Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/13/16 14:08

killerbladeaex

Need help

When i edit the BINACJBOcharacter for level 19 and i copy muro character into lvl 1 and spawn it there it works , but when i add character from any lvl lets say lvl 19 i want to add another duplicate there is muro in lvl 19 i copy the same character info and give it a new name muro_dummyx if i spawn it in game on level 19 it wont work , it only works on lvl 1 why? , even though i renamed the folder from Level1_Final to Level19_Final  , even if the same BINACJBOCharacter that i used in lvl 1 to spawn muro i use it in lvl 19 , i think lvl 19 is uneditable for me or the installer is not installing properly , but no not the entire lvl is uneditable because i edited the BINACJBOconsole in level 19 and changed a console's rotation and it worked , but when i add characters to it it doesn't seem to work why , and removing character also even if i put almost empty file (but not empty because it wont be turned to oni) it doesn't change anything in the level , the bots spawn normally

In short : level 19 characters are uneditable for me i can't add or remove anything

Also i have another unrelated problem if you can look up for me

Lots of times when i select a level the game shows up to the option menu and freezes and it's really annoying how do i get rid of this problem? i have to alt+F4 and re-open the game again

Last edited by killerbladeaex (08/13/16 14:08)

#2 08/13/16 18:08

Iritscen

Re: Need help

Welcome!  Could you post your level 19 package for us to take a look at?

The second problem sounds quite strange.  You're saying that you pick a level from the Load Game screen and it ends up on the Options screen?  Or do you mean the Pause (Diary) screen gets stuck when you are in-game?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/14/16 03:08

paradox-01

Not sure if that's the same but when the mouse doesn't react anymore in the load game menu I use the Escape button to return to the main menu. Then I enter the Load Game menu again and can click on a savepoint.

IIRC Edt and me had also this problem of adding a new character (babarus) to game years ago. I don't think we figured out the actual reason, it just worked again someday. Anyway, be sure not to have any other mod (package or raw/dat plugin) installed as it might overwrite your new character collection file on import.

#4 08/14/16 03:08

killerbladeaex

here's the mod package i uploaded : 2shared.com/file/WDCiJwXN/modpackage.html  (i added E_Er34x) it doesn't spawn btw it says im not allowed to post links so i removed the www.

yes just like iritscen "you pick a level from the Load Game screen and it ends up on the Options screen? " thats my second problem

to the other guy->
no the problem i'm talking about is not about the mouse getting stuck i know that and i use arrow keys to fix that but there's another problem that's after selecting a level to be loaded the option menu appears where it gives resolution and difficulty and things like that and oni's picture appear holding a gun it's the option menu in the game it appears and gets stuck instead of loading the level after like 3 retries of alt+f4 it works and the option menu doesn't appear instead oni spawns and loads correctly it's really annoying and not necessarily 3 tries or anything it's random

Last edited by killerbladeaex (08/14/16 03:08)

#5 08/14/16 04:08

paradox-01

Okay, thanks for the upload. Package works fine.
Do you possibly have two AE installations?
Also, what platform do you play on? PC or Mac?

Last edited by paradox-01 (08/14/16 04:08)

#6 08/14/16 04:08

killerbladeaex

PC , package works for me on lvl 1 but when i change to lvl 19 it doesn't work for some reason but idk

my main reason for doing all of this is just because i want to stop the elite bot from using throws , because when he throws my kenoko the game crashes for my client and says "Blam oni crashed" if im host and someone joins me the client crashes i wanted to see if i spawn a different bot will also cause crash or not

is there a way to download your version of oni maybe it doesn't crash to the option menu  because that's annoying

Edit : the mod worked for me now i figured what the problem was i opened the init file of ae installer and searched for level 19 it said it didn't have access to the folder because it's being used by another process so i restarted my pc and did the mod and it worked

Last edited by killerbladeaex (08/14/16 04:08)

#7 08/14/16 04:08

paradox-01

#8 08/14/16 06:08

killerbladeaex

They had no flat line alpha though , but that's just fine how can i teleport client to host from a bsl file each time an ai spawns , the trick in this is you can't use "where" and i want to do is chr_location (client) (host position) on a bsl file is that possible because sometimes the client automatically teleports to host so i think its possible

it's like something (teleport) (client) (host's current location) but i can't know host's current location on a bsl file can i?

EDIT: how can i teleport client to host's location let's say every 10 seconds using bsl file or any other method but out of the game

EDIT2: I found the command it's ai2_location_settocamera  but it's not the exact position it's kindof a little higher than kenoko's location it jumps through the air a little and a little backwards when i ai2_location_settocamera 0

Last edited by killerbladeaex (08/14/16 07:08)

#9 08/14/16 07:08

paradox-01

Rough plan:

1) Import a new trigger volume that covers the whole level. (trigger volume entry function only -- per frame functions will crash BSL engine after some time)
2) Write a BSL file that sets client aiName to "playerClient".Client need to install that bsl.
3) Write a BSL file that sets host aiName to "playerHost". That goes into your folder.
4) Write a BSL function for client and host bsl.

# trigger volume entry func
func teleportFlatliners (string aiName)
{
    if (aiName = "playerClient")
    {
        #no idea how get variant of d_location works
        d_location ("playerClient", d_location("playerHost", ?))
    }
    else
    {
        d_location ("playerHost", d_location("playerClient", ?))
    }
}

This might be totally fruitless... I don't know.

#10 08/14/16 08:08

Iritscen

killerbladeaex wrote:

Edit : the mod worked for me now i figured what the problem was i opened the init file of ae installer and searched for level 19 it said it didn't have access to the folder because it's being used by another process so i restarted my pc and did the mod and it worked

That sounds to me like Windows Explorer.  I'm on a Mac, but I remember that when we were working on the AE together, Gumby sometimes found that having Explorer open to a game data-related folder would lock the contents of that folder until he closed Explorer.

Re: d_location, you won't be able to nest a d_location getter call inside a d_location setter call like that, at least for this one reason: looking at the documentation for the command, it seems that the syntax for getting a location is:

x = d_location("playerHost", "x")

So you can only retrieve one of the axis coordinates at a time.  Once you retrieve x, y, and z, you can supply them all at once to the setter form of d_location:

d_location("playerClient", x + 10, y, z) # add one-meter offset to x so that client is not inside host!

I haven't tested this, so I don't know if it will work.  If nesting calls works, then you can do it all at once:

d_location("playerClient", d_location("playerHost", "x") + 10, d_location("playerHost", "y"), d_location("playerHost", "z"))

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer