Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/02/16 18:03

Scarlett

Can I get some feedback about my updated char from more people

Sorry for the new post but I would like people to try out my updated character and give me feedback. I am also planning on making another character soon. An imago this time and a mid range fighter, but still thinking about how the model should look.

Last edited by Scarlett (03/02/16 18:03)

#2 03/03/16 05:03

ltemplar

Re: Can I get some feedback about my updated char from more people

Greetings.

I haven't tested her to much(something around 10-15 mins) , but I see a huge improvement over the previous version. You literally corrected almost all mentioned errors, imbalances etc so congrats on that. However character is still far from perfect.

1)The most visible problem is her new "spin throw combo" .It looks fantastic I can say that, but it's completely unbalanced i'm afraid. When doing it she is practically untouchable by anyone around her not to mention that the  "spinning rock aka the targeted character"  creates another barier for her for free. In combination this move/throw is simply too good in terms of balance and can be spam-able as hell. Maybe shorter attack/grab range when she can execute it can be the solution here?
2)The second move that I want to point out and create mixed fillings for me is the forward-kick. It's not really the "attack" itself but this time how it looks. It's hard to say what exactly is strange in it ,but probably it's the lack of force when executing. It look more like some acrobatic escape move rather than attack.Just check the Dead or Alive Kasumi forward spin duble leg kick to see the difference or any other that is similar.In most cases they are pushing forward executing it character, and not spin it, around the rotation point at the same place.But that's only my humble opinion.
3)And the last thing is the afterimage for some moves. The idea is really nice , no complains on that, but oni engine is quite limited when using such effects per sec.. so buffer overflow error has tendency to "jump" out to often when executed and "create" characters without legs arms etc in afterimage part.Especially when using the "special" costume version of her. Maybe some "ninja-like" smoke  replacing it will be more sufficient?

That's all I can say at the moment. When I play more then I will create more complex report.

Ltemplar.

PS.I really like the new combat stances. Nice work.

#3 03/03/16 16:03

EdT
Website

I modified the TRBS for naomi to include a lower polygon count model, so I don't get the buffer overflow message anymore, take a look, if you like it, I can update the mod depot for you.  Files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2n8z1ey6qg6o … i.zip?dl=0

#4 03/04/16 04:03

Scarlett

EdT wrote:

I modified the TRBS for naomi to include a lower polygon count model, so I don't get the buffer overflow message anymore, take a look, if you like it, I can update the mod depot for you.  Files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2n8z1ey6qg6o … i.zip?dl=0

Thanks EdT, I will surely check it out.

ltemplar wrote:

Greetings.
I haven't tested her to much(something around 10-15 mins) , but I see a huge improvement over the previous version. You literally corrected almost all mentioned errors, imbalances etc so congrats on that. However character is still far from perfect.
1)The most visible problem is her new "spin throw combo" .It looks fantastic I can say that, but it's completely unbalanced i'm afraid. When doing it she is practically untouchable by anyone around her not to mention that the  "spinning rock aka the targeted character"  creates another barier for her for free. In combination this move/throw is simply too good in terms of balance and can be spam-able as hell. Maybe shorter attack/grab range when she can execute it can be the solution here?
2)The second move that I want to point out and create mixed fillings for me is the forward-kick. It's not really the "attack" itself but this time how it looks. It's hard to say what exactly is strange in it ,but probably it's the lack of force when executing. It look more like some acrobatic escape move rather than attack.Just check the Dead or Alive Kasumi forward spin duble leg kick to see the difference or any other that is similar.In most cases they are pushing forward executing it character, and not spin it, around the rotation point at the same place.But that's only my humble opinion.
3)And the last thing is the afterimage for some moves. The idea is really nice , no complains on that, but oni engine is quite limited when using such effects per sec.. so buffer overflow error has tendency to "jump" out to often when executed and "create" characters without legs arms etc in afterimage part.Especially when using the "special" costume version of her. Maybe some "ninja-like" smoke  replacing it will be more sufficient?
That's all I can say at the moment. When I play more then I will create more complex report.
Ltemplar.
PS.I really like the new combat stances. Nice work.

1) Sure I can decrease the throw range a bit more.
2) I think the forward is a little slow but that would probably cause another problem with her being an AI. In her melee, I added random stop to the forward kick so she would decide when to stop doing the kick on ground opponents. From what I see so far, she will sometimes do the kick 2 times on opponents on the ground. If the speed of the kick is increase then it might be a possibility that she will spam the kick more times which will make it hard for who is fighting her to get up, as Naomi has the habit of juggling ground opponents at times. But I will take a look into it and see what changes can be made.
3) Honesly though, the smoke effect was what came up in my mind but there were 2 reason why I stick with the after image effect; a) it's unique to her. When I made her first move with the after image effect I wanted it to be live the 10 shadow punch attack but I wasn't satisfied, so I increased the visibility of the motion blue to make it look like a clone when she does some moves. Then I wanted something different. I remembered playing naruto ultimate ninja heroes 3 and itachi has a move when he turns around and his original dashes out while his clone stands there for a while before disappearing. So I increased the lifetime of the motion blur to me it looks more like she is simply creating still images of herself. B) the other reason why I stick to the after image effect is because I made it to trick players. I like characters that are sneaky, speedy, and tricky and sometimes annoying. And with all that I gave Naomi, she is all that I love about my type of characters. The teleporting dodges were another step into making her the type of character I like. Also the way she uses the dodge to her advantage as an AI is impressive and it wasn't what I was expecting. She would sometime dodge then as she comes out of her teleport she will try to hit you off guard, depending on how far she is from you. If she is far, she uses her super punch, if she is close, she uses her super kick.
And thank you for your comment about the new combat pose smile

#5 03/04/16 10:03

Iritscen

More to the point on #3, the issue with the after-image that ltemplar pointed out is mainly caused by the lack of a low-detail TRBS, so if EdT's model works for you, then the problem is probably solved.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 03/05/16 14:03

Delano762
Website

The character and especially animations are great (I really like the KKK combo)! Sure, the animations are extremely inconsistent because you're using various movesets and the new animations are very wooden, but compared to my work, guess I gotta admit that plenty of badly looking animations are better than few to no animations at all (not like my anims were extremely good looking) tongue

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer