Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/12/16 23:02

EdT
Website

80320 AI Battle

AI Battle allows the user to test an AI in battle against another.
It is available through the AE Installer or the zip file is here: http://mods.oni2.net/node/324

The scripts and BINACJBOCharacter file were based on Oni Zen Garden - Junkyard

Activate developer mode .. press F1 then x then F1, and press ~ to bring up the console.

This script uses the same command entry as ZenGarden, to add a character use the "on" command, for example: motokoon.  This will add the character automatically to the level.  Then add the opponent for example: saraion.  Both AI's health is set to 200.  They will fight until one AI is defeated.  At that point, you can add another opponent to fight the winner.

If you want to fight against the AI, add one AI, then type the command "testme"

This uses the training room in Syndicate Warehouse level 1.

I added two more characters naomi and combust (Combustion Man)

Note: This mod contains the Custom Characters Melee patch for level 0, with the addition of Naomi (127), Motoko (50), Guard Dogs (51) and Iron Demon (52).  So you can choose the Brutal AI melee profile or the vanilla version.  Therefore, disable package 23901 until it is updated to a patch version.

I made this mod, because I wanted to watch how the AI would battle each other. I realized that this could be useful for modders, so they can easily test their AI against another AI. 

Perhaps, someday I can add a tournament mode, so the AI's can fight each other and a record of wins and losses could be shown.  But at this time, I don't know how to script that part.

Let me know if you encounter bugs and I will try to fix them.  If someone wants to improve the mod, please do so.

#2 02/13/16 10:02

Iritscen

Re: 80320 AI Battle

Sounds very useful!  I presume you're going to remove the melee info once we have placed that in 23901?  As far as recording wins/losses, doesn't the OTA script do that?  I don't know off-hand how they track that, but I'd guess it has something to do with chr_wait_health.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 02/13/16 14:02

Scarlett

That's really awesome EdT. This would be very useful when testing my character melee

#4 03/07/16 00:03

EdT
Website

AI_Battle has gotten more exciting... it has evolved beyond simply AI testing smile
AI_Battle_guns2.jpg

I have been combining elements of OTA and Oni Zen Garden. You can go from 1 to 1 battles to many against many.  I haven't tested the maximum numbers of AI at one time, but I think it is 16.  There are options for weapons and fighting areas.  You can shapeshift to any character simply by name.  You can focus the camera on any character, though not by name but by character index.

You can either watch the AIs in battle, or you can join the fight.  I'm still bug testing, so hopefully by next weekend it can be released.

#5 03/07/16 23:03

Scarlett

Lol Great work EdT!! And again, This is awesome smile . I recognize the character with the white hair anywhere ^_^

#6 03/08/16 22:03

EdT
Website

AI_Battle_ready.jpg
This is the danger area with random weapons for all the AI's

Someone went boom!
AI_Battlegoesboom.jpg

Before I upload it to the mod depot, I'm hoping someone can beta test it. Here it is:
Edit: AI Battle crashes on Windows.

Unzip the file, then put the folder inside the packages folder.  AE\AEInstaller\packages\
Open the Run AE Installer and select AI Battle and install. 

AI Battle installs in level 7 Obsolete.

Activate developer mode, and type help in the console for instructions.

For the options, the commands need to be entered in this manner: command name, space, then number.  For example area 2, weapon 1, focus 5.

There are couple of options not documented yet.  If you want to select the weapon for an AI, the command is name + on, space, number.  For example muroon 1, will give muro the w1_tap. The number corresponds to the weapon number in Oni.  To give the player a weapon the command is myweapon 3, this will give the player the w3_phr.  Finally, just for fun, I added the command neverdie, this should be entered before you start selecting the AIs.  The AIs are invincible, so you can watch them fight as long as you want smile  To end the battle, enter the command lose, this should reset the game.

Please let me know of any bugs you encounter or have questions or suggestions on improving the instructions.

Last edited by EdT (03/16/16 17:03)

#7 03/09/16 00:03

Scarlett

Wow I will see if I can get this tomorrow. I've never done beta testing before but it shouldn't be hard to find some errors

#8 03/12/16 20:03

EdT
Website

Added a boss mode, where you or the AI will face up to 8 enemies, one by one.  Can you make it through the gauntlet?
AI_Battle_Gauntlet.jpeg

Do you remember Oni Team Arena? I got it working in this mod, now you can choose the members of each team.  It doesn't have all the features of the original one, but it is fun to play, though, it still has some bugs to fix
AI_Battle_OTA.jpeg

#9 03/13/16 03:03

Scarlett

Who is that behind Sarai?

#10 03/13/16 21:03

EdT
Website

The one with the white socks? That would be Kanu, the anime school girl. 

Edit: Currently AI Battle crashes on Windows, I'm stumped as to the reason why.

Edit: Crash fixed in latest version, update with AE Installer

Last edited by EdT (04/28/16 11:04)

#11 04/28/16 01:04

Leus
Website

Looks cool, I need to check it out when I find time.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#12 05/01/16 18:05

Lithium

And this convinced me to reinstall again, thanks edt.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#13 05/02/16 13:05

Delano762
Website

Lithium wrote:

And this convinced me to reinstall again, thanks edt.

Convinced to reinstall?

The first thing every self-respecting Oni fan does after formatting his computer is installing Oni tongue

Last edited by Delano762 (05/02/16 13:05)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#14 05/05/16 15:05

Lithium

Eh I forgot to on my last two

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

Board footer