Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/16/16 13:07

Samer
Website

Message to Scarlett, would you like to work together?

Scarlett I am very impressed with your animation work.

I have a character: the Hydra, that I never released because I want to make new animations for her, but I just never got around to it.
http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2936

I have a pretty good idea on what I want the moves to look like, but it's been a long time since I did any animation and even back in the day it wasn't my strength. I find throws the hardest to make.

Would you like to work together on making new animations for the hydra?

I give you a description of the animation and you make it in XSI, and I can put the final touches on it and make the TRAM and such, and we release it as a joined project.

The Hydra's concept is she is an SLD/cyborg they are based on Sarai, they are quick, have a lot of powerful kick animations, and since they are not technically human we can have fun with the animations a bit more.

if you are interested let me know on this thread and we can start here.

Last edited by Samer (07/16/16 13:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 07/16/16 19:07

EdT
Website

Re: Message to Scarlett, would you like to work together?

Wow, this could be a killer combination, with Samer's skill at making new characters and Scarlett's skill at making awesome animations.

#3 07/17/16 10:07

Scarlett

Oooo I would love to. Infact I have an awesome throw animation to make for your character but some days ago my laptop won't show anything onscreen when it boot up, only just the fan and the power indicator worked. So I will have to get it fixed first before I can do anything on it sad

Last edited by Scarlett (07/17/16 10:07)

#4 07/17/16 15:07

Delano762
Website

Scarlett wrote:

Oooo I would love to. Infact I have an awesome throw animation to make for your character but some days ago my laptop won't show anything onscreen when it boot up, only just the fan and the power indicator worked. So I will have to get it fixed first before I can do anything on it sad

Once you fix it, make a backup of your files. Upload them to OneDrive, burn them to a DVD, add to a pendrive, etc. Making backups can save you a lot of trouble.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#5 07/17/16 15:07

Scarlett

True. That's what I've been thinking once I fix it. And Samer the throw shouldn't be too long. The throw target can only have 256 max frames. Even though that's a small amount you can still do a lot in it

Last edited by Scarlett (07/17/16 15:07)

#6 07/17/16 18:07

Samer
Website

cool smile glad you're on board.

Can you perhaps describe the throw you have already?

I had these throws in mind for her, for a while now, and would really love to see them. 

Front punch throw:  she "hugs" the opponent (wraps her arms around them tight) their arms are restricted, she crouches down a bit, then jumps high powerfully carrying the opponent with her, then she smashes the opponent on the ground on their head.

same for back punch throw, grabbing them from behind and jumping up with them. 

forward kick throw: she grabs opponent like konoko does when she does her forward kick throw, (gets on the ground, her back is on the ground, grabs their arms, and her feet are against the opponents abdomen) but instead of throwing the opponent behind her, she then launches several kicks while the opponent is in that position, then a final powerful kick with her 2 legs that launches the opponent forward falling on their back.

her running kick throw, she does several quick bicycle kicks to their face.

for her super kick (heavy kick) she jumps up and lands several times, very quickly in a circular radius. 

her power is her legs and ability to jump, I feel these moves would work for her.

I have the concept of her other moves too when you get your laptop back up, if you're up to it.

#7 07/18/16 11:07

Scarlett

The throw I have in mind is she stomped on her opponent foot to hold it in place then while opponent tries desperately to pull his/her foot from under hydras, she give her opponent 3 fast brutal hits to the face with the last hit causing her opponent to fall after removing her foot off the opponent's then as the opponent about to fall she does a body slam on her opponent face. If more frames are left for the target animation then I will add the opponent twitching on the ground after the body slam while your character does a taunt like yawn or something then stomps the opponent in the face.

#8 07/18/16 13:07

Samer
Website

that kinda suits a heavier more brutal character, in my opinion, to be able to hold them in place with a foot stomp and do a body slam. Hydra is more of a kicker, jumper, agile character.

But, I'd love to use that for my BGI Agents who I have also been trying to update, but they won't be using the "Sexy taunt" in between the motion. Would you be willing to make that throw using the male idle stance instead?

2013-04-03_111405.jpg
2013-04-03_111414.jpg

they use thee comguy idle stance.

#9 07/18/16 15:07

Scarlett

Shouldn't be hard. The comguy taunt suits the animation better for male characters

#10 07/30/16 15:07

Samer
Website

hey Scarlett any progress?

would you be willing to work on any of these moves?

Front punch throw:  she "hugs" the opponent (wraps her arms around them tight) their arms are restricted, she crouches down a bit, then jumps high powerfully carrying the opponent with her, then she smashes the opponent on the ground on their head.

same for back punch throw, grabbing them from behind and jumping up with them.

forward kick throw: she grabs opponent like konoko does when she does her forward kick throw, (gets on the ground, her back is on the ground, grabs their arms, and her feet are against the opponents abdomen) but instead of throwing the opponent behind her, she then launches several kicks while the opponent is in that position, then a final powerful kick with her 2 legs that launches the opponent forward falling on their back.

her running kick throw, she does several quick bicycle kicks to their face.

for her super kick (heavy kick) she jumps up and lands several times, very quickly in a circular radius.

Last edited by Samer (07/30/16 15:07)

Board footer