Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/15/16 03:01

Rei

Combustion Man (From Avatar TLA)

Hi, after a long absence. I've decided to finish one mod I've always planned to do since last year.

Name: Combustion Man (AKA Sparky Sparky Boom Man)
Based on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMqJmygsZlA

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

Origin: Avatar, The Last Airbender
Health: 500
He's basically a walking grenade launcher with unlimited ammo but no scope.

Traits:
1) Unknockable: Cannot be knocked down or thrown.
2) Big Size : About 2 heads taller than a Striker, same size as ThugBoss
3) Fall-Reduction: Receive significantly less damage from falls

Weakness:
Recoil: Will likely kill you!
Gunshot to the head will cause him to misfire.
Drastically slow hype regeneration rate. To ensure you wont heal fast enough.

WARNING: CHARACTER IS INSANELY BROKEN

Skills:
Combustion (left mouse or P key): Shoots a bullet from his head at a fixed target slightly above himself. The bullet detonates causing a huge blast capable of destroying most enemies in 1 shot. If detonates too close, it will blow him away, causing massive recoil.
0sfv9M9.jpg
LOH0URf.jpg

Earthquaker Stomp (right mouse or K Key): Stomp the enemy using his metal leg and cause and earthquake. Useful for close combat to avoid self detonation from the Combustion Attack.
FluxBB bbcode test

That's all the attacking moves he have other than a body slam running slide. But what do you need when you already so OP.

See him in action:
Note: Glassworld cheat was used for visual effect. Using it may slow the game due to particle overflow presumably.

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

WATCH HIM IN ACTION https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_C_3Hxa_Dg

Download him directly from the AE.

Have fun blowing those Syndicate Mountain Sniper Towers big_smile

Last edited by Rei (01/17/16 01:01)

#2 01/15/16 10:01

Lithium

Re: Combustion Man (From Avatar TLA)

Looks pretty good

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 01/16/16 11:01

Rei

Thanks @Lithium.

Anyone Avatar Fans here? Anyone tried it yet? Any feedback???

Btw: Watch him in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_C_3Hxa_Dg

Last edited by Rei (01/17/16 00:01)

#4 01/16/16 12:01

Iritscen

Heh, talk about glassworld.  Seems like fun to go through the world destroying everything.  I haven't seen but a few episodes of Avatar myself, so I don't know the guy.  I have uploaded the mod to the Depot here: http://mods.oni2.net/node/321.  You should delete your version of the mod from your packages/ directory and try downloading this one through the AEI to make sure it works (I updated the package structure to the current 2.0 protocol).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 01/16/16 16:01

Samer
Website

I'm always happy to see new characters smile
good job with incorporating particle attacks

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 01/17/16 01:01

Rei

@Iritscen Thanks for the upload. It works fine. Glassworld seems to cause some temparary lag though. But the sniper tower destructions are epic!

@Samer It took a while to get the bullet to fly straight. It is shooting everywhere at first :lol

Any other feedback? Is it too broken? I've made him have super slow hypo recovery to ensure his health does not gain back fast enough (Unless you wait for a few minutes stationary). Should I buff the power of the blow to power 200 so it'll kill him in one hit if shot too close? Btw he's like a walking rocket launcher. Lacks the aim scope of the rocketballgun but makes up for having unlimited ammo.

Any a side question any melee expert could answer. Anyway to tweak the melee so he can he fought with decent AI? ie aim properly and fire at far distance and not blow himself up when close. Thanks for any feedback/answers.

#7 01/17/16 11:01

Iritscen

Rei wrote:

Any other feedback? Is it too broken?

I didn't have a lot of time to test him, but I noticed that when I got knocked down by one of my own blasts, I was unable to get up.

Any a side question any melee expert could answer. Anyway to tweak the melee so he can he fought with decent AI? ie aim properly and fire at far distance and not blow himself up when close. Thanks for any feedback/answers.

I'm not a melee expert, but I thought about how Oni has a character with a similar fighting technique: Mukade.  Mukade also fires long-range projectiles, and only if he has some distance from the enemy.  So I took a look at our AI article, and I think the SuperNinjaMelee might be what you want.  See http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:BINA/OBJC/CMBT for where that flag is supposed to be set.

Scarlett wrote:

I always wonder how to upload mods to the depot. I've completed Naomi and wanted to add her to the Depot but know how.

You need a Depot account, but I normally only give those out once someone has made a few mods.  I'd be glad to upload your character if you provide the package you made (so far this character has been a big mystery to us here on the forum ;).

#8 01/17/16 12:01

Scarlett

I'm not a melee expert, but I thought about how Oni has a character with a similar fighting technique: Mukade.  Mukade also fires long-range projectiles, and only if he has some distance from the enemy.  So I took a look at our AI article, and I think the SuperNinjaMelee might be what you want.  See http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:BINA/OBJC/CMBT for where that flag is supposed to be set.

Where mukade should use his fireball technique is in a Combat.oni file, I don't remember the full name of the file. Also you can try to adjust the "ToleranceRange", "MinRange" and MaxRange" in the <Position> tag to be a higher in the melee profile, or you can give him an action in melee profile to retreat to a suitable range then fire. try to see if those will work. You can also use rayman as help since he use ranged fireballs

You need a Depot account, but I normally only give those out once someone has made a few mods.  I'd be glad to upload your character if you provide the package you made (so far this character has been a big mystery to us here on the forum wink.

Where can I add the mod package so you can upload it to the depot. I really want someone to try her out, especially in 1vs1

Last edited by Scarlett (01/17/16 12:01)

#9 01/17/16 19:01

Samer
Website

making projectile shooting characters fight as AI is tough, I struggled with it while making rayman.

read here http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2622
and here http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=588&p=2 2nd page last few posts

#10 01/19/16 03:01

Rei

@Iritscen, he can't get up via normal punch/kick as he has no other offensive skills, thus you have to press w or shift+w.

@Scarlett, looking forward to challenge ur Naomi smile Also, unless he is Cyborg or something, I don't think Heiki should be weapon-proof if he's human. Setting the boss shield to like 0.8 (to receive about 20% of the weapon damage) should be suffice.

The problem with its melee is that it's particle attack is straight, and thus he'll not aim, making it very easy to avoid. But I probably give up on his melee. He's just a fun character to blow up stuff especially in glassworld. If anyone's having trouble with him, activate chenille and he'll receive very little damage from his own blast, as well as any weapon shot.

#11 01/19/16 09:01

Iritscen

Iritscen, he can't get up via normal punch/kick as he has no other offensive skills, thus you have to press w or shift+w.

For me, he just doesn't get up at all after the blast knocks him down.  No keys cause him to get up, nor does spinning the mouse around.  He just keeps lying there.

#12 01/21/16 21:01

Samer
Website

Rei I have the same problem as Iritscen he doesn't get up. this is sometimes an issue with the Tanker, I think you forgot his get up animations in his TRAC.

make sure you include all getup animations of Tanker character and the getup animations from his original parent TRACs as well

Last edited by Samer (01/21/16 21:01)

#13 01/22/16 14:01

s10k
Website

Nice to see new characters and mods! big_smile

#14 02/19/16 20:02

EdT
Website

I added TRACcomguy_animations to ParentCollection in the TRACCombustion_animations files, so he can now get up, package has been updated.

Board footer