Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/24/16 14:01

rheus

Oni for Windows 8?

Is there any way I can get a copy of Oni that runs on Windows 8? No mods or updates - just the regular game with original textures and NPCs, if that's possible.

#2 01/24/16 14:01

Iritscen

Re: Oni for Windows 8?

I'm assuming you already have a retail copy of Oni?  You can simply install the Daodan DLL manually to make sure that Oni runs on modern Windows machines.  See here: http://mods.oni2.net/node/233.

As far as I'm aware, the only actual incompatibility with Windows arose back when XP came out, and the DLL addresses that.  Besides that, there is a report of a display issue starting in Win 8 which is not addressed by the DLL, but see here for the solution: http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2880.

Note that the Daodan DLL does alter some aspects of the game because it patches some gameplay bugs, but you can turn those patches off, as explained in the documentation (which is linked to from the Mod Depot link I gave).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/25/16 21:01

rheus

That worked. Thanks!

#4 01/25/16 23:01

Iritscen

Great, glad to hear it.

#5 01/28/16 22:01

Bulbasumkin

Hi!
I have windows 8 ,and ONI.
So i place the file realbink into game, don't know for what Thank You
smile

#6 01/28/16 23:01

Iritscen

The file realbink.dll allows Oni to continue to play its cutscenes, because the Daodan DLL takes the place of the binkw32.dll that previously handled movie-playing for Oni.

Board footer