Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/19/16 04:05

LaughingSkull

What do Elite Strikers say exactly when they do a somersault?

The Heavy Strikers... It always sounded like "FERRY MAAAAN!!" to me, but obviously it's not that. What is it?

#2 05/19/16 09:05

Iritscen

Re: What do Elite Strikers say exactly when they do a somersault?

I believe you're thinking of "Cannonballll!" smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/19/16 21:05

Scarlett

I always think they shouted "LEMONADE!!!!" Even since I was little. And from that day whenever I don't remember their name I call them lemonade man

Last edited by Scarlett (05/19/16 21:05)

#4 05/20/16 17:05

Iritscen

I don't know if we're all talking about the same attack, but the wiki has a collection of the attack phrases here, so maybe this will help: http://wiki.oni2.net/Quotes/Speech#Miscellaneous

#5 05/20/16 19:05

dosmer

LaughingSkull wrote:

The Heavy Strikers... It always sounded like "FERRY MAAAAN!!" to me, but obviously it's not that. What is it?

They shout: "Strike her, Slam!", I think.
In the list mentioned below they're supposed to shout "Striker Slam!", but it doesn't sound like that to me.

Iritscen wrote:

I don't know if we're all talking about the same attack, but the wiki has a collection of the attack phrases here, so maybe this will help: http://wiki.oni2.net/Quotes/Speech#Miscellaneous

Thanks!

But I don't think Barabas says: "Earthquaker!", but: "Earthquake, EARGH!"

I always wondered about the Furies' "Ten Shadow Punch!". That IS what it sounds like .... but what does it mean?

And Konoko doesn't shout: "Rising Fury". No way!
I know that's what she's supposed to shout, but what she really emits sounds more like:
"Rifle's doing". There is definitely no F in the second word.

Last edited by dosmer (05/20/16 19:05)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

#6 05/20/16 19:05

Scarlett

He is talking about the elites. You know the big guys in the syndicate that does a cannonball roll. Two of them fight you at the last level after defeating the furies/reds.

Last edited by Scarlett (05/20/16 19:05)

#7 05/20/16 21:05

Lithium

Y'all need to get your ears cleaned jfc, I hear all of that easily.

Last edited by Lithium (05/20/16 21:05)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#8 05/20/16 21:05

Iritscen

dosmer wrote:

They shout: "Strike her, Slam!", I think.
In the list mentioned below they're supposed to shout "Striker Slam!", but it doesn't sound like that to me.

Your suggestion wouldn't really make sense grammatically, though smile  They were going for a typical kind of animé attack phrase, where someone says the name of whatever type of fighter they are (the Striker class, in this case), plus a verb.

I always wondered about the Furies' "Ten Shadow Punch!". That IS what it sounds like .... but what does it mean?

Probably it's a reference to the way that animé characters seem to duplicate when they move quickly, not to mention that this is exactly what Oni's motion blur effect does.

And Konoko doesn't shout: "Rising Fury". No way!
I know that's what she's supposed to shout, but what she really emits sounds more like:
"Rifle's doing". There is definitely no F in the second word.

I think you need to listen to that again smile  Run "sound_dialog_play c18_79_14konoko" on the dev console to listen to it.

#9 05/21/16 11:05

Lithium

- Rising FURY - Rises and mad because living in the future sucks, thanks cyberpunk genre
- Double Spin Kick - Spin kick, easier than shouting TATSUMAKI SENPUKYAKU
- CANNONBALL - He rolls into a ball and hits you, trained for hours to learn it
- Striker Slam - in a [REDACTED] fit of rage the striker yells while he does a lame spin attack before suplexing you mid animation
- Ten Shadow Punch - She's a fan of ninja anime or whatever, what a pleb. Also naming yourself after a graphical issue is so 2026
- LION AXE KICK - Fair name but why do these nimrods yell axe kick during a charge???
- What do comguys say again? Radio saber? I don't know, what the hell is the other one?
- Why can't the comguys do that anymore? why did you nerf my main
- BLOCKBUSTER - I'm afraid Blockbuster closed down years ago making this a dated move, checkmate bungie
- LION FIST - 10/10 the best named move in the game, the sheer fury of the lion's pride empowers the SWAT allowing him to save to the day... too bad it's all for nothing

Last edited by Lithium (05/21/16 11:05)

#10 05/23/16 01:05

LaughingSkull

Guys, there's no way it can be CANNON BALL. The last syllable is definitely an A sound as in "man".

#11 05/23/16 01:05

Lithium

It'll sound off but that's why you use context and common sense, they turn into a ball and roll into you using the weight of their body to damage you, hence the name, cannon ball. Why would it be Ferry Man? There's no ferry men there, it won't kill us so we won't get to see the ferry man himself as it's fairly weak, do these guys even know greek mythology?

#12 05/23/16 08:05

Iritscen

LaughingSkull wrote:

Guys, there's no way it can be CANNON BALL. The last syllable is definitely an A sound as in "man".

I hear an "ah" sound pretty clearly, myself.

Board footer