Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/04/14 10:09

angelalex22
Website

I can't install Oni and AE..Someon ?..help ?

i Can't install oni...i download it and i did the setup...and if i open the game,after the anime intro it tells me oni.exe has stopped working...i tried running AE,i run the setup,and it installs and after is finished,when it shows the finish button, it tells me this like an error pop-up "This Program has to be placed in the subfolder AE/installer/bin inside a vanilla a oni folder.The full path of the .jar-file has to be OniFolder/AE/AEInstaller/Bin/AEInstaller2.jar" and if i install it in the OniFolder/AE/AEInstaller/Bin/AEInstaller2.jar it doesn't let me cuz there is no oni.exe...omg,im confused,anyone can make a video tutorial or just tell me here how to fix this...i just want to play the old oni on hard dificulty and enjoy oni again sad

*i run AE installer,it tells me the same error again
*the internet connection i used for AE is the first one..i think is direct connection

So...Help...

Last edited by angelalex22 (09/04/14 11:09)

"Sometimes..dreams come true...even nightmares"

#2 09/04/14 13:09

angelalex22
Website

Re: I can't install Oni and AE..Someon ?..help ?

Also,if you didn't understand a part,please tell me,i try to explain it better beacuse my english isn't that good xD

#3 09/04/14 13:09

angelalex22
Website

Yes,so i got it working by looking thour the forums at fammiliar disscussions...i just replaced bink.exe..i think,something like thhat...but still,i have problem with the AE...any help..please ?

#4 09/05/14 10:09

Iritscen

Hi, unfortunately I'm not sure I understand your problem.  Were you asked by the Setup app to find the location of your Oni installation?  If so, then if you located the Oni folder, it should have worked.  When it says "OniFolder", it just means whatever location that Oni is installed at, like C:\Program Files\Oni, etc.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 09/05/14 10:09

angelalex22
Website

Well yeah,i did install it in D:\jocuri\oni\Oni+patch and there is the oni.exe and IGMD...did i do something wrong ? sad

#6 09/05/14 10:09

angelalex22
Website

And if this helps,when i did the oni setup,for deffault it asked in C:\program files\Oni but i just did in D: cuz i didn't wanted to waste space there...and i dont think that's the problem but i think it might help..

#7 09/05/14 10:09

Iritscen

It should be okay to keep Oni on another drive like D:, so I'm not sure what the issue is.  Alloc will probably be better able to help you when he comes along.  I do have a couple questions:
1. Is that a '+' in your path to Oni?  Maybe you could try removing the '+' and see if that helps.
2. When you say that Oni.exe and IGMD are there, do you mean Oni.exe and GameDataFolder?  Because IGMD\ should be inside GameDataFolder\, as you can see by browsing the directories here: http://wiki.oni2.net/Oni_folder.

#8 09/05/14 10:09

angelalex22
Website

OMFG...NO FU***NG WAY...OMG...YOU WERE RIGHT IRITSCEN....i just renamed Oni+ Patch to Oni so i should be D:\jocuri\oni\Oni and then,i just downloaded it again to this path,after it finished i realize it didn't give me the error...and then i was like,F**K YEAH,i opened it it just updated it, SO IT WORKS !! omg thank you,still i haven't installed any mods yet,but i should let feedback if it really works...omg Iritscen..THANK YOU!!!thank you man/girl (i really can't tell by your name xD)

Last edited by angelalex22 (09/05/14 10:09)

#9 09/05/14 11:09

Iritscen

Glad it worked for you!  I didn't actually think that the "+" would be an issue, looks like you've given Alloc something to fix in the AE smile  Remember, don't install too many mods.  I recommend 20 at the most, but 30 may work as well, depending on the mods.

#10 09/05/14 13:09

angelalex22
Website

Thanks..also,i got another problem now xD,when i click the fullscreen play..it stays on windowed,and the same with windowed...help ? :3

#11 09/05/14 15:09

TOCS

Just pick your native resolution in the game menu and it should fill out your entire screen as if you were playing in regular fullscreen.

#12 09/05/14 15:09

Iritscen

Check your daodan.ini file, in the same folder as Oni.exe.  There might be something there along the lines of "switch" or "-noswitch".

#13 09/06/14 03:09

angelalex22
Website

Thanks Iritscen...it worked again xD,and TOCS,i did that,but Oni was stucked at a specific resolution..if i did it larger,then it would be black screen on the sides,and only the game in center

#14 09/06/14 13:09

Iritscen

Keep in mind that the Main Menu is a 640x480 texture, so in the higher resolutions, the Menu will be surrounded by lots of black.  But the game should still draw to the whole screen when you play it.

#15 12/25/16 21:12

Sziho

Hi, it seems I have the same issue.

imgur.com/gallery/xAMdm

It doesn't matter where I start AEInstaller 2 from, tried desktop, from C:\Oni\AE, from C:\Oni\AE\AEInstaller\bin
I always get this error.
win 10
java 7-8 installed

#16 12/25/16 21:12

Iritscen

Hmm, strange.  Unfortunately it looks like the OP never clearly explained how he fixed this issue.  I'm not sure, but it seems like the Updater failed to install the Installer, so I'm guessing that if you look in bin/, there is no AEInstaller2.jar?  Can you post the contents of the updater_output.log file seen in that screenshot?

#17 12/25/16 22:12

Iritscen

Sorry, looking at this again, I realize that your directories look kind of messed up.  You're in the bin/ folder in that screenshot, but there's another bin/ folder inside that.  That is not correct.  I'm guessing that the shortcut tries to open a .jar in bin/bin/, and if there's a .jar at that location, it won't like being there.  However, I see that there is an AEInstaller2.jar in the first-level bin/ folder.  What happens if you double-click it?  If double-clicking it works, you can make a new shortcut to that.  Otherwise, you should probably start again from the AE Setup app and a fresh Oni installation.

#18 12/26/16 05:12

Sziho

Hi. I think the problem was the default C:\Program Files (x86)\oni
I reinstalled it today to just C:\Oni and worked immediately.

thanks!

#19 12/26/16 11:12

Iritscen

Ah, okay.  I don't think it should be a problem if you install to Program Files (x86)/.  Reinstalling probably just fixed whatever strangeness happened to with your directories the first time.  Glad it's working now!

Board footer