Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 02/07/17 09:02

Iritscen

Re: Creating the Lair - A level tutorial

It seems like Oni's existing console textures are named in all-caps, even though in the game data they are not fully capitalized, e.g. "_con_INACTIVE" in the BINA data, but the actual file is TXMP_CON_INACTIVE.  Maybe try putting your new TXMP's name in all-caps too?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#102 02/07/17 13:02

paradox-01

Iritscen is right. Oni is looking for capitalized screen tex files.

In a test the DamocleZ in xml was found only after the file was changed from DamocleZ to DAMOCLEZ.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139 … s_txmp.png

If you see a wrecked image use level x instead of 0. ^_^'
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139 … evel_x.png

Last edited by paradox-01 (02/07/17 13:02)

#103 02/07/17 16:02

s10k
Website

Holy crap! Thanks guys! I would never figure that out. :S

Paradox I am using now these images in the level specific folder, thanks a lot.

Now another thing that is bugging me is how do I get my console look like this (lvl 1 sp1):
console_without_weird_texture.png

instead of like yours (without that yellow/green texture as border):
weird_texture_console.png

Any idea?

Last edited by s10k (02/07/17 16:02)

#104 02/08/17 01:02

paradox-01

The picture is quite dark so I'm not sure what the problem is. Either you have to add vertex shading (which is always missing when cons is imported via class) or the screen isn't wide enough. In the later case you export the cons as xml (with dae) and edit it. Then save as new class or overwrite the existing one.

Vertex shading cannot  be saved in classes. You would have to import cons geom via master file and add cons cjbo oni by hand.

There used to be vs import but not with onisplit.
http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD:OBLS
For animated doors there is no known work around.

Last edited by paradox-01 (02/08/17 01:02)

#105 02/08/17 15:02

paradox-01

Okay recolor a console to see the difference. Also, it was a surprise that the screen comes completely black.
The session is summarized here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139 … hading.png

#106 02/08/17 16:02

s10k
Website

Thanks paradox so if I understood correctly I must put a vertex shading with black color in the screen of the console. Can I do that with just xml and onisplit? Or do I need XSI?

I will look at OBLS, does the console0 looks automatically for a OBLS file to texture the screen or do I need to link them manually?

Last edited by s10k (02/08/17 16:02)

#107 02/08/17 17:02

paradox-01

Err no. Re-read. There is no OBLS import nowadays.
You have to add it yourself with xsi - or find a way with sketchup. (?) https://forums.sketchup.com/t/import-of … dels/27706
Even if you manage to add vertex shading to sketchup, it is unknown whether OniSplit supports such shaded sketchup dae.
Right now your best chance would be xsi.

IIRC, AKEV xml cannot be reconverted to oni.
So, another reason to use xsi - because it has to be done via dae.
As you say, edit the screen geometry's vertex color in xsi.

I know xsi doesn't run very well over there. Maybe just ignore that VS problem? smile

#108 02/08/17 18:02

s10k
Website

Thanks I will look at this tomorrow. Maybe, maybe I can just edit the original oni console0 (TXMP_CONSOLE_A_01) texture to remove the green/yellow border (black it out).

That way I wouldn't need to play with vertex shading. (my XSI always fails when importing dae files)

#109 02/09/17 00:02

paradox-01

Heh good thinking.

#110 02/09/17 14:02

s10k
Website

Awesome! The editing texture trick worked perfectly!

Where is the result:
BlackConsoleWithCustomTexture.png

Thank you very much for the help Paradox.

For anyone who is interested I will left here the texture that I edited and the custom console class:
http://script10k.oni2.net/onibungieforu … _BLACK.png

http://script10k.oni2.net/onibungieforu … 0BLACK.xml

The console class needs to go to level0.

Last edited by s10k (02/10/17 06:02)

#111 02/10/17 06:02

s10k
Website

P.S.: Sorry paradox, I used "Thanks a bunch" instead of "Thank you very much" since I thought they meant the same. But seems that in Briton the phrase has a different meaning than in US, anyway I have just replaced it for the correct term.

