Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/23/16 19:01

Samer
Website

Hydra - work in progress

Uhm this has probably been the longest character I have worked on a without a release, I get motivated to work on her, and then demotivated and leave it when I realize the effort it will take to finish it, but recently the new character mods have inspired me to give it another try.

I am happy with her model and textures: she will have 6 variants. 3 white\greenish armored and 3 black armored, the black have higher health and each comes with 3 hair colors: blonde, black, green.

The concept of the Hyra is she is an SLD similar to the Tanker, but based on Sarai.
Her legs have been enhanced, so she will have a lot of kick and jump animations.

I have envisioned what all her animations will be like, making them is the difficult part since I haven't modded in a long time, and I feel there is a lot I have forgotten. I am going to use this thread to ask for some advice or reminders when I feel stuck, and to get feedback on the animations I finish. I hope there are still enough people around.

I still find throws the hardest part to make, but the most necessary for her. I hope I can get some help with that, have there been any easier ways to make them?

hydras.png

Last edited by Samer (01/23/16 19:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 01/24/16 10:01

Scarlett

Re: Hydra - work in progress

She's cute let me tell you that smile throws aren't really difficult to make once you know what you want to be included in the throw. The way I made my throws are by making the player animation first then open up both the player animation and the target model to be animated in XSI so I know where a certain action would go. Also in the XML of the throw not the throw tgt, there are positionings that can help to position your target, and how far your target has to be to be able to throw them. I hope this helps.

#3 01/24/16 11:01

Iritscen

You never finished Hydra, huh?  I've heard you talk about it so much I thought that you had smile

I don't know much about character animation myself, so I won't be very helpful.  Paradox made this tool for use with XSI when making animations, but as a Mac user, I'll be darned if I know what it does.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 01/25/16 12:01

Delano762
Website

Damn, Samer, you're getting better and better big_smile

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#5 01/25/16 22:01

EdT
Website

Samer, Paradox has an Excel macro that can assist in making the throws: http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:TRAM#fw_throws  It seems the TRAM setup assistant won't be available until March.

I'm glad to see you are back to working on Hydra.

#6 02/07/16 15:02

EdT
Website

Double Post smile

Samer, Paradox has released an open beta for his TRAM setup assistant, you can find it here: http://wiki.oni2.net/TRAM_setup_assistant Hopefully, this will help with your throws.

#7 07/21/16 09:07

Samer
Website

guys can someone help me troubleshoot this?

I was trying to go back to work on the hydra, but a problem came up: when I am switching through the characters and she appears in the game the game crashes "blam"  I can see her appear though, 2 secs later it crashes.
last time I worked on her she was fine. I don't think I changed anything in it since last time it worked. only thing changed since then is the AEinstaller and Onisplit were updated a few times.

it is not saying anything like missing trac or character variant, nor is it causing a buffer overflow or anything, and I see her so it's not missing trma either, I am a bit rusty so don't know\remember where else to look.

this is the pack  https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzf3yx7tnn38k … a.zip?dl=0

Last edited by Samer (07/21/16 09:07)

#8 07/21/16 11:07

paradox-01

"it is not saying anything like missing trac"

By the look of the files it seems that trac/tram is missing nonetheless.

TRAChydra_animations.oni doesn't have idle animations.
So even if hydra tries to get them from the child trac TRACshinbot_animations there will be a problem if shinatama package isn't installed. (Not tested. Just looking at it.) Maybe you had them installed always the same time in the past.

Edit: I've tested the package. I couldn't see a 2 second delay after shapeshifting. It crashes instantly here after oncc change. Anyway, installing 23100 restores Hydra's functionality. Maybe add that number as dependency?

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/21/16 12:07)

#9 07/21/16 17:07

EdT
Website

Hi Samer, Hydra is working for me, after I added package 23100 as paradox stated

hydra.jpg

#10 07/21/16 17:07

Samer
Website

thanks guys, I didn't think of the TRAc because usually it says TRAC missing or something, as far as I remember. guess I was trying shini's trac on her or something and forgot about it.

#11 07/21/16 20:07

Iritscen

It's good to see you active again, Samer!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer