Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 08/22/16 15:08

Iritscen

Re: Playbacks reversed

The project in Daodan/MSVC/.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 08/27/16 01:08

killerbladeaex

i found this in a txt file wahts this

process_begin: Createprocess(NULL,uname -s,....) failed.
cc makefile.c -o makefile
process_begin: Createprocess(NULL, cc makefile.c -o makefile,....) failed.
make (e=2) The system cannot find the file specified.
make.exe: *** [makefile] Error 2

Last edited by killerbladeaex (12/23/16 12:12)

#28 08/28/16 12:08

Iritscen

Okay, I've put more work into this, and we should start again from the beginning, sorry.

First of all, the method for building the Daodan DLL changed twice over time.  It used to be the build.bat under RossyMiles when he started the work, but then Gumby created a VS project.  Then Alloc moved to using a makefile.  I encountered some obstacles in using the makefile in Windows (he normally builds from Linux), but I'm not going to address those here because the makefile is intended to make the Flatline-less modern builds of the Daodan.  What you want to do instead is use the VS project from a point in time when Gumby was actually building Flatline successfully as part of the Daodan.

It seems that you might need to go back a lot farther than 990.  It looks like rev. 589 was the last commit from the time that Gumby regularly contributed code to Flatline.  You can get an archive of that code by visiting http://websvn.chrilly.net/dl.php?repnam … 89&peg=589.  Then you should load the solution file (MSVC/FixedDaodan.sln) in Visual Studio, which may want to upgrade the project.  Building the solution will place binkw32.dll at C:\Oni\ unless you change the build path.

Placing the DLL next to Oni, it does load correctly, but I noticed a strange error when I started hosting, so I don't know if Flatline is working without attempting to have someone join my game.  I'm afraid that I've exhausted about all the time I have to work on this, but I can try to answer simple questions if you have any.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer