Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/18/16 22:02

EdT
Website

Odds and ends

I'm going to upload various mods I worked on in the past.  They come "as is", in other words, they can have flaws, unfinished and so on.  But instead of sitting in my hard drive, maybe someone can find a use for them.  They will be uploaded to the Mod Depot, so you can download through AE Installer.

21700Mercenary Collection (updated name and description)
21700Mercs.jpg
A group of mercenaries based on the regular Oni characters, they use the same moves as their counterparts.

21800EdT's Misc. Characters  (updated name and description)
21800OtherChars.jpg
A collection of characters from the Internet and converted to Oni. They include Faith from Mirror's Edge, Kitana from Mortal Kombat, anime schoolgirl, cyborg and ninja. Faith and Kitana have high polygon counts so you will get the sorting buffer overflow message. Kitana and the ninja has issues with their body parts not being positioned correctly, so some animations look awkward.  Also, to me Kitana's arms look too long...

To be continued...

Last edited by EdT (02/19/16 00:02)

#2 02/18/16 23:02

Iritscen

Re: Odds and ends

Interesting!  I agree with the idea of making them available to others, but I would just ask that you name the packages a little more clearly than "Merc" and "OtherChars" (maybe something like "Mercenary Collection" and "EdT's Misc. Characters"), and that you note that they are unfinished if they're unfinished in a way that will inhibit people's enjoyment of them.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 02/19/16 00:02

EdT
Website

Packages renamed and issues noted.

I also have a few level models that are unfinished in the sense that I didn't write the scripts I had planned for them.  Or the model has some cosmetic flaws, that I haven't fixed, or bnv and ghost quad issues.  But I will look over them and take note of the issues when I upload them.

#4 02/19/16 06:02

Gleb
Website

It is interesting, I'm going to try this mod out today)

And I too have a level model that is unfinished, but I have been actively working on creating this level. smile

#5 02/19/16 17:02

EdT
Website

81100 MartianColony
81100MartianColony.jpg

This was one of the earliest model imported into Oni, a.k.a. Silly World. Issues: the bnv for this model is not complete, there are no ghost quads, so AI's can't patrol. Some areas uses a single sided polygon, so in Oni, one side is visible, the other is not. This uses level 5 The Airport Part Deux, flags 0 to 3 are available to explore. The original model was made by R. Anthony at the 3D Warehouse by Sketchup.

I was not able to import the full model, because it would cause Oni to crash, too many transparent polygons. If anyone is interested, I can upload the Sketchup files to Mod Depot.

@Gleb, if you need help with your new level, start a new thread and I'll try to help.

#6 02/19/16 21:02

Iritscen

Wow, I don't think I even saw that much of the level back then.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 02/19/16 23:02

Gleb
Website

EdT wrote:

@Gleb, if you need help with your new level, start a new thread and I'll try to help.

No thanks:) I am doing well.

Btw, your level a very very big!!!

Last edited by Gleb (02/24/16 20:02)

#8 02/20/16 00:02

Gleb
Website

Edt, I tested your characters.
Your characters are very cool and beautiful, but they have some defects:
V4E5RCY.jpg
Utnw1XU.jpg
5YSM2UL.jpg
xGBeu75.jpg
NZYIluh.jpg
smile

Last edited by Gleb (02/20/16 00:02)

#9 02/20/16 00:02

Gleb
Website

This character I really liked, good work!
6SJkwoW.jpg

#10 02/20/16 05:02

TOCS

Wow, looks like your work piled up pretty well. I really need to reinstall the game and see what's new! smile

#11 02/20/16 10:02

EdT
Website

@Iritscen, I haven't gone through the entire model in game, so there's probably model flaws, texture errors in there.

@Gleb, thanks, it is hard for me to take an existing model, break it up into 19 parts for Oni. Then finding the correct location for the center of rotation for each part, making the overlap areas, getting the textures to align and more.  So obviously I didn't do a good job for those models, that ninja was especially weird as you can see.  I think it will take a good 3d modeler to fix those problems. Any volunteers???  smile

@TOCS, I had a lot of ideas that I wanted to do, but, I couldn't get them to work like I hoped.

#12 02/20/16 12:02

TOCS

EdT wrote:

@TOCS, I had a lot of ideas that I wanted to do, but, I couldn't get them to work like I hoped.

I totally get you on this. I always start out with lots of enthusiasm and ideas of what I want, but when I get into it things always turn out differently than expected. wink

#13 02/20/16 16:02

Scarlett

Lol I guess the ninja wasn't stitched up well when he visited the surgeon and now, while on an important mission, his body just falls apart. The syndicate would just laugh at him

#14 02/20/16 22:02

EdT
Website

This level is almost ready... but again it is unfinished, I don't have any real scripts for this.

hotelbattle.jpg

#15 02/21/16 15:02

Tracker

@EdT
Great models and levels d(^_^)b
Faith and Kitana work fine for me, but it's a pity that the anime school girl isn't able to jump high enough.
Is it possible to change this, that she's able to jump as high as Konoko?

Last edited by Tracker (02/21/16 15:02)

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#16 02/21/16 17:02

EdT
Website

Hi Tracker, thanks for pointing that out, I don't know why the jump height was changed.  If you convert ONCCkanu.oni to xml, then change the jump value to this:  <JumpHeight>22</JumpHeight>.  Convert the xml back to .oni and replace the old ONCCkanu.oni in the package. She will be able to jump as high as Konoko smile

#17 02/22/16 15:02

Tracker

Thank you for the info!
Oni is the only game I'm interested in, but I have given up modding.
If somebody would fix this issue in the AE package I would use it for gameplay from time to time.
Thanks again to you and all the other, who have made through their hard work Oni to what it is today!

ONI is the best game in the universe!

Board footer