Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/26/16 14:11

Scarlett

Updates on the new mod

Okay so I haven't started working on the mod yet because I've been gathering ideas and have some things to take care of first before I get started. I will use this thread to keep everyone up to date on ideas I came up with and progress I will make on my new project. So the new boss character I came up with is called Bella. She is a winged Imago version character, if anyone of you ever played a fighting game with morrigan and Lilith characters then you will get the idea of how she would be like in personality but different costume and designs with her bat-like wings attached to her arms. As for moves, so far super moves I've been planning are ice lightning which is an attack that takes a while to charge before firing off the same projectile used in the mercury bow. Another super move I'm planning is soul seeker which is a move where she fires 3 of the mukade fire balls. She will also be able to just really high glide in air. I have a few other moves in mind including her back forward kick move in which she does several backflip kicks while moving forward. I haven't come up with throws yet but I still have time. Oh also she will be Daodanized and have muro's super shield. I will keep posting updates on other ideas and progress as I plan along. If there is any questions, please feel free to ask. Getting feedback allows me to prevent any major mistakes for happening and to make this mod works well

Question: is it possible to animate part of the body that is attached to another body part? Like making a tail that is attached to her pelvis animate.

Last edited by Scarlett (11/26/16 14:11)

#2 11/26/16 15:11

Scarlett

Re: Updates on the new mod

New level in planning stage: rebirth of faith: [working on level name]

similar to the dream level in appearance. I want it to have 3-4 bosses to get beat and I am still thinking of what/who the regular enemies I am still thinking about. Been thinking about using some already made custom characters such as elite tanker, hayate minions, guard dogs and sentrydroid. I am also thinking about using some new custom characters for bosses such as combustion man, hydra if it is finished on time and another character, maybe Sarai. Then you will have to collect an item to summon Bella to fight her.

#3 11/26/16 16:11

Scarlett

After you summon bella, and the fight begins then her battle theme song will play. You will have hypos and hypos will be lying around as well. The boss will have a really high health. So as the boss health decreases, it will spawn color ads/clones of itself to fight you and each ads will have its own abilities, however the ads will have a lot lower health than the boss so they are easier to kill. The ads abilities are: red: fire, yellow: stuns, white: high speed movement, brown: hard damage, purple: healing and poison, black: self destruct. At first hit the boss will spawn one ad, the same for when at 85% health. At 70%, 55% and 35% health the boss will spawn 2 ads. At 20%, 15% and 10% the boss will spawn 3 ads. The type of ads that spawns will be random so you won't get the same type each time you restart the level. You will know when ads is going to spawn because a text will appear on screen, "Elementals, follow your master's order. Destroy the invader!"

#4 11/26/16 18:11

Scarlett

Some of the clones does normal damage when they hit the players, but they have different super moves.
1. Red clones/Fire Bella super moves are just hurling 4 of the fire balls at you similar to rayman fireball, and if possible, summons fire similar to the ones you see in burning places to hurt the player whenever the player touches it.

2. Yellow clones/Thunder Bella super moves is just a stun.

3. Purple clones/Toxic Bella heal themselves and if possible, releases poison from their body to damage player.

4. Brownish-white clones/Rock Bella does double damage with their hits.

5. Black clones/Dark Bella super move is just a self destruct

6. Pure white clones/Super Bellajust runs super fast and have slightly higher health than the other clones.

#5 11/27/16 03:11

paradox-01

Question: is it possible to animate part of the body that is attached to another body part? Like making a tail that is attached to her pelvis animate.

As you know, TRBS support only 19 bones.

A) In order to make a tail you would have to sacrifice an arm.
(Removing hand, wrist, biceps and shoulder would give room for 4 tail bones.)

B) Another possibility is to use a particle chain with a lifetime equal to the animation spawning it. You mentioned a lot custom characters who I think use a lot particle themselves. You would have to watch out for the particle limit so that the tail doesn't flicker with visible and invisible parts.

PS: Don't call the minions "ads".

Last edited by paradox-01 (11/27/16 03:11)

#6 11/27/16 17:11

Scarlett

Thanks for the feedback smile
1. Ok I will just make it part of the pelvis without it animating.
2. Ok I will smile
3. Sorry for calling them ads. It is just something I got used to playing MMORPG games with bosses that spawns backup

Last edited by Scarlett (11/27/16 17:11)

#7 12/03/16 21:12

Scarlett

Question: how do you get the super shield to deplete when the character uses super moves? Like when mutan Muro does a super move and the shield depletes then comes back on later

#8 12/04/16 06:12

paradox-01

How did you activate it in the first place.

#9 12/05/16 18:12

Scarlett

I have no idea because I have never used super shield before but luckily mutant Muro, and big jester uses it

#10 12/05/16 22:12

Scarlett

So one of the bosses I came up with is the Mechanical Origin. This boss is just as simple as the deadly brain with the lasers and the consoles and the turrets and stuff what I want to add is when you activate a certain number of console, sentrydroid and guard dogs will spawn to kill you. As for gun turrets i am planning on screaming cannon and plasma rifle turrets. Still thinking about the order the backups will appear.

Last edited by Scarlett (12/05/16 23:12)

#11 12/05/16 23:12

Iritscen

To see how disabling the supershield works, and where in the data it's stored, search the wiki for "DisableShield".

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#12 12/05/16 23:12

Scarlett

Thanks Iritscen. I will definitely look it up

#13 12/05/16 23:12

Scarlett

I think I got a good order for the enemies to spawn at mechanical origin

First wave:
activating 1 console will spawn the training bot.
Activating 3 consoles spawns 2 training bots.

Second wave:
Activating 1 console spawns 1 guard dog
Activating 2 consoles spawns 2 more guard dogs

Third wave:
Activating 1 console spawns 1 sentry droid and 1 guard dog.
Activating 3 consoles spawns 1 sentry droid, 1 guard dogs and 1 training bot.

So what do you guys think?

Now that I think about it, I think this will be total overkill if you touch the lasers at wave 3

Last edited by Scarlett (12/05/16 23:12)

#14 12/06/16 15:12

Scarlett

New Oni level:
Rebirth of faith: Syndicate Underground Lab

"The few remaining TCTF were able to locate the Syndicate underground lab and attempt a raid. Konoko accompanied by some TCTF members including Casey, shinibot. Upon arriving at the lab, the team realized the place is in chaos and they picked up high energy frequencies in the labs. As they fight their way through the labs, they realize some of the volunteers were driven mad by the new chrysalis the syndicates developed. Some mutated, some partially mutated and some still human with some small imago appearances. Some retain their sanity but had a change of personality. "

Still a work in progress.

#15 12/06/16 16:12

s10k
Website

wow looks very interesting!

#16 12/06/16 18:12

Scarlett

Just done planning out the objectives smile also I want to add some secret bosses in the level too

#17 12/12/16 08:12

Scarlett

On the level you can also search for the secret boss Akuno. He doesn't fire projectiles however he will be daodanized and have the power of attraction and repulsion and to reflect damage. Good thing I know how to make these moves. He wont have mutant muro super shield because you wont be able to kill him.

#18 12/24/16 08:12

Scarlett

Question about XSI mod tool. I am still new to modeling so decided to ask someone who has experience in modeling in mod tool, how do you make bat wings? I am aware that you have to invert so that the wing is visible on both sides but I don't know much about just making it with the polygon tool

Board footer