Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/06/17 16:07

s10k
Website

forcing fighting pose

Hey guys,

Do you have any idea how to force a character to play the fighting pose? I don't want to make it attack another character, I just want the fighting pose animation.

#2 07/06/17 19:07

Delano762
Website

Re: forcing fighting pose

There are console commands to play specified animations. (I think)

http://ssg.oni2.net/commands.htm#player

Try using chr_animate, and if that fails, maybe sc_bind_f2.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#3 07/07/17 08:07

s10k
Website

Hi Delano762 thanks for trying to help.

I've tried to find the animation name to make them posing but I couldn't. Ideally it would be a generic way to do it, so the fight pose would be the correct one for the type of character playing it.

sc_bind_f2 as I understand correctly is related with key bindings so it is not a option for me because I want the character to "animate itself" using scripting not with the help of key presses.

#4 07/08/17 05:07

paradox-01

Bite that sour apple. Clone the COMbat idle animations and rename them with any naming convention you like to ease scripting, e.g. ###arena_pose. And remove the combat mode condition (variant) in TRAM header.

#5 07/08/17 13:07

s10k
Website

Actually Delano762 idea works pretty well.

You just need to specify the number of frames that you want the animation to play. Example:
"chr_animate 0 TANCOMidle1 5000"

the frames number is the key because if you do just "chr_animate 0 TANCOMidle1" the animation doesn't play at all.

However your idea paradox-01 gave me a great idea, I think I can create a custom TRAC where normal idle animations are replaced by the combat ones, that would be perfect for my case because I wouldn't need to call chr_animate each time. I'm gonna try that.

#6 07/08/17 16:07

paradox-01

Heh kundos in figuring out a forced way.

#7 07/09/17 06:07

s10k
Website

Yeah worked like a charm. It was a bit of work putting all together since I needed to mess with ONCC, ONCV, ONLV, TRAC and TRAM files for some characters but final result is perfect, exactly what I wanted.

Thank you very much guys!

Board footer