Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/07/17 20:03

Wabisuke
Website

Trying to run this at 4K with no luck.

Hello, it's been a while! I haven't been on this forum in years. smile
I've gotten around to finally trying mods for Oni, and I installed Anniversary Edition (although I had issues installing Glass Breaking Moves mod, it gets stuck at patching XML files and I have to force close the application, does anyone have this issue as well?). I have a 1080p screen, and I thought nVidia DSR would be enough for the game to recognize 4K resolution, but it didn't so I put the screen in 4K and I'm getting some really weird issues. The game looks like this, in both windowed and fullscreen modes: http://imgur.com/a/BZTPE
Is it possible to play this game in 4K or should I just max supersampling in nVidia Control Panel and be satisfied with that?

alice_nine.jpg

#2 03/08/17 09:03

Iritscen

Re: Trying to run this at 4K with no luck.

Hmm, I don't know if anyone's tried 4K before!  I don't have any experience with this personally, but I don't think Oni can handle HiDPI displays.  There is an issue that shows up for some Windows users that actually requires disabling HiDPI scaling (see here).  As for Oni's built-in resolution options, those might be hardcoded in Windows or the Daodan DLL.  On the Mac, they come from polling the display device, but I'm still not sure what would happen to Oni if it tried to run in a super-high resolution.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 03/08/17 09:03

Iritscen

As far as your Glass Breaking Moves problem, that one is new to me.  Now, the mod does take a while to install, though on a fast computer it shouldn't be more than 30 seconds (probably a lot less, but I haven't timed it recently).  If you're sure that it's not just taking a while, then what I would suggest is, after the AE Installer hangs while installing mods, re-open the AEI and choose "Help>Request help...".  That will send us your AE-related logs, which will probably show what went wrong.

#4 03/09/17 21:03

Wabisuke
Website

Yep, disabling HiDPI scaling worked! The game works at 4K now, but I've still forced and maxed out anti-aliasing and supersampling in nVidia Control Panel. This is basically how the game looks now with a few graphics mods installed, the HUD and menus are tiny big_smile http://imgur.com/a/xpl5k

Okay, I will try and send the logs. Thanks for your help!

alice_nine.jpg

#5 03/10/17 08:03

Iritscen

Ha, nice.  I knew the HUD would be tiny, but that's ridiculous smile  Glad it works, though.  I'll watch for the logs to come in.

Board footer