Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/17/16 14:03

Scarlett

Should I or should not?

I am a but unsatisfied with my character forward punch was planning on making her do a move that stuns nearby enemies as the last change to be made to my character. My question is, with the way Naomi is as an AI or when player controlled, should make a move like that for her?

Last edited by Scarlett (03/17/16 14:03)

#2 03/17/16 20:03

EdT
Website

Re: Should I or should not?

If you want to have an original move, then yes, you should make a forward punch.  Also, when Naomi does a crouch kick sweep, it feels slow, especially for her character.  Konoko does the same move but faster.

#3 03/17/16 21:03

Scarlett

The crouch sweep was actually from the comguy and I do agree with it is slow. Hmm I will try to figure out which sweep would be best even if I have to make one

#4 03/18/16 21:03

EdT
Website

naovsnao.jpg

Naomi vs Naomi, I actually beat the AI, 3 to 2 smile

AI Battle has been updated, run AE Installer to get the latest version. I like playing the OTA version, because when you are defeated you are respawned and battle continues for a set time or # of defeats.

To play, after you activated Developer Mode, type ~ and at the command line type "ota 2"  this will set the time for 3 minutes.  Then enter the command "fight"  press RETURN key, then "change" RETURN, then "naomion" RETURN, then "next" RETURN, then "naomion", RETURN, then "go" RETURN.  Finally, type ~ again to exit the command line, now you can fight.

I know it seems a lot to type, but this was the only to fully customize the battles.

#5 03/18/16 21:03

Scarlett

Lmao wow she is challenging to fight against. If you use someone who is even a slightly slow, trust me you will never win. She will counter, dodge and juggles you like you're a piece of paper. And it's about to get worse, I made the stun attack for Naomi. I called it Flame tracer, which is a move where she dashes forward a short distance while hovering a little above ground, hitting anything in the way which is just small damage then release a stun wave then immediately back flips. I used bgi hammer's (who for some reason I always call iron demon whenever I try to remember his name even a while ago when typing this) stun wave particle but colored it red. The good news though is that she doesn't use this too much. Bad new is that she normally uses her super punch when her target is stunned unless her super punch is on cd or the target is too close. She sometimes uses her combo then links the stun attack with her combo. Also another good news is that she is not invulnerable when she does the move so it can be interrupted before the stun goes off

Last edited by Scarlett (03/18/16 21:03)

#6 03/18/16 22:03

EdT
Website

The dodge... I hate that move smile  So many times, I'm about to hit her, poof, she's gone and I'm swinging at the air.  lol

I was testing her with 1 on 1 OTA and she wins every battle, well except against the Sentry Droid, so far nothing can stand up against its double phasers.

#7 03/19/16 12:03

Scarlett

Sentry droid hits hard thats why whenever I face it arena of hurt I always run in around it until I can get close then jump punch it to kill it. That's pretty much what I wanted with the teleporting dodge smile her attack speed is what makes her hard to fight against and it's even worse when she is Daodanized

Last edited by Scarlett (03/19/16 12:03)

Board footer