#112 02/10/17 12:02

paradox-01

All ok. Don't worry.

#113 02/25/17 18:02

s10k
Website

s10k wrote:

I don't know. Maybe the problem is my level0 data file being different than yours? Maybe...

Anyway right now I will ignore this problem and just stick with 0.9.68, works just fine for me and also auto fixes texture problems.

If anybody else run into the same problem we should investigate more. smile

Needed to go back to this problem (I need some features of newer onisplit which aren't available in the older 0.9.68 version).

I figured out which differences are causing my oni to crash, it is the AKEV*.oni file that the newer versions of OniSplit are creating (when using a BNV dae created from Sketchup), seems they aren't compatible with my Oni.

Right now as workaround I am using the AKEV*.oni created by OniSplit 0.9.68, the remaining files are from 0.9.96.

Here is the AKEV*.oni from 0.9.68 and 0.9.96 if you want to check the differences (they from a sample level which has a very simple bnv):
http://script10k.oni2.net/onibungieforu … le0968.oni
http://script10k.oni2.net/onibungieforu … le0996.oni

I'm gonna investigate more tomorrow or if I can't in another day.

#114 02/25/17 19:02

paradox-01

s10k wrote:

I found why I was having problems with the ghosts quads. I was using the OniSplit version 0.9.96.0 which comes with the latest Vago, when I exported the BNV dae in Sketchup, unselecting "Triangulate All Faces" and "Export Texture Maps" and then imported with OniSplit Oni crashed at 5% / 10% level loading screen.

wiki: "If the game crashes while loading (at ca. 5-10% progress), check if all textures were inside the "out" folder."

When you compare the two akev file you can see different texture lists.
With OniSplit 96 import, I strongly suggest you check your out folder for these:

TXMPnotfoundtex
TXMPmaterial_8
TXMP_marker_ghost

#115 02/26/17 07:02

s10k
Website

Thank you very much paradox! That seems to be the issue. Now 0.9.96 works with the commands:

onisplit96 -create:level out sample.xml
onisplit96 -import:pc out level5_Final.dat

However the master xml command (using vago) seem to produce a dat without all the textures this is my master xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Oni>
    <Level SharedPath="classes">
    <Environment>
        <Model>
            <Import>sample.dae</Import>
        </Model>
        <Rooms>
            <Import>bnv_sample.dae</Import>
        </Rooms>
    </Environment>
	<Sky>sunset</Sky>
    <Objects>
        <Import>BINACJBOCharacter.xml</Import>
		<Import>BINACJBOFlag.xml</Import>
		<Import>BINACJBOFlag.xml</Import>
		<Import>BINACJBOPatrol Path.xml</Import>
		<Import>BINACJBONeutral.xml</Import>
    </Objects>
</Level>
</Oni>

How do I link it with the "out" folder? I've tried to put all the txmp in the classes folders but doesn't work.

btw Vago is using the commands:

-create:level "C:/games/Oni/AE/GameDataFolder/" "C:/Users/home/Documents/Oni Dev/sample/sample.xml"
-import:nosep "C:/games/Oni/AE/GameDataFolder/" "C:/games/Oni/AE/GameDataFolder/level5_Final.dat"

Last edited by s10k (02/26/17 08:02)

#116 02/26/17 08:02

s10k
Website

Ok I found the problem after talking with paradox in instant messaging. With 0.9.96 we need to have all TXMP.oni files in the out directory in my case it was "C:/games/Oni/AE/GameDataFolder/", you can even create a subfolder with the extra textures if you want, OniSplit will still pick them up.

