Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/03/16 13:06

tens

Boss Battle. Crash

Hey guys, I've been thinking of making videos again. And, well, Boss battle seems to crash at Muro's boss fight. Does anyone else receive this problem? If not, I think I may be using a little too many mods still. But, it generally crashes when something comes into contact with the red furies when I'm nearby. So, I'll be uninstalling a few mods to check out the theory, but meanwhile to confirm if this is a problem with the mod or myself. I've started this Topic.

Anyway, on that note, I was trying to record the footage but ShadowPlay seems to ignore Oni. Any free recording software that's pretty straight-forward, leaving Fraps out? Thanks!

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#2 06/03/16 13:06

Iritscen

Re: Boss Battle. Crash

That sounds like an overload of particles, so I would definitely try uninstalling some mods.  As far as recording gameplay, we have a wiki page devoted to it, but the Windows side has long been neglected: http://wiki.oni2.net/Recording_gameplay_videos.  If you have anything to contribute to it, it would be great.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 06/03/16 13:06

tens

Hmm, it's working fine now. I removed a mod called "particle trails" by ONIrules. It's a good mod, but I guess blam! is a problem that comes with it. :\

It seems we are at a loss for recording softwares. I'll put making videos on hold for a bit then. It's quite a lot of work getting good footage where you don't cheese the A.I.(I know, I've cheesed AI in my video's b4). Thanks anyway!

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#4 06/03/16 14:06

Iritscen

There might be a lot more software for Windows video capture -- generally I would expect more than on the Mac side -- but since I'm on a Mac, that's all I know.  So I've documented many Mac options in detail, whereas the Windows text on that page was written years ago by geyser and never touched since.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 06/03/16 17:06

tens

I'll check out what other options there are for windows and try getting them in there in detail as well.

Board footer