Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/17/16 01:01

Scarlett

New Character Naomi

Naomi is completed and ready to download and use as a playable character or an ally or enemy NPC. See the change logs below.

Adds my custom character, Naomi.

Change logs :

Features:

Custom animations made by Scarlett (back-forward kick, taunts, idle1, forward kick, forward throws, powerup).
Custom moveset.
Custom contrail.
Able to link combos with another combo, throws, super moves.
She also uses some moves from other custom characters such as Sarai and Hanako.
Daodan glow (red with white hands glow and white floating orbs)

Changes to v1.2:

New kick throw from behind added.

Changes to v1.3:

Can now do 4 punch combo
New 3 kick combo to prevent kick button spamming.
New forward-punch throw.
Custom combat stance, Fan Zi.
Custom pistol idle.
Naomi's new hunter costume (leather pants and jacket)
Teleporting dodges for hunter and special Naomi.
Changed all model's hair textures from red and white to full white.

Changes to v1.4:

New outfits (pink and blank and the camouflage outfits)
New sweep.
New forward punch move.
Teleporting dodges added to the new models
New forward punch move.. That AoE stuns for all models

Exclusively for the new Naomi models:

Getup forward and back kick.
New kick throw.
3 new taunts.
New back forward kick. (Different animations for pink and black Naomi and the Camouflage Naomi) 
New super kick (the spinning kick does minor damage and last kick deals 
major damage. Can also steer while moving. If affected by first
kick you won't be affected by the last kick)

Also of note: The Super Punch now has some vulnerabilities to help balance the character. 

IOhvI3n.jpg

Download here: http://mods.oni2.net/node/322

Last edited by Scarlett (07/17/16 10:07)

#2 01/17/16 14:01

Iritscen

Re: New Character Naomi

You have to post it on a file-sharing site, or you can email it to me at [my user name]@yahoo.com.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/17/16 23:01

Scarlett

Thanks iritscen! I just gotta convert her borrowed custom moves into her own so she won't have to depend on another character installation to be used. Ill also add the modified fight club with her as the last character to fight instead of rayman. In the meantime, ill work on my new character Heiki. A guy about the size of an elite, with shoulder mounted SBG launchers and can shoot screaming cannon projectiles from his chest. I made his appearance already with red camouflage pants and his torso has no clothes. He won't run though, instead he will walk to his targets and have slow attack speed and also won't be daodanized. I've been thinking whether I should make him immune to weapons like the bots in the conversion interior level or not

Last edited by Scarlett (01/18/16 00:01)

#4 01/19/16 15:01

Scarlett

Iritscen I mail you my Naomi character. I was suppose to mail you the modified fight club with Naomi being the last character to fight but for some reason the upload kept restarting over and over again. I hope your email address is [Preventing spam. -I]. I also added a text document with her melee profile for those who would like to use her in a level. I also made her powerup animations last night that is like for Konoko's and not like Barabas's. I also pray to god no one add any extra moves to her melee profile when added to a level because Oni will crash. She comes in 3 outfits; white bodysuit, rose colored bodysuit, and a skimpy outfit that was inspired my Mortal Kombat Mileena character.

Last edited by Iritscen (01/19/16 16:01)

#5 01/19/16 16:01

Iritscen

Okay, I'll look at it when I get home.  Email addresses are not usually case-sensitive smile

#6 01/19/16 17:01

Scarlett

Oh thank god! smile

#7 01/19/16 22:01

Iritscen

All right, I've uploaded the mod here, though it is crashing Oni when I try it on my Mac.  I'm curious if it works for other people in general and, if so, if it is crashing for other Mac users.

#8 01/20/16 13:01

Scarlett

Well I have windows so I'm not really sure what could've caused the crash, everything is working fine for me. If I had a Mac then I could try to figure out the problem.

#9 01/20/16 13:01

Scarlett

I think I may have an idea what's causing the crash. Ill mail you another one soon with her kick throw from behind I started working on yesterday. Just the target animation left to be finished

Last edited by Scarlett (01/20/16 13:01)

#10 01/20/16 15:01

Iritscen

Just to be clear, for me Oni crashes in the middle of loading a level, as long as this mod is active.  It might be something off about Naomi's data that the Mac build is less tolerant of.  Anyway, feel free to send me an update when you have one.

