Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/29/16 21:01

Scarlett

What do you guys think with the new changes for Naomi?

There are some changes to be expected after I update Naomi, again.
1. Front Throws now have interpolation to give it more smoother transitioning to other animations.
2. A little change to the pelvis to make it look more "human"
3. New 3 kick combo, "False Image". Uses her usual after image effect and also to prevent kick spamming by continuously pressing the kick button.
4. She now uses her own combat stance, Fan Zi. Which is a Chinese fighting style for speed I think.
5. Vulnerability added to the first few frames of Comet Trail (super punch), to give her the chance to be attacked in exchanged for the 50 HP damage it does.
6. She now does 4 hits punch combo instead of 3 hits
So what do you guys think?
I might make a 4th costume for her too

Last edited by Scarlett (01/29/16 21:01)

#2 01/29/16 22:01

EdT
Website

Re: What do you guys think with the new changes for Naomi?

Sounds Awesome!

#3 01/30/16 04:01

ltemplar

Interesting..

I will look forward to test that.

PS. Regarding the shading techniques(texture work).I have no idea what program do You use to create models, but try if possible to bake some shading(not shadows) into the character texture. Usually the best result is when self illumination of the material is set around 60-70% (the shade is not to dark but still noticeable) and 4/5 lights are placed around her head. Just experiment to see which setting produce the best results for You. After that You can correct/add the other shadows or highlights where You need them.

Ltemplar.

#4 01/30/16 11:01

EdT
Website

One suggestion, while in Dev mode on occasions I get the message "sorting buffer overflowed". 

To correct this you will need to make another one of two TRBS of Naomi that has less polygons.  To understand what I mean, extract the TRBS of any original character from Oni as .xml.  You will get a xml file along with several TRBS daes with different LOD or levels of detail.

Look at the body parts of Naomi and see which has the most polygons and see if you can reduce the numbers.

#5 01/30/16 13:01

Scarlett

ltemplar wrote:

Interesting..

I will look forward to test that.

PS. Regarding the shading techniques(texture work).I have no idea what program do You use to create models, but try if possible to bake some shading(not shadows) into the character texture. Usually the best result is when self illumination of the material is set around 60-70% (the shade is not to dark but still noticeable) and 4/5 lights are placed around her head. Just experiment to see which setting produce the best results for You. After that You can correct/add the other shadows or highlights where You need them.

Ltemplar.

I used XSI for the models and also she was made by combining parts from few other character then reshaping those parts. I'm still new to working with models, ill take a look into what you told me to do.

EdT wrote:

One suggestion, while in Dev mode on occasions I get the message "sorting buffer overflowed".
To correct this you will need to make another one of two TRBS of Naomi that has less polygons.  To understand what I mean, extract the TRBS of any original character from Oni as .xml.  You will get a xml file along with several TRBS daes with different LOD or levels of detail.
Look at the body parts of Naomi and see which has the most polygons and see if you can reduce the numbers.

Yea I got that when I first made her and was wondering what caused it. It didnt cause any issue that's why I ignored it. I'll take a look at it

#6 02/07/16 15:02

EdT
Website

Scarlett, Paradox has released an open beta for his TRAM setup assistant, you can find it here: http://wiki.oni2.net/TRAM_setup_assistant

#7 02/07/16 17:02

Scarlett

Thanks EdT!! I'll sure take a look at it. By the way, how many attack frames can be in a throw?

#8 02/07/16 18:02

EdT
Website

Sorry, I don't know, I have not worked with throws.

How would you like your own army?
merc_naomi.jpg

I'm slowly remembering how to mod... smile  hmmm... I'm missing some textures...

#9 02/07/16 18:02

Lithium

it's lit

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#10 02/07/16 19:02

Scarlett

Haha Nice EdT!! I like it smile

#11 02/14/16 18:02

Scarlett

Does anyone have a knife model? I would like to use it

#12 02/14/16 20:02

EdT
Website

Board footer