Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/02/16 20:04

Scarlett

Update Note. And new character in progress

While working on my new character I have been working on the final update for my Naomi character.
New stuff are so far:
Naomi fighter/battle costume (view my avatar)
New forward punch move: Flame Tracer. Rushes forward hitting everything infront and stun all nearby enemies.
Wanting to add another move exculsivlely for Fighter Naomi: Shadow Blink; Step into the shadows and instantly appearing behind your enemy dealing damage from behind.
Also I might add more forward movement to the forward kick to make it look more like a kick.
Also I am planning on adding a dive kick (a kick used by kung lao in moral kombat trilogy in which he shoots down when you press down kick after a jump) for the jump kick.
And a crouch kick to replace the slow sweep.
Anything else need to be changed about my character?

Last edited by Scarlett (04/02/16 20:04)

#2 04/02/16 21:04

EdT
Website

Re: Update Note. And new character in progress

Her first punch's range seems short.  At the same distance, Konoko's first punch will hit AI, however, Naomi's will not.
To test in developer mode, type ai2_allpassive 1 in the console, then all AI's will stop moving.  Now you can test the range of her punch.

#3 04/03/16 01:04

Scarlett

The first punch is from the fury, while the second and and third being from Muro with the third being modified to fit the fourth punch. The fourth is a custom punch I made. The combo was meant to be fast and it seems to work well so far. I made sure to reduce the knockback to that all punches would connect. I do most of my testing in arena of hurt by to spawning a character and use pause then test out what I have to. The combo works pretty well still but the range is to help reduce some of her OPness. After all, her kicks has a long reach, and also the short range helps for her AI to link attacks together

Last edited by Scarlett (04/03/16 03:04)

#4 04/03/16 17:04

EdT
Website

Ok, it just seemed odd, that at times, the first punch would not hit the AI

#5 04/03/16 20:04

Iritscen

I do think it's good that you are making some efforts to balance the character smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 04/06/16 12:04

Scarlett

So far I made a getup forward kick and a new back forward kick for the new Naomi. The new getup forward kick is actually a teleporting dive kick. When she is laying on her back she teleports above comes down in a kick position while her after image stays laying there on the ground. She doesn't use this much though, but when she does it is only when you are standing too close to her while she is laying down. The back forward kick, she does one of her new taunts i made then instantly appears behind you doing a upside down hovering version of her super kick or the spinning bird kick chun li uses in street fighter as she closes in on you while her after image stands there in her taunt pose. The thing about this move is that if the target you are aiming for is standing at an object where Naomi should appear, Naomi would instead appear right where the target is or re appear where she teleports from. I also made two new taunts for the new Naomi. I am still wondering whether I should make a new kick throw

#7 04/08/16 11:04

Scarlett

Showing off my character new costume. Tell me what you guys think.

gTBwZtS.jpg

KidQDc0.jpg

O9fvhvS.jpg

I just hope these links work.

Last edited by Scarlett (04/08/16 11:04)

#8 04/08/16 15:04

Iritscen

Not bad, though her chest looks a little off, like she just has one mono-boob.  And Oni's character models generally make me cringe when outfits show bare skin because you can see the seams between body parts so clearly, but there's not much we can do about that.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 04/08/16 19:04

Scarlett

I agree with you on the boob part and I have been wanting to deal with it but I haven't gone searching for photoshop yet. And yes I wish there is a way to deal with the seams but not a way to deal with it hmm

#10 04/09/16 04:04

ltemplar

Well... There is a way to remove thus annoying seams.
You can simply remove normals from the faces of the model in the XSI mod tool. This will produce some sort of flat looking character without any shading, so obviously You will be forced to add all shadowing by yourself(Draw or burn in to the texture).But it can be time consuming and require some knowledge about, how to do it properly(basically speaking which shadowing method will be the best to use).

Ltemplar.

Board footer