Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/22/15 17:12

Scarlett

I made my first throw ^_^

I made my first throw ^_^ . I took my 3 days to get the rotations and some positions right because of what I wanted my character to do I the throw but I managed. There are still a some changes to be made because when my character is doing the throw, the target is a bit over to the left instead of being in the center. Other than that, it is working well

#2 12/22/15 18:12

Lithium

Re: I made my first throw ^_^

Mind showing us a bit? Would like to see what you made.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 12/22/15 20:12

Scarlett

A lot of people have been asking me to show them my custom character in a video instead of photos but I don't have anything to record and don't know of anything that can be used to record. I made my characters 2 taunts, 3rd super move which I called "Nao-Ball" and combos. The "Nao-Ball" is a copy of Kano-Ball from MK 1 kano who goes in cannon ball mode for a few seconds before shooting off. I found it cool and made it for my character. When you use it, you have 2 seconds to aim before firing off. You can still steer while moving but you will be moving fast. My custom character, Naomi also have some moves from Hanako and fury, and the tanker 3 knee hit throw

#4 12/22/15 20:12

Scarlett

Most of the animations I made for my character are inspiration from character is other games. For my throws, I got the ideas from Shermie in Neo Geo battle Colleseum who uses grapples and throw in her fights

#5 12/22/15 20:12

Scarlett

I won't be able to have a video for my character throw but I can tell you how it goes.
It goes like this:
My character flips over her target while holding onto her target head. Then as she reaches the very peak of the flip, she does a quick turn to twist her target head. She then land behind her target and grabs hold of them to do a suplex (the punch throw the comguys and tctf lite do when they are behind you).

#6 12/23/15 03:12

HCthenemesis
Website

@Scarlett Firstly do not create multiple posts. Edit and say it all in one.

Secondly, CamStudio works well for recording. I use D3D Gear for on screen recording in Windows 7.

Steering my life towards a new direction...

#7 12/28/15 01:12

Scarlett

Ok thanks, I will try to get that. And I will try not to make multiple posts

#8 12/29/15 08:12

HCthenemesis
Website

D3D Gear is just too good. Use that.

#9 01/05/16 23:01

Scarlett

I got it but for some reason whenever I try to vids to fb it takes forever. Idk if it is because it is .avi or it was just to wifi. I have another question, why is it that sometimes when you mix body parts from different characters and load up the model in ONI and run or crouch or any animation that includes bending one of the modified areas, that part of the body will get separated from the parent? I swap the calfs from another character with my custom character and when I load it up in ONI and crouch or any other animation that included moving the legs, the calf and the thigh will get separated from each other. I've tried moving the calf a bit but no fix

Last edited by Scarlett (01/06/16 00:01)

#10 01/06/16 08:01

paradox-01

Why don't you try another format than avi as already suggested on FB?

Can't decide? https://www.facebook.com/business/ads-g … deo-views/

#11 01/06/16 12:01

HCthenemesis
Website

The most universal format for videos is MP4. AVI is forcibly made popular in the main stream, but MP4 still is more widely used and supported. For streaming, use WEBM or FLV.

#12 01/06/16 14:01

Scarlett

I managed to fix the body part issue I wrote about in my last comment. And from what I've noticed avi takes up less space than mp4. I realized this after making two videos with different lengths, the avi which is 8 minutes has 3 MB while the mp4 which is just 3 minutes has the same 3MB. So I'm thinking avi would upload faster. Maybe the problem was the wifi speed

#13 01/06/16 15:01

TOCS

Scarlett wrote:

I managed to fix the body part issue I wrote about in my last comment. And from what I've noticed avi takes up less space than mp4. I realized this after making two videos with different lengths, the avi which is 8 minutes has 3 MB while the mp4 which is just 3 minutes has the same 3MB. So I'm thinking avi would upload faster. Maybe the problem was the wifi speed

What you need to look at is the bit rate of the video you're making. Having a fundamental understanding of how video codecs work will also greatly help you with issues like these, since some are a lot more compressed than others.

You should probably also test your WAN bandwidth so you have an idea of the bit rate you want and how much time it's going to take to upload.

Last edited by TOCS (01/06/16 15:01)

#14 01/17/16 08:01

Scarlett

Ok thanks for that's TOCS. Anyway I'm finished with my character Naomi. I'm working on Heiki now, an huge, muscular aggressive guy with mask around his mouth, bare chested and camouflaged pants and he fires SBG rockets from his shoulders and Screamjng cannon projectiles from his chest. And also walk instead of running towards his targets. I made him last night but I am wondering, after you remove a body part from another character to make in an object of its own, where do you put the new object in the model tree for it to be connect with a body part of a character, like the head for example? Or do you leave it outside of the model tree and adjust its position then convert it to fbx then use fbx converter to change it to dae?

Board footer