Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/04/08 10:02

Joonyer

Best mods for Oni?

Hi all smile

Only started playing Oni for the first time last night - I love it, although some of the combat does feel a little clunky, and I SO wish I could hit/kick people on the floor so I don't have to stand around so long waiting for them to get up! Superb game tho...

Question: Are there any really well known mods for this game? I'm extremely busy with work so don't really have time to sift through like 6yrs of forum posts, so I was wondering if anyone could be good enough to recommend me some Oni related downloads smile

Tweaks, mods, expansions, whatever - if there's anything particularly well known for the game, recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joonz smile

#2 02/04/08 10:02

Iritscen

Re: Best mods for Oni?

I am not the answerman when it comes to mods because a lot of mods don't work on Macs, but I can say that you should check out OTA.  It's multiplayer with bots.

I can say, though, that there are at least three ways to hit someone on the ground, so clearly you have a lot to learn about Oni combat smile

Read this: http://wiki.oni2.net/Gameplay/Combat_moves -- or just keep experimenting.  (Hint: Konoko's feet do damage when she lands on someone, but only if she flips mid-air...)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 02/04/08 10:02

Joonyer

haha yeah clearly I do have a lot to learn! Like I say though I've only played it for 2hrs or so, so still experimenting!

Thanks for the speedy response, much appreciated smile

#4 02/04/08 10:02

Iritscen

You'll find that the combat is surprisingly deep as you get into the game and face tougher enemies.  At some point you will want to check out the Ultimate Project that this community is working on, the Seventh Anniversary Edition.  It has its own forum here, so you've probably already noticed it.  I don't know if I should recommend that you install it now, as it's going to make the experience different, and harder, and it's very much a work in progress.  At the very least, use it to mod a separate installation of Oni and play through only the levels you finished in the original version.  That's my recommendation at least, other members may or may not agree.

#5 02/04/08 10:02

geyser
Website

If Joonyer is on PC, the Edition will let him play the unmodded Oni at any time.
It's just a matter of running it from the edition folder or the original Oni folder.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 02/04/08 10:02

Iritscen

Oh!  That's news to me.  (Modding Oni is the only time I envy Windows users.  Gotta get my dual boot thing going soon.)

Board footer