#11 01/21/16 01:01

Scarlett

I completed the back throw and made a few particle changes I thought was the reason the mod crashes on Mac. Ill try to send them tomorrow

#12 01/21/16 06:01

dosmer

"Blam! Oni crashed" (Naomi / PC)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

#13 01/21/16 09:01

Iritscen

Hmm, interesting, thanks dosmer.  Scarlett, there must be something else you changed in your own Oni files while making this character that wasn't included in your mod.  Did you add an ONCV for Naomi to the 02200 Character Variants package on your machine?  Because I see she has three ONCCs in this package, but no ONCV, and I don't know if it's supposed to be that way.

#14 01/21/16 11:01

Scarlett

Oooooooh yeah. I forgot to add the ONCV to the package. Silly me smile

Edited:
You can check your mail now. I sent an updated version of the package with her ONCV, an ONVLvariant_list and her leg grab throw (throw_bk_k) I was finishing up. I pray this one works. And I also sent the Fight Club mod with Naomi being the last enemy instead of rayman. For those looking for a challenge you may consider fighting her if you're confident enough

Last edited by Scarlett (01/21/16 15:01)

#15 01/21/16 14:01

Scarlett

You can check your mail now. I sent an updated version of the package with her ONCV, an ONVLvariant_list and her leg grab throw (throw_bk_k) I was finishing up. I pray this one works

#16 01/21/16 17:01

Iritscen

Moderator note: Broke this topic out from Rei's Combustion Man thread since we were taking it over.

Okay, Scarlett, I have uploaded the 1.2 version of Naomi to the Depot, but here's the important part: the ONCV and the listing of Naomi in the ONLV are supposed to be a part of the AE core mod 2200 Custom Characters.  This package is kind of a hack -- we have to add each new character to it when it uses an ONCV.  So those two files were removed from the version of your Naomi mod that I uploaded, and you should work from that new version of the package going forward when you want to update Naomi.  Package 2200 has been updated as well, and when the AEI installs the new versions of these two packages, Naomi is working for me now, but let me know if you have an issue when you try it.

#17 01/21/16 19:01

Scarlett

Yeah I know that from the time I started working on Naomi but I added it because I wasn't really sure if it should be added to the mod package so I just add everything that has to do with her. And how is Naomi so far? And have you fought her yet?

#18 01/21/16 20:01

Samer
Website

please don't modify the fight club mod files. if the Naomi mod affects the fightclub please clearly state so in the description as it will affect any future updates of the fight club too.

We can add her to Oni Zen Garden mod for those who wanna fight her by the way.

Last edited by Samer (01/21/16 20:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#19 01/21/16 21:01

Samer
Website

After playing with her:

she's really cute ^_^
You did a good Job Scarlett she can surely spam those kicks forever tongue
The part I was most impressed with is the custom throws, they were really intricate and creative smile the forward punch throw and kick throw and back kick throw.
Also really liked the forward kick.

I would like to modify and use some of these animations for my Hydra character.

In the next update you could update her textures a little bit more with more shadows and highlights to give the cloth a more realistic look. but as I said she looks cute ^_^ reminds me of Rogue from X-men.

By the way a tip for taking screenshots of your character, (since I have noticed you haven't posted screenshots of her neither here nor my fb group that show her from the front directly):
position the character back to you, enter developer mode, press enter once, turn the character to face you, once she is turned press enter again, lower or raise the camera by the directional keys, then zoom in and out by the number pad keys and slightly move the mouse to get the camera just right.

here is a screenshot of the 3 outfits of your character:
2016-01-22_041628.png

Last edited by Samer (01/21/16 21:01)

#20 01/21/16 21:01

Lithium

some arm accessories would help out a bit here

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#21 01/21/16 22:01

Scarlett

Samer wrote:

After playing with her:

she's really cute ^_^
You did a good Job Scarlett she can surely spam those kicks forever tongue
The part I was most impressed with is the custom throws, they were really intricate and creative smile the forward punch throw and kick throw and back kick throw.
Also really liked the forward kick.

I would like to modify and use some of these animations for my Hydra character.

In the next update you could update her textures a little bit more with more shadows and highlights to give the cloth a more realistic look. but as I said she looks cute ^_^ reminds me of Rogue from X-men.

By the way a tip for taking screenshots of your character, (since I have noticed you haven't posted screenshots of her neither here nor my fb group that show her from the front directly):
position the character back to you, enter developer mode, press enter once, turn the character to face you, once she is turned press enter again, lower or raise the camera by the directional keys, then zoom in and out by the number pad keys and slightly move the mouse to get the camera just right.

here is a screenshot of the 3 outfits of your character:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o8ae … 041628.png

Thanks a lot samer smile and yes I do agree that the clothes need to more realistic look but I did it all with paint because I don't have photoshop yet. The kicks has no ending because I want to be able link moves with each other, like my favorite combo, kick kick kick down kick forward kick forward kick forward kick forward kick down kick/ down punch. The forward kick can also be used to hit opponents on the ground and can even pin them down as you keep spamming it. Her melee profile is in a text document for when you are going to add her to another mod. And another thing, if you update the fight club mod you won't have to worry because I made sure to change to mod number so it won't affect the original. The only thing i did to aff Naomi to fight club was to add her to the BINACJBOCharacter.oni then open the bsl that spawns the characters and replaced rayman's name with Naomi's. Also if you press back forward kick then she will do her Airball which is another animation I made from her. The idea came from MK Trilogy Kano's Kano-Ball

Last edited by Scarlett (01/21/16 22:01)

#22 01/22/16 00:01

Iritscen

I played as her a little bit, and she controlled well, though maybe a little too well smile  She can probably spam a few of her moves.

As far as the Fight Club mod, let me clarify to Samer that the "Fight Club with Naomi" package was going to be a totally separate mod which would be the same as Fight Club except that it spawns Naomi instead of Rayman.  So it wouldn't affect the original level.  However, I was going to email Scarlett about this, because I don't think it's optimal to release an entirely new copy of the 33MB level just to replace one character.

We could either make a patch mod that just alters the Fight Club files needed for Naomi to show up (so you would install the patch over Fight Club to get Naomi), or we could add the character to Oni Zen Garden as Samer suggested.  I'm a little out of my element here, especially because it's been a while since those mods were released, but I think SMP Fight Club is more of a showcase for Samer's "MegaPack" of new characters, whereas OZG is more of a general collection of the community's new characters.

#23 01/22/16 14:01

s10k
Website

I agree with Iritscen. Just do a patch mod to replace the final boss, that way we don't have to download 30MB and the Samer's files aren't replaced. smile

#24 01/22/16 16:01

Samer
Website

that's fine, best is to make it a separate mod and add a dependency to fight club in it.
However, I have been thinking of updating the fight club some time in the future, to add Motoko, Sarai and few others who haven't appeared in it, so the order of characters may change.

#25 01/22/16 18:01

Scarlett

Yea I wonder why I didn't see annoying Sarai and motoko in it. I called them annoying because Sarai has these moves that staggers a lot and that kick super is a bitch lol. She goes in air and flips around and when you try to avoid it she still follows you around and lands on you. Motoko is annoying because it's like every 10 second passes, "speekiku!!" not really sure what she said. And if you block it she grabs your ass and throw you on the ground. After observing the custom characters with my little pet project in the TCTF HQ, Sarai's the hardest non daodan character to beat when you are using a character with regular speed. Naomi is the hardest Daodanized character I've faced because of her speed and her ability to link combos. And she is more likely to counter with a punch throw or a kick linker combo. And because most character are all easy because you just stand your ground and attack because you know what's coming, I made her melee profile to constantly have you on your toes when you are fighting her and you have to either keep switching stance or dodge.  That's why I don't have an end to the 3 kick combo because I want the AI to use its own ways to finish the combo or just link it with punch combo, throws, supers, sweeps or other kick combos

Last edited by Scarlett (01/27/16 16:01)

Board footer