Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/26/16 17:07

Scarlett

Interesting level mod idea

I came up with this mod idea that people might be interested in. This idea is inspired by the gluttonous king in order and chaos online. A level which is just a big circular room. In that level you fight a big enemy, preferable a huge gorilla. The gorilla hits really slow but hard and have really high health. When the boss health is 80% health, a weaker clone of the gorilla spawns to attack you. At 60% health, gorilla activates force field and 2 weaker clones of the gorilla spawns to attack you, and the same happens when the main gorilla health is at 40% except no force field. Then at 20%, 15% and 10% health, 3 weaker clones spawns for each of those times... Also at 10% the gorilla activates another force field.

The weaker clones have much lower health than the original and are color coded to certain abilities:
Red: weak damage and attack you with plasma rifle projectiles
White: hard damage
Yellow: weak damage and stuns
Blue: weak damage and screaming cannon projectile
Purple: weak damage and healing
Black: weak damage and self destruct.

The clones would have random costume in their character.oni file so that different types spans when it's their spawn time

There would be hypos laying around for the player to pick up when their hp is low and weapons.

At the start of the level, the player have to activate a console which would spawn the boss.

Whenever the clones should spawn, a big text would appear on the screen saying "ELEMENTALS, FOLLOW YOUR MASTER'S ORDER: DESTROY THE INVADER!"

You can watch order and chaos online gluttonous king/monkey boss to see what I am talking about.

NOTE: the self destruct monkey isn't in the video.

I will have to wait until my laptop is fixed so I can learn how to make levels. The bsl shouldn't be that hard to do since I used to mess around with commands in dev mode

Last edited by Scarlett (08/22/16 19:08)

#2 07/27/16 17:07

EdT
Website

Re: Interesting level mod idea

It shouldn't be too hard to write the script for this mod. The hard part would be to make the gorilla character and all the moves for it.

#3 07/27/16 18:07

Scarlett

Maybe there is a gorilla model on the Internet I can use. The moves won't be much of a problem. I just need 4 attack animations, death animation, hmm I wonder what other animations however the monkey won't need getup animation because similar to mutant Muro, it shouldn't fall when taking knock down attacks. And the main monkey would be Daodanized. I hope this wont be overkill ^_^. Also if I can did a growling sound on the Internet for the main monkey. In the last level, Muro has a script to detect when his health is low to send his allies after you. That part of the script will help a lot

Last edited by Scarlett (07/27/16 18:07)

#4 07/30/16 15:07

Samer
Website

So, big guy who hits hard but is slow and is Daodanized.
and several clones with different colors ^_^ ?

2012-10-29_205257.jpg

or

2014-01-14_113238.jpg

Last edited by Samer (07/30/16 15:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 07/30/16 16:07

Scarlett

I found some ape models on the Internet but they aren't free. I'm not sure if blender can make models compatible with ONI but if it is, I can try to make the ape in blender and just duplicate it with different textures for each ape who should appear in the level. I just need to fix the laptop first but haven't got the free time to do so yet -.- . The clones should be the same size as the original, just that they have a lot lower health, and colored, have special abilities except for the white one that hits hard and have no special abilities and weaker than the original as well. I've been thinking that since this would just be a level to fight a boss then it should offer the same challenges as if you are in a longer level. And I've been thinking about replacing the force field with the super shield that depletes and regenerates the same way as mutant Muro except that the monkey doesn't summon the lightning thing

Last edited by Scarlett (07/30/16 16:07)

#6 08/03/16 18:08

Scarlett

What do you use to make levels? Is it XSI as well?

#7 08/03/16 21:08

EdT
Website

Here is a tutorial on how to make a level using Sketchup: http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2087

Board footer