design. that's wat i mite do.

i could call it Oni Reborn. cause it's not exactly a sequel. it's more a remagining with improvement in everything.

Last edited by semicloud (08/28/17 18:08)

#42 08/28/17 18:08

paradox-01

> i'm running the idea by you because i havent' hashed out the story line yet. but i think i settled on an art direction. what u guys thinking about a high poly version of everything.

Be be fair, with that orange elements it could be WCG/TCTF but as for the whole other "everything" ... that's pretty speculative ... I mean everyone might imagine the rest differently. As for that one model, I somehow don't like the helmet but the rest looks fairly ok. ( God thanks, no high heels wink )

#43 08/28/17 18:08

semicloud

yeah, i ripped that pic of internet. it's by implication the tctf logo be branded on it. i'm just showing wat art direction i'm going for and the level of complexity in model i'm "planning"

basically, i'm thinking of calling it ONi ReBorn because it's gona be a remake of the original ONI with better graphics and improved gameplay.

so basically, the first level is gona start in the warehouse like the original. story is kinda gona be the same with Muro the syndicate. but the ending is going to be different. i'm not gona spoil it though.

that way, you guys can see the different and advancement in game play comparing to the original. like more detailed level design, high poly characters. climbing puzzles.

the climbing is gona be the exciting part because the original Oni doesn't have it. also, more interesting puzzles. vehicles hopefully.

the interesting part is gona see how i can keep the feel of the original but also advancing it.

like i said, i wouldn't do a Oni Reborn if it doesn't offer any advancement or new ideas.

Last edited by semicloud (08/28/17 18:08)

#44 08/28/17 18:08

paradox-01

The question that runs now in my mind is: how many interested people to you want to rise hands here before this gets "real"?

#45 08/28/17 18:08

paradox-01

Also, what are your concerns about the IP? Things might get spicy as progress is made and revealed to social media...

#46 08/28/17 18:08

s10k
Website

semicloud that model looks pretty cool.

imo I think it would be easier to create a sequel (not a remake, personally I would prefer the sequel) using the existing engine and mod tools.  I know it will be limited by the engine but in counter part you will have most of the stuff already present in the engine and that would speed up much the development.

I am thinking in something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntwR94J6iM

That guy basically used alex kidd 1 engine to create his vision of the sequel, he made the levels, story etc all with base in it.

Some time ago the community talked about doing the BGi level that would be great start point imo.

Of course that creating a pure sequel could bring in copyright issues, so probably you would want to do something more like a spiritual successor.

btw these are just some random ideas of mine. Time to go to sleep. smile

#47 08/28/17 18:08

semicloud

u have already demonstrated more interest in the subject than I expected. even if i can get input from one person, that's powerful.

it's already getting real.

you seen the gameplay, storyline, mechanics pretty much. that's how i plan to do it exactly. you seen the art direction. you already know the back run is probably gona be a block button. you already now wat the name of the game is gona be. you already know wat the first level is gona be kinda of.

notice i just worked out the specific of storyline and art direction based on input from just you.

now, i'm deciding how exactly i'm going to lay out the first level and the story line and the puzzles i'm going to use. i'm thinking of a routine mission like the first one having the syndicate try to run off with some weapons.

the first level is probably gona lay out like a ware house, very basic. but the distinguishing feature is more detailed level design, not by that much cause it is just a ware house, and it is just the first level.

the first level gona have a more high poly konoko as presented in the previous concept shot. now, there is going to be climbing puzzles you already know. knonoko will be able to shimmer ledges. pull and push boxes probably. throw switches. maybe ladders. don't know if that's gona be in the first level.

probably mild gun play but in keeping with my plans weapon damage is gona be brutal. 3-4 shots from a pistol, your dead. so you have to use stealth and disarm techniques effectively.

as far as IP, the whole idea behind the project is doing a reborn where people can identify with something they are familiar with. plus, Oni is an obscure game. i mean, this forum is pretty much dead. i think it's an over estimate to say it's gona get that much publicity on social media figuring most plp haven't even heard of the game. be different if i was doing a mario remake or something.

a remake of a game that most people haven't even played, wiki attribute it only selling 75,000 copy. plus, any publicity is good publicity. worse case they shut this project down but it's a long shot i feel like for game selling 75,000 copy. if anything, this game probably help the original game sell more. it's a compliment to get even hit with a cease decist because it's like saying you are actually doing something. somehow, i don't think the creator of oni are hovering over obscure forums for project like this.

plus, how u know this game will even be spicy. it might be an epic failure like pierre project or worse not even measure up to wat he did. lol

be really funny if they cease decist order on a screen shot i pulled off google and some "theory" game play. i think that's an over reaction.

Last edited by semicloud (08/28/17 19:08)

#48 08/28/17 23:08

EdT
Website

I wish you success with your project. It sounds like it will be fun to play.

EDIT: Concerning Konoko Payne, Pierre had to give the project up after he upgraded to Win 7 and could no longer use 3DS Max.

#49 08/29/17 00:08

semicloud

thanks edt. i was expecting more interest in the project. i want this game to be better than the original. basically, i want everybody talking and raving about the game. that's my goal. i want the game to feel like a sequel.

blender is cross platform and works on all version of windows. that's why i chose it. it's lightweight, amble documentation. i won't have that problem of it phasing out.

i guess now, it's time to get serious. petal to the metal.

guess i will post my progress here. i'm not gona reveal how konoko will exactly look like yet, but i'm teasing you with the style i'm going for. the level of complexity

c8a0579663a37f3da0438068018dbdc1--art-tips-art-ideas.jpg

i'm gona keep in style with the original ware house level style custom for sake of reference most likely but up the details probably for nostalgia.

the first step would decide on the exact look which i pretty much have done. then, it would to be model it in blender. no imports when u add physics because the game engine is built in.

now, i am brain storming exactly how the first level is layout, type of puzzles, enemies, physics needed. this is how i work.

so the first level according was a infiltration mission according to wikipedia about Oni of a syndicate owned warehouse. i don't have the original game anymore so i don't remember the exact plot. now i have go off memory and wiki to see wat's going on.

but the plot is vague here cause i was watch youtube playthrough. griffins tells konoko to find chung and find evidence to shut this place down. get the find chung part, but wat does it mean to gather evidence to shut this place down?

seem very vague. so i may have to re write the story here to make sense.

so my idea is still keep the intro cinematic where griffins orders konoko, and still have her go through the window. but maybe have her start from the outside and work her way in.

now, since the user don't know the control schemes of her exact move, i may still need a training level.

so the first level may just be a training level, not the warehouse

but i would have to design the ware house level first to know wat moves she is training for. or just have the ware house level be the training level. this is interesting.

so i would kinda have to lay out the ware house level and they figure out wat goes into the training level.

Last edited by semicloud (08/29/17 00:08)

#50 08/29/17 02:08

ltemplar

New project ...interesting.

To semicloud

Regarding game mechanic:
1)Back blocking will be terrible idea in my opinion because there will be no strategic retreat or back run moves (and if the shooting mechanic will be the same as in original then this will be even more troublesome for the player). So in my opinion the auto blocking should stay or add new buton for it(this or complete rebuilding of the H2H mechanic).
2)Deadly weapons . I don't want to talk about it to much so I will say only one thing. The more deadlier the weapon is the less H2H player will use. This or its rarity will drop to unbelievable/unrealistic  level to balans things out.
3)Stealth mechanic - interesting concept , but if ONI 2(or whatever the game will be called) suppose to be the spiritual successor/sequel , then I'm afraid that this should be limited to (oni is action game not the sneak game).
4)More complex H2H - You mean by that adding more cobos, special attacks or something else(different throwing for example)?Could You elaborate this a bit more?

To sum it up:
This is how I imagine playing this game after hearing Your ideas. Player will start witch the pistol (or other weapon). Going closer to enemy is suicidal - because 3 shoots mean game over so player will shoot till ammo depleted. Then he start sneaking(without other options)  to come closer to disarm ... But instead do stealth kill move like in other games in the  same theme he will be forced to do Oni style H2H ....which means If he will not be successful in the first try to disarm (and really fast because others may come...)then Its practically game over (because 3 shoots I'm death or even one if it hit the head). Tell me then how many room for error you leave for the player? Because in current state this will be all over "death again" scenario , which in short time will frustrate even the most hardcore players.

Just think about it.
Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (08/29/17 02:08)

Board footer