Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/25/15 15:12

Johnny Snake

Some mods won't install

Hey guys!

First, congratulations for the forum and the great work with the AE. It's really amazing!

So, I install the game and then install AE and update, right? Some mods work just fine when I download and install within the program, for exemple, the HQ Konoko mod.

But the mod I really want to play is the Motoko character, but it just doesn't seem to work. I install the mod and when I play It's still Konoko. The same happens when I try to install an Arena or new Stage mode.

What am I doing wrong?

Obs: Sorry for my rusty English.

Gits\Oni

#2 12/25/15 16:12

Iritscen

Re: Some mods won't install

Hi there, thanks for your interest in the AE.  One thing that the character mods don't generally do is actually change any characters in the game from an old class to a new class.  They just add new classes to the game data, and then the player either has to access a new class through "shapeshifter" or by using level scripting to take advantage of those new classes.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/25/15 23:12

Johnny Snake

Man, my sincere thanks smile

I didn't know I should use Shapeshifter cheat.

What about the new levels? How do i made then work?

Gits\Oni

#4 12/26/15 00:12

Iritscen

Generally, the AE Installer is supposed to unlock the level in your save-game file, which means that when you click Load Game, you should automatically see the new level's name (without any savepoints under it) in the list.  But let us know if you're having an issue finding a specific level and we can look into it.

#5 12/26/15 12:12

Johnny Snake

I didn't finish the game yet. The save for the new level appears only after the last save point of the main game?

Gits\Oni

#6 12/26/15 13:12

Iritscen

The new levels are usually placed after the original levels, but I think that the AE Installer will unlock them regardless of your progress through the main game.  Which one are you trying to play?

#7 12/28/15 01:12

Scarlett

You can change characters by using "shapeshifter" cheat, or by activating dev mode and press or hold F8. Or you can activate dev mode and write chr_set_class 0 *character name here*. The last one to be quicker but you'll have to know the name of the character you want to change into or else oni will crash. You can also use it to change other characters into ones you want but their melee profiles will remain. If you want to play as motoko from the start of a level, you can edit one of the bsl files for the level and add chr_set_class 0 motoko after a checkpoint. Then you will be motoko each time the checkpoint loads.

Last edited by Scarlett (12/28/15 01:12)

#8 12/28/15 18:12

Johnny Snake

Arena mode @Iritscen, but I guess it's because i didn't finished the game yet.

Anyway, thanks for all the help thus far smile 

Thanks for the extra tip in change the characters @Scarlett!

You guys are great! wink

Gits\Oni

#9 12/28/15 23:12

Iritscen

Hmm, Arena mode... do you mean one of the Oni Team Arena mods?  Some are for new levels and some are for existing levels, but they should all be accessible even if you haven't finished the game.  Still, it's probably better to finish the game first, because installing mods might replace the scripts for (or alter some other major aspects of) an existing level.

Board footer