Thank you guys for all the help solving this problem, time to get back to work. wink

#117 02/26/17 10:02

Iritscen

Glad it's working for you now.  Just make sure you guys document all your discoveries on the wiki, so that those of us who follow after you can benefit smile

#118 02/26/17 12:02

paradox-01

Like Script already guessed I had a modified level0. With same AE levelN files, his Oni was crashing, mine not.
Full story: I have a level23 (I forgot why, from 2012 ^_^ ) in the vanilla directory, whenever AE needs a clean up it reads and globalizes the TXMPs and put the marker from vanilla lvl23 into AE lvl0. (Only custom levels have a ghost marker texture.)

Actually the information about the problematic markers was already there http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:ONLV#Level_imp … .9.82.0.2B

Reading walls of text isn't sexy, we really need a tool to check the pitfalls.

About other textures not copying into the out folder: I tested a level with mixed dae files (from xsi and sketchup). When a texture.oni file isn't appearing in the out folder it's because only the texture or the dae were moved. The dae refers to the texture so you need to preserve their relation (relative file path).

Last edited by paradox-01 (02/26/17 13:02)

#119 02/26/17 16:02

Iritscen

Gee, if only there was a more organized, self-contained way to create mods than making .dat files directly... tongue

#120 02/27/17 18:02

s10k
Website

Guys I'm now trying to create a moveable object, I've created the following "Physics.xml" file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Oni>
   <Physics>
       <Object Name="boxing_bag">
           <ScriptId>1</ScriptId>
           <Physics>Newton</Physics>
           <Flags>FaceCollision</Flags>
           <Import Path="boxing_bag_obj.dae" />
       </Object>
   </Physics>
</Oni>

File gets imported successfuly, however ingame the object has no collision (using obj_create 1 command). Any idea why? I've looked at the wiki but I haven't found a solution. Using OniSplit 0.9.96.

#121 02/27/17 20:02

Iritscen

Back in 2011, I made a mod which adds a sphere object to Warehouse that you can push around (remember this video?).  I don't remember how it works, but at a glance the OBOA seems to have the same settings as you listed above.  If you're interested, I put my test package here: http://iritscen.oni2.net/temp/99900TestSphere.zip .  It's so old that I don't know if it will work in the AEI, but you can at least examine the files.

#122 02/27/17 22:02

EdT
Website

EDIT: Perhaps your model is too smooth, so that the face of a polygon is too small to register a collision.

I could use the generic chair as a movable object, however, at certain angles I can go through the chair.

<Object Name="F_generic_chair_0">
        <ScriptId>1</ScriptId>
        <Flags>FaceCollision</Flags>
        <Physics>Newton</Physics>
        <Position>2100 895 -3203</Position> 
        <Rotation>0 0 0</Rotation> 
        <Import Path="objects/F_generic_chair_0.dae" />
</Object>

Note: I created a directory names objects and the chair dae and its textures were in that directory.

#123 02/28/17 07:02

s10k
Website

This is the object that I'm trying to import. I don't know if the faces are too smooth, how can I change them to work as intended? I've used sketchup 2016 to create it:
http://script10k.oni2.net/onibungieforu … ag_obj.zip

Edit:
Iritscen that's nice. Your mod still works. Dunno what is wrong with my model. Seems it doesn't have a sphere around:
Oni%202017-02-28%2013-16-28-32.png

Maybe it is to tiny? I will try with a bigger size (well I already tried before but I will make it even bigger to see if it is that)

Last edited by s10k (02/28/17 08:02)

#124 02/28/17 08:02

EdT
Website

Interesting... Oni crashes when I tried to add the boxing bag,  I will investigate later.

One thing I noticed about the model, several faces are not front facing polygons.  Have you tried to push the bag from different angles? Perhaps, the back facing polygons do not register a collision.

#125 02/28/17 09:02

s10k
Website

EdT wrote:

Interesting... Oni crashes when I tried to add the boxing bag,  I will investigate later.

Maybe missing textures? You have in the zip a folder with the texture.

Have you tried to push the bag from different angles? Perhaps, the back facing polygons do not register a collision.

I have tried from different angles but the model doesn't seem to have any collisions at all.

Also tried increase the model size with no avail.

Last edited by s10k (02/28/17 09:02)

Board footer